Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• Sorting_Hat
    Sorting_Hat Posts: 123 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lisa_mj said:
    Update to my post dated 10 Jan, after begging and pleading (and 6 weeks since placing my order), Flogas topped me up yesterday Saturday 13th. Gauge reading before was 14% and after was 85%. At full it's 1900 litres, it took 1760 litres which suggests only 140 litres were remaining, which by my maths is less than 14%, I appreciate the gauge is only ever an estimate. At least I can relax and sleep better and start using gas normally now without fear of running out if snow arrives. 

Happy Sunday everyone 
    The guage is reading the liquid, so you have liquid+gas.

• Lumphammer2
    Lumphammer2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Worcestershire.  With Flogas at 42p, existing contract up early Feb.  Flogas offered 65p fixed 2 years or variable 75p.  My tank is 70% full.

LPG Save (Flogas) 50p fixed for 12 months then capped at no more than 12p more.
    Or 55p fixed for 24 months.

I will contact Flogas to see if it is their best offer, but I doubt I will get a better offer.

LPG Save say they don't think that the prices will come down, but am considering holding off for a while.

Thoughts?
  • steve_h_mse
    Options
    I just got my renewal quote through from Calor and I'm looking to shop around having recently moved into a house with LPG.  I have some time as I have plenty gas at the moment but the one supplier I've contacted so far (Avanti) has said they won't take my tank as it's a BS 1919 tank and doesn't meet current regulations.  The house is only 8 years old so this seems odd that a tank has been installed that is so far out of date.  As far as I can tell BS1919 is an ancient standard and the tank does indeed say BS1919 on it.

Anyone else had similar and is there anything I can do to get away from Calor?
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I just got my renewal quote through from Calor and I'm looking to shop around having recently moved into a house with LPG.  I have some time as I have plenty gas at the moment but the one supplier I've contacted so far (Avanti) has said they won't take my tank as it's a BS 1919 tank and doesn't meet current regulations.  The house is only 8 years old so this seems odd that a tank has been installed that is so far out of date.  As far as I can tell BS1919 is an ancient standard and the tank does indeed say BS1919 on it.

Anyone else had similar and is there anything I can do to get away from Calor?
    Contact calor. Ask for technical support. Ask them to make the tank compliant, which they have a legal duty to do. If you are polite they will probably be helpful. .
    While you are at it, did you get a quote from avanti? If you did and it was reasonable, Ask Calor to match it. 

If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • DorsetTyke
    Options
    Hi All,

What are others paying for standing charge. On a metered estate for 12 properties, no surprise Flogas put up price in year 2 by full 5p to 57ppl but also put up standing charge from 13.6p per day to 20.55p per day a 51% increase.
  • Lisa_mj
    Lisa_mj Posts: 62 Forumite
    Options
    Worcestershire.  With Flogas at 42p, existing contract up early Feb.  Flogas offered 65p fixed 2 years or variable 75p.  My tank is 70% full.

I will contact Flogas to see if it is their best offer, but I doubt I will get a better offer.

LPG Save say they don't think that the prices will come down, but am considering holding off for a while.

Thoughts?
    Thanks for sharing this info.  I renewed with LPG Save in December 2022 at 53 ppl in Year 1 and 58 ppl in Year 2 (despite my best efforts and, much to my disappointment, I could not secure a 2 year fix, only a 1st year fix and a 5ppl cap on the 2nd year increase).  At the time my tank was at 60% and LPG Save were expecting prices to increase further.  In retrospect I wish I'd waited, as posts on this forum did suggest that prices fell somewhat after I'd resigned for another 2 years but you can never really tell because location and annual usage seem to play a part in the rate you are quoted so it's difficult to compare your own quote to others.  Sadly without a crystal ball it's always going to be a quandary.  I remain a very reluctant player in the game that is LPG energy 
  • Lisa_mj
    Lisa_mj Posts: 62 Forumite
    edited 23 January at 10:19PM
    Options
    Hi All,

What are others paying for standing charge. On a metered estate for 12 properties, no surprise Flogas put up price in year 2 by full 5p to 57ppl but also put up standing charge from 13.6p per day to 20.55p per day a 51% increase.
    I'm paying 21.9p per day ex VAT (Flogas) unchanged since Dec 2021, prior to that it was 16.44p per day.  13.6p was very cheap
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 300 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All,

16.44p/day, Flogas.
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • philtrick123
    philtrick123 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 24 January at 1:08PM
    Options
    OK- My contract ran out with Flogas in October, and for one reason or another I didn't renew with anyone. I'm down to 25% in my tank.
    Called Flogas for an updated quote- it took ages to get thru and the agent who answered sounded a bit irritated that a customer had called :-1: She offered me 55ppl for 12months then variable, then 59ppl for 24 months. Sounds very high. I requested email confirmation of the quote and nothing has arrived. 1 of 10 for customer service. I've also emailed LPGSave to see if they can refresh their quote from last year which was---

Option 1: 48 pence per litre, Fixed for 12 months, with a 9 pence per litre 'Price Cap' above the Year 1 Price, in Year 2  (+vat @ 5%), or  Option 2: 52 pence per litre, Fixed for 24 months (+vat @ 5%)

What price should I be aiming for?

• Lumphammer2
    Lumphammer2 Posts: 54 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lisa_mj said:

Thoughts?
    Thanks for sharing this info.  I renewed with LPG Save in December 2022 at 53 ppl in Year 1 and 58 ppl in Year 2 (despite my best efforts and, much to my disappointment, I could not secure a 2 year fix, only a 1st year fix and a 5ppl cap on the 2nd year increase).  At the time my tank was at 60% and LPG Save were expecting prices to increase further.  In retrospect I wish I'd waited, as posts on this forum did suggest that prices fell somewhat after I'd resigned for another 2 years but you can never really tell because location and annual usage seem to play a part in the rate you are quoted so it's difficult to compare your own quote to others.  Sadly without a crystal ball it's always going to be a quandary.  I remain a very reluctant player in the game that is LPG energy 
    Thanks for the feedback, Lisa.  I did phone Flogas back and without me even asking they offered 49p for 12 months with 12p cap on second year.  I think I will go with this as LPGSave don't predict price decreases it I want to get on with my life!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback