Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• Lumphammer2
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.  One downside of the telemetry system is that they know how much gas you have and you can't con them.  No credit was mentioned and it wasn't something that I was aware of.  Is that 3 months to pay?  And, with regard to price, I do have a name from the earlier call and I can't see how they can charge me a price that is not in a contract or (ha-ha) listed anywhere on their site!
  • JerryW
    JerryW Posts: 296 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback.  One downside of the telemetry system is that they know how much gas you have and you can't con them.  No credit was mentioned and it wasn't something that I was aware of.  Is that 3 months to pay?  And, with regard to price, I do have a name from the earlier call and I can't see how they can charge me a price that is not in a contract or (ha-ha) listed anywhere on their site!
    Re telemetry, that is only one downside. Another one is that it transfers the responsibility for getting a fill from you to them, ie they will fill when convenient/profitable to them, and not when you want it, eg before a price hike. I won't have anything to do with them.

Re the credit, I suspect mcmullank is right and that offer expired around the end of October.

If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • jamesg123
    Options
    Please can someone tell me where I can find LPG wholesale price graph? 
    New contract reads "Where a fixed price or capped price period has been agreed, we reserve the right to apply a temporary surcharge if wholesale price increases by more than 20% above that of agreement date" 
    I need a starting point to discuss with supplier. Thankyou
  • Sorting_Hat
    Options
    No easy answer to that as firstly not only is it not in the public domain, but secondly what price is your supplier paying?  If they are smaller they probably pay more than a large firm at the refinary.
  • JerryW
    Options
    jamesg123 said:
    Please can someone tell me where I can find LPG wholesale price graph? 
    New contract reads "Where a fixed price or capped price period has been agreed, we reserve the right to apply a temporary surcharge if wholesale price increases by more than 20% above that of agreement date" 
    I need a starting point to discuss with supplier. Thankyou

Sorry not to have replied ... that is because as sortinghat says, there is no easy answer. The reference usually is the Argus North Sea lpg index, which you have to pay megabucks to view. Two things you can do:

- ask your supplier which index they use and ask them to send you a screenshot or similar. No harm in asking ..
    - have a poll through the pages here, within the last year or so there has been a lot more discussion on this subject including some useful links

Better still, agree a 2-year fix and solve the problem that way. All the major suppliers will offer one
    If what I said helped you, please "Thank" the relevant post. It cheers me up somewhat..
  • Lumphammer2
    Options
    An update.  I eventually had the delivery and was charged at the contract rate of 38p although out of contract.  LPG Save offered 42p fixed for 2 years which I will probably take up.

Assuming the 38p was a good price 2 years ago and assuming I will still be paying 42p in 2 years time, that is only about a 10% rise over 4 years.  When compared with electricity and piped gas, that is surely a bargain!
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes, mine's gone from 30p two years ago to 38p today.  So that's a 26% rise, but still works out cheaper per kWh than the price that mains gas is going to!
  • JerryW
    Options
    Enjoy it while you can, folks. If you need to agree a contract, do it now. LPG might be a backwater in the world energy market but it will surely catch up, given time...
  • philtrick123
    Options
    ....LPG Save offered 42p fixed for 2 years...
    I had the same offer late last year, but I contacted Flogas directly and they offered 41ppl.
  • collectors
    collectors Posts: 231 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, has anyone been charged more as yet for LPG. I am on a supposed fixed price for the next 18 months, But i am sure Flogas & many others will find a way around it. I am down to 40% on my tank & wasn't sure if to get a top up now. n 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback