We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Low Carb Diet (atkins)

Options

Comments

• tinkerbell84
    Options
    ravylesley wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I thought I would check in so that you know I'm still here and still low carbing.Though god knows why as I have absolutely no motivation at the moment:o I havent cheated but been sorely tempted to

Sazzy hows things going with you?

Shykins must be due back soon.I thought she was only going to Egypt for a few days

Lesleyxx

I think it's the weather. We should be eating stodge and it's the stodge we can't have ;)
  • Sazbo
    Sazbo Posts: 4,617 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    ravylesley wrote: »
    Hi everyone

I thought I would check in so that you know I'm still here and still low carbing.Though god knows why as I have absolutely no motivation at the moment:o I havent cheated but been sorely tempted to

Sazzy hows things going with you?

Shykins must be due back soon.I thought she was only going to Egypt for a few days

Lesleyxx

Hi Lesley :wave: Hi everyone :wave:

Good to hear from you hun - I was wondering how you were. I'm doing ok thanks :)... altho, to be honest, I'm really glad it's Friday... as always, lol. I just get so tired during the week; I feel like a zombie most of the time:o Poor gilly is on a work-related course for the next 3 saturdays, so not much of a weekend for him.

I know what you mean Lesley, about no motivation:o I was within half a pound of losing that blooming stone last weekend and now I'm 3 pounds heavier?! :confused: (And even then, I suspect that was only because we had a very late breakfast/lunch at the weekend, so intermittent fasting in effect really...) Lol makes me wish instead of trying to be good I had just had that big glass of red when I was wanting it the other night!:D

And I think Tinks is right - the cold weather doesnt help either. I've been using the slow cooker a lot and making some lovely warming stews etc, but usually including some veg - always low-carb stuff like leeks, broccolli, celery, mushrooms etc - but now I'm thinking perhaps I should be having the absolute minimum of veg... gawd... I've just always loved veg and find it so hard to limit it:rolleyes: Comes to something on a diet when you have to be careful with your veg intake lol. I've already cut out all dairy apart from a small amount of butter... not much else I can do. Oh well, maybe by christmas I'll have finally shed that stone lol - maybe I should have a word in santa's ear?! :rotfl:

I'm also hoping that my omega 3 and vitamin D3 regime will keep my mood buoyed up during the winter. Sorry to be such a whinger everyone:o I promise to cheer-up soon!:D

Can't remember how long shykins was away for - think she's been away a week now? I could do with some of that Egyptian sunshine!

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Much love to all,
    Sazzy xxxxxxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • shykins
    shykins Posts: 2,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    helloooooo fellow atkineers (how i can say that after what i am eating and drinking!!)

am sat in el gounas new library which thankfully offers very cheap net access (see am MSE even here lol)... is a beautiful place am sat here in my shorts enjoyin the sun, its much warmer than we expected it to be for this time of year

i wont tell u what i have been eating and drinking but suffice to say i shall be on strict induction when i get back.. have been swimming a lot to offset some damage

havent read all the posts but hope u are all doing well and losing still... will be back in another week so will catch up then if i dont get online again before then

xx
    When you know better you do better

Atkins since 2004 - 8 stone loss maintaining
  • Sazbo
    Options
    Great to hear from you shykins! :j Top sazzy tip: just relax and enjoy yourself!:D

Sxxxx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • pink68
    pink68 Posts: 333 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I have another question...

can someone just clarify for me whether a Mars bar is allowed during the induction stage? no?

oh p*** b**....have to go back to day one now!:confused:

:j
    Credit Card debt £10247.17 1/1/2020
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    Pink, don't panic - Mars bars are absolutely fine. (See p. 79 of the IPD or p. 276 of Atkins - same page as where it says a bottle of wine is totally acceptable on a Friday night when on a LC diet. :D)
  • Sazbo
    Options
    HC wrote: »
    same page as where it says a bottle of wine is totally acceptable on a Friday night when on a LC diet. :D)

- ditto vodka and soda! :rotfl: :o:D

sx
    4 May 2010 <3
  • ravylesley
    ravylesley Posts: 1,105 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HC wrote: »
    Pink, don't panic - Mars bars are absolutely fine. (See p. 79 of the IPD or p. 276 of Atkins - same page as where it says a bottle of wine is totally acceptable on a Friday night when on a LC diet. :D)

I defy anyone not to have wet themselves laughing at that comment:rotfl:

well I'm doing my weigh in today because its Saturday and I cant be held responsible for my actions tonight.I feel a pig out coming on and I might just give in this time:o Well anyway I'm 3lbs down on the week.Only 24lbs to go till I hit target.If I say it quick enough it doesnt sound so much:rotfl:

By the way I do have to confess to having the odd voddie and coke myself and I've never put weight on :rotfl: so I wouldnt worry too much.But the Mars Bar might be touch and go though:rotfl:

Lesleyxx
  • tinkerbell84
    Options
    I still don't get it :confused:

Don't you feel better when you stick to the diet?
  • HC_2
    HC_2 Posts: 2,239 Forumite
    Options
    It's all about self-discipline.

And if we had that in bucket-loads, none of us would ever need to diet in the first place!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport