PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Comments

• cookiedough38
    cookiedough38 Posts: 830 Forumite
    10.77 spent today on bits and pieces for the weekend, alot cheaper than going to the burger van
    Debt free wannabe
    Littlewoods - £214.82 (DD set up so 0%)
    Very - £100 (0% on BNPL - 1/4/13)
    CC - £2600/£3533.53 (0% until 1/6/14)
  • michelle06
    michelle06 Posts: 6 Forumite
    hi every one , could someone please tell me what mrs m and mr t is im presuming its morrisons and tesco is there any thing else i should know? D OH DD?
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246
    PPI Party Pooper
    Forumite
    michelle06 wrote: »
    hi every one , could someone please tell me what mrs m and mr t is im presuming its morrisons and tesco is there any thing else i should know? D OH DD?

You are right on Tesco(Mr T), Morrisons(Mr M), Sainsburys(Mr S), Asda(Mr A).
    OH is other half, DD/DS darling/dearest/devilish(depends how they are behaving lol) daughter/son
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • zoe260373
    zoe260373 Posts: 868 Forumite
    What a lovely, heartwarming post and really made my morning. I am [strike]sitting[/strike] laying in bed with my laptop and the leftovers of a stinking headache from this morning (probably from being on laptop :rolleyes: ) and then I read your post and you are 100% right.
    I panic buy and grab stuff I know I will use EVENTUALLY if it's on offer and really, why? I now have a new motto - share the love - even if it is to selfish people who take pork they don't eat just because it's cheap - hopefully she will pass it on to a friend or neighbour (you never know!)

I absolutely love this thread. I used to wonder how people got hooked on chat rooms and the like, but now I know - although I don't think there are many like ours - I think friendly, thoughtful people seem to be in hiding in the real world, scared to come out and show themselves coz we all expect to be slammed down as soon as we do - talking of which - DINK - I'm sure you look wonderful in your other dress as well as in your red dress!

Ooh, now I'm rambling, sorry, but had to share my warm, fuzzy feeling - Thanks to all you guy's for ALWAYS cheering me up and making me feel like part of the team!

PS: Herbaholic, don't forget that recipe, sounds scrummy! :D

PPS: I know it's me Catnap, but the link to the Artisan bread in five minutes thread takes me to the book website and Zoe's website, but I can't find the recipe on either - any tips on where to find it? Thanks in advance...
    have sent recipe to your PM but should have just sent this link,doh!!!:o
    http://www.showcaseminnesota.com/rec....aspx?rid=4696
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Forumite
    NSD for me today. Still haven't got anything out of the freezer for tea. Will go and have a rummage in a mo. I expect it's going to be fish something with pasta or rice.
    DS had his teddy bears picnic at the school this morning and hated it. He sat on my lap the whole time and didn't want me to leave the room when we went out for 1/2 hour. He wouldn't even go off and play with his little friend. I'm sure it was because of the noise level there. Lots of people and you couldn't hear very well at all. It gets very bewildering when it's like that.

Made the cupcakes and twinks yesterday so will need to ice them tomorrow or Friday. Probably Friday evening then they can just go up to the school ready. That's what I bought the decorations for.
    DD's school are going on a trip this term paid for by the friends of the school. We only have to provide the transport to get them there which is very good.
    The school are planning to extend to make them a full primary so will need hundreds of thousands raised for that but I'm happy to help in any small way I can.
    Right off to do the school run now, TTFN.
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • Sosh
    Sosh Posts: 175 Forumite
    Hiya,

Mrs M, So sorry to hear your news. My thoughts are with you.

Went to Asda this morning and spent £32.50 which was slightly more than planned. There were a few whoopsies I couldn't resist. I found 2 Jacket spuds with cheese & chive filling for 50p. I don't normally buy these, but Dh & I have separate end of term parties to go to. These will do for the person stuck at home.

I also found a packet of pampers in ds' size which were reduced to £2 as the packaging was ripped and some icing pens reduced to 50p for the same reason. I was planning to buy these next month for dd's birthday cake, so snapped them up.

They have their 500g packs of strawberries rolled back to £1. interestinly, they still have their smaller packs on 2 for £3. Do they think we're stupid?

DD and I then spent an enjoyable morning making co!!!! twinks (got 50 out of the mix) and fruit muffins.

Hope everyone's having a good day.

Off to catch up with the posts now.
    Thanks to all the lovely people on here I have managed to cut my hours down to 2 days a week, allowing me to spend more time with my gorgeous Children. :j
  • Anitaj73 wrote: »
    Productive day here for a change as fell a bit behind over weekend. Had bad results from my sons hearing test at the hospital on friday so have been feeling a bit low. He's already got grommmetts in both ears but now they think he has a perforated ear drum so he's gotta go for another op so they can clear he's ears out and check, poor thing he's only 5. Not been able to talk about since friday so thanx for listening.

Anita: Sounds like you have had a miserable worrying time- however if its any consolation to you one of nephews had similar problems to your son (had his first grommetts under the age of one, and as many sets after as he was allowed, and also the ear drum perforation and affected hearing) and has no problems at all now-- it took a lot of time and trauma but its all clear now-- fingers crossed that this will be the same for your son (((((hugs))))

Still gloomy here and pouring down so comfort food may be required and I may even rebel against the Meal Planner *sharp intact of breath*!:o

Hope everyone is having a great day and looks like this :D (only not green of course)

Oooh- NSD for me today! Too rainy to go to Lidl's for flour!

Axx
    June Budget= £151.41/£150:cool:
    10 NSDs (with teenagers :eek:!!)= 8
    Reduced my overdraft a little today- slow but sure!:A
  • zoe260373
    zoe260373 Posts: 868 Forumite
    just thought i would point out that the recipe for artisan bread is herehttp://www.showcaseminnesota.com/rec....aspx?rid=4696 found it earlier,it also includes a printer friendly version for all you ultra organised mse'rs:) hth,
    will update sig tomorrow as got a mr t delivery,just bits and bobs as have batch cooked and filled both freezers,am hopeful for the rest of this month,x
    family is me,oh,16yDS,10DD,9DS&17month old DS,2dogs,3cats,4bunnies,5 ex battery hens&5fish.GC challenge-/£300:pspends already this month-animal food-£28,mr T shop-£119.plus local shop spends total spent £257,:j
  • Herbaholic
    Herbaholic Posts: 304
    Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    OMG yum, yum yum!!! The strawberry muffins are yummy, made more yummy by the fact that I picked the strawberries from the garden (we've only had a small crop from a couple of plants so putting them to a yummy scummy use is brilliant) I put 200g of strawbs in though and have enough to make another batch! I couldn't resist putting my own spin on craftingqueen's recipe though, I used rose geranium scented caster sugar and added a few drops of vanilla essence. These will definately go on the 'must make again' list! DH requested something to take in to work tomorrow for the lads as its his turn, not sure I want them to have any of these though lol! I'll make some choc chip muffins for him to take later, I know its good to share but I had to go out in the garden in the rain and pick the strawberries :D Waiting for them to cool, so I can test one, wondering if I should freeze some of them, never froze homemade muffins before, do they come out okay when you defrost them?

Have just treated myself to the new Def Leppard cd using my ipoints to reward myself for being so frugal this past few weeks, did some surveys and point clicking to whilst I had a well deserved coffee break, which I needed after all the sorting, cleaning and baking done today. As well as the strawberry muffins, I made coconut cake, put bread in the BM ready for tomorrows sarnies and made a couple of rhubarb crumbles for freezing with another batch of rhubarb from out of the garden. Had to stop because I've now run out of flour :eek: so small trip to get some later, will send DH with list then we won't over spend.

I also just learnt that I have almost £35 on my Boots advantage card ready for Xmas shop, I thought I only had £5, haven't shopped at Boots since the January sales yaay! So all in all today has been a good day, mind you still chance for something to go pear shaped so I won't count me chickens yet lol!

Herby
    NSD Challenge 2010:Jul 12/12 ;); Jun 21/14 :T; May : 6/6 :D
    GC 2010: Jul £134.03/£150.00 :cool:; Jun £278.86/£275.00 :mad:; May £276.13/£280.00 :T
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Hi all...my little trip to Sainsbury's yesterday left me a little stunned. I had gone in there to get lemons (I drink a honey lemon concoction in the morning to ward off colds), juice, and whoopsied bread. I thought it would cost about £2-£2.50.

There was no whoopsied bread - just some white rolls that I didn't want. I bought the cheapest real juice (not from concentrate) they had, and I bought the value lemons.

It still cost £3.22! Is it just me or does anyone think that's a little high for 6 lemons and a litre of orange juice?

I bought tons of stuff this month that I don't normally buy (baking stuff) and I've been baking to my heart's content. But it's left me precious little in the budget for regular things. Will have to be very inventive for the rest of the month to avoid going massively over budget.
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure