Grolier hassle

Options
Hi,

I applied for "free" offer from Grolier on here and they sent me the stuff (a kids plastic dish, spoon and some books) and I looked through the stuff and found that it was not free at all... I sent them back but they are now sending me demands for payment.

Its seems that if I pay I have to sign up to their club at so much a month ... I dont want to do this but there doesnt seem to be a way to phone them. There is an address but I get the impression I will just get more and more letters demanding payment. Any ideas?

I am going to give trading standards a ring to find out what advice they can give me too.

Thanks in advance,

Jen

Comments

• Butlers1982
    Butlers1982 Posts: 3,286 Forumite
    Options
    is this not their contact details, taken off their website:

By Telephone:
    0870 2404385
    Monday - Thursday 08:00-18:00
    Friday 08:00-17:00

By email:

[EMAIL="customerservice@grolier.co.uk"]customerservice@grolier.co.uk[/EMAIL]

By Post

Customer Services Team
    Grolier Limited
    PO Box 49
    Norwich
    Nr5 9PPGrolier Ltd

Also you may want to read:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?p=7761815&highlight=grolier#post7761815

and this! !

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=626269&highlight=grolier

Think its pretty obvious they are a shocking company! !

Good Luck!!
  • Mrs_B_12
    Mrs_B_12 Posts: 364 Forumite
    Options
    They are a right pain when it comes to cancelling or not wanting stuff. When I had problems with them I sent a letter on luminous paper and explained that as they were unable to pay attention to anything I said on the phone or reply to letters they might find that one grabbed their attention a bit easier.
  • top_drawer_2
    top_drawer_2 Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    Options
    thanks!

I was looking at the bumph they sent me with the package. I will give them a ring on Monday and follow it up with a letter.

Thanks again,

Jen
  • top_drawer_2
    Options
    hi,

Im back...

I rang Trading Standards and although completely useless they did tell me to send a letter to them which I have copied and pasted below. I hoped that this was the end of the matter but I have received another demand letter and now I don't know what to do ...

This is the letter I sent

Dear Sir/Madam.
    I am writing to you regarding the demands for payment that you continue to send me. The series account number quoted on the paperwork is 182468181.
    I ordered some “free” items via your website which on receiving I realised they were in fact not free at all, therefore following the instructions provided in the paperwork, I promptly sent all the items back to the address provided.
    I have no wish to join the “club” that you run nor receive or purchase any further items from your company. Therefore, on the advice of Trading Standards I request that you justify on what basis have you to believe that I owe you payment.

Yours

My Name

Any suggestions of anything else I can do?

Thanks
    Jen
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Did you send it recorded delivery?
  • top_drawer_2
    Options
    no
    I couldnt afford the £4.50 it would cost.

Jen
  • top_drawer_2
    Options
    also its to a PO addy - can it even be done?

Jen
  • top_drawer_2
    Options
    sorry!

just checked the website ... it wont be expensive at all ... will do another letter and send it recorded/signed for

jen
  • hollydays
    Options
    Its not £4.50,its a lot less,but re po box,not sure,try asking the post office.If you cant prove they received it-they will continue to denie receiving it most prob-the letter i mean.
  • hollydays
    Options
    our posts crossed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts