PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• zekepes
    zekepes Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    I am declaring a total of £399.92 (target £400!) now as I started on 28 June and it is now 28 July.

This was for food and non alcoholic drinks only. It was my first month and I am really hoping that next month is better (particulary as I still have stuff left over!). I made some good changes - shopping around, doing monthly shops for some items etc but the main thing is that I have started, I am accountable and I am thinking about it now!
  • catnap53
    catnap53 Posts: 232 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Don't need anything else this month ending on Wednesday, so declaring at 223.20 which is a great achievement (for me) for a five week month.

I have lots left from the bulk buys and can still cut down I think on non-essentials, I did not need to try caramelised red onions for example.

Target for August (4 weeks)... thinks.....225, no, I am sure I can do 200 if I can keep strong, resist temptation and persuasion, use leftovers and imagination etc.

See you all on the August pages

Zzzzz
  • get_me_debt_free
    Options
    Hi all I am up to £181 out of a £200 budget,
    Put me down for £100 next month
    BR on 21st December 2009.. life begins!
  • Sunny_Donny
    Sunny_Donny Posts: 300 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Angelnikki I'm declaring at £193.34 - under !!!!!

August £225 as I have 2 family bbq's to organise
    Mortgage free as at 1/9/13 :j
    To start work on the credit cards now!!
  • Moniker
    Moniker Posts: 626 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi, I am declaring at £291.74 under by £8.26! This will be going to my PMS fund which goes into my ISA at the end of the month.The total in the PMS fund is £44.74, so I shall round this up to £45. The £15 saved on the next Waitrose delivery will start off the August PMS fund. Very pleased to have come in under target this month, but think a lot of it is down to the fact that I am not at work and able to focus on 'good housekeeping' - shame I can't do this every month!

Well done all of you who have come in under target and don't give up yet the rest of you!

Moniker
  • roxy7699
    roxy7699 Posts: 1,067 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I will declare £109 for July and will be going for £125 for August.
  • cammumof3
    cammumof3 Posts: 121 Forumite
    Options
    HI all
    Can I declare 185.19 out of 200 for July please. And will be going for 50.00 per week in August again, but will keep it under the 50 pound mark next month.
    July 185.19/200/Aug=170.25//200//sept=81.24/200. 2adults,3 kids + 2 dogs.
    my home page=3.45.Sealed challenge pot=NO-276.
    BOGOF's=16.94/whoopsi=13.12/vouchers=7.70/Wilko's saving stamp 24 pounds/2 pound pot ?count 1/12/08
    Daily Clicks=27.96
  • beemuzed
    beemuzed Posts: 2,188 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Oh dear - coming in over budget at £240 I'm afraid!
    Resolution:
    Think twice before spending anything!
  • nessquic80
    nessquic80 Posts: 328 Forumite
    Options
    oh well im over this month by £23, and im not gonna join in next month as i think my DH takes all this money saving for granted, i save it he spends it so lessons are gonna be learned.No more cake/biscuit making, no more pack ups, ywesterday he called ma scrouge cus im always counting the pennies, I BLOODY WELL HAVE TO CUS YOU SPEND IT WILLY NILLY!!!Lets see how much money is left at the end of the month with no careful planning!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

WHY DO I BOTHER???
    always on the lookout for a bargin always better when its free!!:T

• Boomdocker
    Boomdocker Posts: 1,201 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boomdocker
    Thanks for your message.
    I'm just curious about more details of your disney cruise..
    Also are you doing other MSE challenges to support it? I'm also taking part in the sealed pot challenge.
    Take care
    SFT

Hiya, well I lurk on here and Weezls' 50p thread so I can utilise some of the fantastic recipes and tips to reduce my grocery bill although I do not formally take part in the challenges they are my favourite threads. I save my £2 coins and loose change. Bits and bobs of ebay, amazon have a boot sale planned for the end of the month. Transfer any interest earned on my other banking accounts. I try and save any boots/whs points to use at Xmas to buy 3 for 2 gifts. And I have £20 of pigsback vouchers for the same use. Its been a slow burn and that is nearly 2 years of saving but we booked our cruise this year when the dollar was nearly 2 to the pound and we go this January, in 161 days actually. Good luck.
    Boots Card - £17.53, Nectar Points - £15.06 - *Saving for Chrimbo*
    2015 Savings Fund - £2575.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family