Bulk LPG - Cheapest suppliers / supply route?

Options

Comments

• cairndog
    Options
    meagan wrote: »
    i HAVE PULLED OF A COPY ABOUT THE WYCHAVON COUNCILS ACTION AND INTEND TO APPROACH MY PARISH COUNCIL TO SEE IF THE SAME ACTION CAN BE TAKEN HERE,I LIVE IN LINCOLNSHIRE AND MY DISTRICT COUNCIL IS NORTH KESTEVEN,SO IF ANY MEMBERS LIVING IN LINCOLNSHIRE WISH TO THE TAKE THE SAME ACTION WE MAY JUST GET SOMEWERE
    Thanks for this idea meagan I've sent it to my Parish council in Kent and await any sort of response. Forgive me if I don't hold my breath but nothing ventured........!
  • GrandadRob
    Options
    On the news today I heard the Energy Secretary, at the LibDem conference spouting a lot of hot air about getting tough with the energy suppliers to drive prices down. Unfortunately none of this hot air was generated by LPG.................NOT A SINGLE MENTION.

Why am I not surprised ?:mad::mad::mad:
  • Rhino666
    Options
    HateLPG wrote: »
    Rhino,

Are you a domestic user or a commercial user, and what price are you paying on your "commercial" contract?

You would have to check with someone qualified to advise on the legal ins and outs, but if you signed up *believing* you were signing a standard dometic contract and it wasn't made clear to you that you were signing a *commercial* supply contract, you may well have a strong case to fight and enforce teh two-year rule.

Hi HateLPG

The requirement to make savings on LPG through Mole Valley / Framtrade bulk purchase is to enter into a commercial contract with Calor. This has an associated higher tank rental charge, about £40 extra per year fo r my 2200 litre tank and the Mole Valley Plus membership £8 - 10 per year depending on duration. I am allergic to any binding contracts, so realising that I had to sign up for three years when I had just accepted the idea of signing up for two was a bit of a shock. Mole Valley had no idea of the three year contract requirement with Calor and after my revelation have had to contact various of their customers. Nice people to deal with but not best informed.

Calor topped up my tank today 1272 litres. Had a good chat with the driver and learnt a few things. The tank can only be filled to about 85% fluid because of vapour pressure. I did a calculation that proved my guage is absolutely spot on showing 27% before the fillup :-)

Had Mark Group round today as well to do my cavity wall insulation. Was very worried but in the end they were efficient and professional. The job was well done with minimal mess, no damage and a tidy finish, although I noticed one hole they didn't cap :-) Hopefully save a bit on fuel this winter.
    PLEASE DO NOT STEAL
    The Government will not tolerate competition

Always judge a man by the way he treats someone who is of no use to him
  • frankie
    Options
    GrandadRob wrote: »
    On the news today I heard the Energy Secretary, at the LibDem conference spouting a lot of hot air about getting tough with the energy suppliers to drive prices down. Unfortunately none of this hot air was generated by LPG.................NOT A SINGLE MENTION.

Absolutely agree. Whatever happened to VOISIN'S manifesto post? Seems even MSE has let that one drop? (Unless I've missed something). I'm just betting the off-grid enquiry is just a waste of time to us too.icon8.gif
  • LittleVermin
    LittleVermin Posts: 737 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 22 September 2011 at 8:38AM
    Options
    frankie wrote: »
    Absolutely agree. Whatever happened to VOISIN'S manifesto post? Seems even MSE has let that one drop? (Unless I've missed something). I'm just betting the off-grid enquiry is just a waste of time to us too.icon8.gif

Sadly, the timescale for the publication of the MSE 'moneyfesto' has changed. So voisin's post - which has 87 'thanks', and I think is the best supported moneyfesto idea - has still not been acted on because MSE has been busy with its efforts to get financial education into the school curriculum, and also with the PPI scandal. This post from MSE Wendy explains*: she gave the new publication time as after the MPs' summer hols (i.e. about now).

Of course for us LPG users it's a great shame as we could have used a little MSE backing for our submissions to the Office of Fair Trading's off-grid energy study. We should get the report from the latter next month.

..*you may detect from MSE Wendy's previous post that HateLPG enquired about the delay!

Anyone reading this who has not added their thanks to voisin's post can still do so:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=39205254&postcount=477

• HateLPG
    HateLPG Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oooooh - someone gets it. Well almost! ;-)

A nice little "editorial" opinion piece from the Cumbrian "News and Star". While it's not exactly going to set the world alight, it does at least acknowledge the existence of LPG and heating oil:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/opinion/mark-green/does-huhne-have-power-and-energy-to-make-a-real-difference-1.880446?referrerPath=opinion/
  • LittleVermin
    Options
    GrandadRob wrote: »

Rob,

I hope you enjoy this Steve Bell cartoon at least!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/cartoon/2011/sep/20/lib-dem-conference-chris-huhne-cartoon

cheers,
    LV
  • frankie
    frankie Posts: 846 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    HateLPG wrote: »
    Oooooh - someone gets it. Well almost! ;-)

A nice little "editorial" opinion piece from the Cumbrian "News and Star". While it's not exactly going to set the world alight, it does at least acknowledge the existence of LPG and heating oil:

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/opinion/mark-green/does-huhne-have-power-and-energy-to-make-a-real-difference-1.880446?referrerPath=opinion/

Mark Green deserves a medal for his article!!icon11.gif
  • HateLPG
    HateLPG Posts: 464 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've just seen this - hopefully it's just another "Barbeque Summer" story, but it would be worth bearing in mind if you're approaching a top-up any time soon.

http://news.uk.msn.com/uk/forecasters-warn-of-snow-in-october

And as wholesale prices continue to rise, and if you can, it would probably be as well to order your next top-up before you get hit with another price increase anyway.

Keep warm, all :D
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 27 September 2011 at 5:50PM
    Options
    I am in shock reading this thread!! We are on Bulk LPG with Flogas as our supplier, since we moved in to our house in 2008. I was just about to order some more gas but thought I'd do a bit of shopping around. Google took me to this thread, and I nearly fainted. I've had to triple check the dates of the most recent posts, re-read the headings several times, and I'm still not sure I'd reading this correctly...

.....because Flogas have just told me my current per litre price is 73p. :eek:

What am I missing here? There was no mention of surcharges or vat, but even going back a couple of pages in this thread, still in September 2011, people are being quoted prices in low 40's.

I have to go and lie down.

And change suppliers, quickly.....

Edited to say - I live 10 miles from Edinburgh so not exactly the sticks.
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family