Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• worried_jim
    worried_jim Posts: 11,631 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone is progressing- I like the recipe ideas, shame i am a man and just cant be bothered! I haven't eaten a single carb that I shouldn't have since 14 days ago- this includes alcohol. Not really craving anything, well until I read about the ice cream on this thread ! I do fancy a toasted cheese sandwich though, and a beer would be nice. Weigh in on tuesday, I will not falter ! Keep it up all. jim x.
  • ames100
    ames100 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    beggining of this week i went up 2 pounds but now im down by that and 1/4 pound on top so hopefully i am moving on down yayyyy. i will check tomoz- then i can finally reach the 1 stone mark after exactly 1 month!

Good luck jim on your target
    keep calm and carry on :rotfl:

may toiletries IN- 7 UU- 13

• Mercy
    Mercy Posts: 1,733 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just checking in to see how everyone is progressing- I like the recipe ideas, shame i am a man and just cant be bothered! I haven't eaten a single carb that I shouldn't have since 14 days ago- this includes alcohol. Not really craving anything, well until I read about the ice cream on this thread ! I do fancy a toasted cheese sandwich though, and a beer would be nice. Weigh in on tuesday, I will not falter ! Keep it up all. jim x.

Yay jim! Go guy! :j

Not long to revelation day, you already know u dun good but do not falter! Bet your trews have felt less constricting, that's a good sign :rotfl:

Glad your still with us, tis nice to have a bloke about the place. And one that's so committed.

The low carb way is quite a tasty route to choose, glad you like it! I don't miss all the bad stuff really, just eat too much of the good stuff :rotfl:

M
    low carb recipe list - link on page 1 low carb support thread
    You don't have any control over what life throws at you.
    You DO have control over how you react :)
  • Mercy
    Options
    ames100 wrote: »
    beggining of this week i went up 2 pounds but now im down by that and 1/4 pound on top so hopefully i am moving on down yayyyy. i will check tomoz- then i can finally reach the 1 stone mark after exactly 1 month!

Yay! Go girl! :j (getting deja vu here)

That's the peril of weighing yourself too often, gives disappointment and joy in equal measure :) Bet you goin the right way overall.

1 Stone in 1 month? You must be the incredible shrinking lady! Well done, hun!

Big love

Mx
  • mazzers
    mazzers Posts: 4,234 Forumite
    Options
    th_001-Copy.jpg

Yaay, I did it.. these are my oopsies

Was well pleased with results but they cooked in only ten or so mins
  • mazzers
    Options
    ames100 wrote: »

That is amazing, :T i hope i can do a stone in a month
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Funny-Ive now lost my carb craving-apart from "needing" the sugarfree jelly. I dont miss the bread or the cakes-I bought a load of them at the market yesterday and left them for everyone else to pig out on! Not a crumb has passed my lips-it wouldnt be worth it!
    Ive started knitting again-a new top for me with some wool I want to use up. Im knitting it a size smaller than the previous one of course so it will have to fit!
    When I must be really strict with myself is Tuesday and Thursday when Im working as that is when temptation strikes. Ive been lucky as most of the time since I started Atkins Ive been home on holiday so it hasnt been a problem and Ive had lots of time to prepare food and cook things.
    I cooked the liver(400g) tonight with 3 tiny mushrooms and one red onion. I added a couple of big splashes of tom puree and a squirt of garlic puree to it and put it in my wok type pan covered. I steamed the brocolli-(460g) with no salt as Im trying to exclude salt.
    This is enough for 2 big portions. I decided to have a large serving as otherwise Id feel peckish later tonight and that is when I can make mistakes. Not sure what the carbs are for one med red onion???
    I calllculated the carbs for the rest at a total(net carbs on the brocolli)of27g
    Ive put in 14g carbs for the onion. If this is near enough then the meal was approx 14g which sounds a lot but im still within my 20g a day. Im not finding 20g a problem this time. My failure in the past has been lack of variety and Im a person who gets bored very easily.
    I got some soya milk and soya cream to experiment with too-so I will look through the recipes for ideas. I do have some vegegel at the back of the cupboard -Ive used it a lot in the past so I must dig it out and look at the carbs on it too. Somewhere-Ive got the "Atkins for life" book with lots of recipes in-I must get that out too. So far-Tuesday will be my third week of induction and Im finding it no problem-not too restrictive. Being on here has helped me a lot-sharing your ideas-thank you all so much!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • newish2this
    newish2this Posts: 566 Forumite
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    th_001-Copy.jpg

Yaay, I did it.. these are my oopsies

Was well pleased with results but they cooked in only ten or so mins
    Hey they look fab Maz:T
    How did you cook them so quickly though? Mine usually take about 25-30mins? What temp were you using and have you got one of those fan ovens?
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • Mercy
    Options
    mazzers wrote: »
    Thanks Mercy for the links and badgerlady for the jellies, will def be trying them. Have never liked jelly, didnt see the point of it really but find it really refreshing now.

Made my oopsies, they came out brill but the mix was a bit runny as i was afraid to overbeat the eggs, put two on tray and had brainwave to put four in my yorkshire pud pan.. result, they are the best cos they are thicker and just the right size for a burger the ones on tray spread (my pan makes the larger puds) would post a pic as they look fab but i cant get it to paste into the thread, any ideas:confused:

You can't overbeat egg whites, your arm would drop off first :rotfl: Like the yorkie pud pan idea, bet they were lovely. As all oopsies are. Tink said she does the mix in a swiss roll tin and either cuts to desired size or makes a wrap with em. All sounds good, must make some myself soon.

Mx

ps Tink also makes profiteroles from this recipe. Makes little ones and stuffs the innards with whipped cream (or maybe cuts em a bit to make room?) then pours / drizzles melted 85% choc over em. She's a saucy sweetie maker that one :)
  • mazzers
    Options
    Hey they look fab Maz:T
    How did you cook them so quickly though? Mine usually take about 25-30mins? What temp were you using and have you got one of those fan ovens?
    Yes is fan oven and not too sure of temp as the bl**dy numbers have been wiped away with cleaning, what a useless oven. Guessed at somewhere bettween 175 and 200 as didnt have temp in recipe i had saved
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure