We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• newish2this
    newish2this Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Also, read that the pancake mix (cream, cream cheese and eggs) makes a layering for lasagne;)
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    yaay well done to our brilliant losers.. so nice to see the scales moving in the right direction for some

pasta subs hmm well i have never really come up with anything tho to me pasta is jus flour and water ie glue lol BUT to make lasagna i have replaced the pasta with aubergine or leek and that worked really well. have heard of people julienning courgette etc, u can buy a thing called a spiraller that does it quickly, google it if u dont know what the hell i am on about lol
    oh poo seen some other people psoted ideas while i been typing this but cant be bothered to change it lol

x
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • Badger_Lady
    Badger_Lady Posts: 6,264 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yeah, I got given a spiraller for free in Tesco - haven't tried it yet though!
    Mortgage | £145,000Unsecured Debt | [strike]£7,000[/strike] £0 Lodgers | |
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Well good news again today as the scales now say 11.13. The wicked no 12 has gone! Now I know many say weigh once a week but Im not one of the paranoid types-I know my variations-it just gives me more isight into what they are-the range.
    Just dug out a diary from 2006 and I was 10 st 10 I think(put it away now)
    My pre preg weight in 1984 just before my second child was 9.7. I am still trying to find a couple of outher diaries where Ive kept weight.(found that on the clinic card)
    Still behaving here-so I hope everyone else is! Ive perepared egg mayo for tomorrows brekky as Im working and I will probably take salmon(tin of)and salad. I will also take some ham/salami and grated cheese to snack on at teabreaks-I just hope there is nothing remotely naughty on the staffroom table to tempt me.
    I did "invest" in some 85% choc so I can always leave it in my locker for emergencies-damage limitation here!:A
    However-as Im finding it easy at the mo-no ill effects whatsoever I cannot excuse myself if I do slip. I may end up hiding in my car lunchtime and listening to music/reading in peace if all else fails.(making my car smell fishy)
    I bet they will think me mad when I take in my pot of cream-little do they know! Anyhow-reading my old diaries has inspired me more as I know how bad Ive been the past couple of years-saved lots of money-but not put my body first.
    Silly me with the Oopsies! Never mind! May just try meringues instead. Now imagine-I go into work with meringues and whipped cream saying Im dieting! Hehehehe I love the idea!:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh! My dd has now congratulated me twice on what Im doing-apparantly she didnt think Id do it! So I have to keep going!
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • philipjfry
    Options
    hi everyone :o been reading this thread for days now and have found it really helpful and entertaining.:T Started on the lc way of life at beg of year, and made some huge errors, resulting in weight gain.:mad: Now have the IPD book and am on day 4 with hope in my heart:rotfl:Made the oopsies 2day and as were a bit flat , made them into pizzas - v. nice:D love jude x
  • sweetserendipity
    Options
    Did I say I wasn't going to be pigathon naughty?! Check out the new sig. :o
    I'm definitely coming back soon (before I regain all my lost weight!!).
    By the way, congratulations to everyone who has lost!! :T You can use me as a reason for not being naughty!!:rotfl: Look what happened to Sweet...... :rotfl:
  • newish2this
    newish2this Posts: 566 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did I say I wasn't going to be pigathon naughty?! Check out the new sig. :o
    I'm definitely coming back soon (before I regain all my lost weight!!).
    By the way, congratulations to everyone who has lost!! :T You can use me as a reason for not being naughty!!:rotfl: Look what happened to Sweet...... :rotfl:
    Awww sweet, come back soon! Don't spoil all your hard work!;)
    If you think nobody cares whether you're alive or dead, try missing a couple of mortgage payments.:whistle:

My way is Atkins;)
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Badger the free one is probably one of those u use on cucumber etc the one i meant sort of makes everything look like spaghetti lol

jude nice to have u with us, glad the oopsies pizzas worked well they can be very versatile little beasts lol

angel yaay to u too so nice to break a stone barrier

sweet... tut tut get yr a&& back in here before u gain it all back

x
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • angelatgraceland
    Options
    Well Im gonna use the word that wasnt in my vocabulary! GYM!
    Ive just been down there for a chat and a look around and Im going on Weds to sign up!!! Never been in my life so its a huge step! It is in the same leisure centre where I swim so thats included too which is really useful and they are very helpful and reassuring. I dont know what others pay for gym membership-but this is £39 per month. Is that reasonable? I can go as often as I want and use what I want for that. About same price as 3 swims a week anyhow I figured. Did a half hour walk by the marina but when it get windy it gives me a headache.
    Annual Grocery budget 2018 is £1500 pa £125 calendar month £28.84 pw for 3 adults
  • ames100
    ames100 Posts: 215 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah, I got given a spiraller for free in Tesco - haven't tried it yet though!

me too badgerlady lol, still havnt worked out what to use it for...............

1 pound to go till the 1stone mark! so hopefully by wed:T
    keep calm and carry on :rotfl:

may toiletries IN- 7 UU- 13

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business