Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• jorichste
    jorichste Posts: 240 Forumite
    Options
    after a week of reading I have finally got to the end!!!!
    I've never done atkins before but have now been on induction since thursday.Apart from feeling like I was going to die on saturday its not been anywhere near as bad as i expected.
    I've followed the ww way for a long time, lost 4 stone in 4 years. then this year decided that enoughs enough. I went on low cal (800 a day) for 3 weeks and lost 11lbs, but then worried about piling it all back on so figured I'd give the lc thing a go.
    Very happy to report a 3lb loss so far, I only have 5lb left to get to my original goal, but could do with dropping another stone after this really.
    Thanks for all the fab info on here and its been incredibly supportive just having this huge thread to devour while I was struggling.
    In short I think I may be a lifetime lowcarber in the making!!:T
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    jorich welcome to our happy (usually!!) band glad we have converted u and well done on yr loss so far

angel u need the whites for the oopsies so there wouldnt be any left over to use

i am goin to try high fat this week as i cant seem to shift these extra pounds so thought i would try something different, especially want to get rid of them before i go on holiday

x
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • tinkerbell84
    tinkerbell84 Posts: 5,323 Forumite
    Options
    Just reading recipes: If you make Oopsies you could then make meringues with the whites!

:confused: You use the whites in the oopsies!
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Lost 2 and a half pounds this week, so I'm 1 lb off a 3 stone loss! :j It's been pretty slow lately, so it's nice to see some good movement.

Good luck to everyone else who weighs on a Monday.

Looks like spring might be here - have a good week, all.
  • aliasojo
    aliasojo Posts: 23,053 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys, just a quickie from me to say I might not be around too much over the next wee while as I've got other things I need to attend to and sitting at the pc is, unfortunately not one of them. (Bummer :sad: ) I'm still going to stick my head in when I get a minute and try to keep up with everyone's progress so keep up the good work!

I managed to lose 5lbs this week so that's 2st and 1lb I've lost in exactly 8 weeks. Needless to say I'm chuffed and I'm sure this thread and being a part of this wee friendly group is helping, so thank you. I've still got a way to go but I'm quietly confident I'll be on the beach flaunting it in the summer. ;)

Anyway, hope this week is kind to you all. :beer:
    Herman - MP for all! :)
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    drc wrote: »
    Erm, I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but there is a BOGOF offer at Tesco's at the moment for packs of 5 peperami. They have something like 0.6g carb per bar.

Yep - we took advantage of this on saturday! :T

Sx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Sazbo
    Options
    Hello lovelies :hello: and welcome newbies :hello:

It's Monday. Yay. Not:rolleyes:

Well, I set my weekly target at 1 and half pounds. And I've lost one and a half pounds:):) I know it's not much, but after weeks and weeks of interminable stalling, I'll gladly take it lol.

It's early days but maybe salad once a day and cutting out evening veg has been the key for me. Obviously not something I could or would want to continue in the longterm, but just to get this bloomin' weight shifted. I will do this!

I got everything in now to make oopsies, so gonna give it a go this week hopefully. Will leave them out for a bit as you suggest shykins, as I won't like them if they're too eggy tasting.

Well done to everyone who's lost :T Good luck with the high-fat approach shykins. Alias hun - hope you get everything sorted - don't be away too long:)

Take care and have a good day everyone :wave:

Much love,
    Sazzy xxxxxxxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • suemagoo
    suemagoo Posts: 209 Forumite
    Options
    Hello all its day one for me again have been messing around with low calorie diets for weeks and getting no where so have decided to go for 2 week of induction Atkins , IT allways work then i stray WHY !! Think its because i miss pasta and jacket potatoes ,I hate mash so cauliflower substitute doe's not work for me ,Has any one thoughts on pasta substitute and have tried white cabbage to replace it ,im going to write my menus up think that may help :j
  • Sazbo
    Options
    Hi Sue :) Hmm... pasta - it's a tricky one. Funny tho, because I was the world's number one pasta addict - honestly. I used to make my own from scratch every week (ditto bread). So when I started low carbing I really thought I couldn't live without pasta, but the weird thing is I haven't missed it. Missed plenty of other things and lapsed on plenty of other things lol but not pasta? :confused: But I can understand you missing it tho.

I've seen some low carb sites give recipes for pasta made with soya flour - but I don't know how low carb that is. Or else spaghetti squash? Not sure what the season for that is tho - might be an autumn thing. I know you tried white cabbage, but I quite often buy those bags of finely shredded cabbage greens and leeks - which only needs abt 5 mins in the micro and I think is quite spaghetti-like when cooked...

hth,
    Sxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've seen a couple of clever ideas for pasta "alternatives" - my favourite is one where you take a courgette and use a potato peeler to shave it lengthwise - this gives you very thin strips of courgette which only need to be boiled for a couple of minutes to give you a low-carb "tagliatelli".
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport