Credit Card Reclaiming Discussion

Options

Comments

• pinknico
    pinknico Posts: 3,261 Forumite
    Options
    jessie15 wrote: »
    So do I write a letter to them pointing this out? or take the money and run?

Its up to you, if they haven't said its their final offer anther letter wouldn't hurt.
    DS1 12/10/04
    DS2 13/07/06
    DD1 06/12/07
  • dragon2121
    Options
    Hi,

I'm trying to claim charges back from barclaycard and have reached the point where they have offered the difference between £12 and the charges etc and wrote back accepting without prejudice the amount they had automatically put into my account and said would be proceeding to FOS and they wrote back saying they would investigate my complaint and respond by 21st Nov (3 weeks) and now they wrote saying they are still investigating and would responsby 19th Dec......can I just now proceed to the FOS as they are just delaying and delaying or do I have to wait for their 'final' response.

Thanks
    HSBC loan - [STRIKE]£12500[/STRIKE]£11200 HSBC CC - [STRIKE]£2500[/STRIKE] £2300
    Egg CC - [STRIKE]£2700[/STRIKE]£3100 Capital 1 CC - [STRIKE]£1000[/STRIKE] £800
    Vanquis CC - [STRIKE]£250[/STRIKE] £0 Citi Loan - £11000
    Barclays Loan - [STRIKE]£7000[/STRIKE] £5000
    Proud to be dealing with my debts
  • dazzaofdagenham
    Options
    I think yo need to wait for there deadlock letter.

I have already got all my charges back to the value of £340 quids.
    Took a while and a few letters...but got there in the end

Darren
  • sacbaby37
    Options
    Hi i have reclaimed my bank charges successfully and now i am trying to reclaim my credit card charges. I have just recieved my statements from barclays and noticed in 2006 they were charging me £12 for overlimit or late payments, can i still claim these and also for taking out cash i have been charged and for a protection plan can i claim these also? I would be grateful for any help as never had interest charges on taking out cash before.:confused: Thanks. Sez.
  • x.sophie.x
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Was hoping for a little help... I'm trying to get my boyfriend to sort out his credit card charges. So far I have managed to get him to write to Lloyds, Mint and Natwest for the list of charges leived over the past 6 years- using the template on this site.

Natwest and Mint (i.e RBS) have got back today with the list of charges- which is just a table stating the month/year and type of charge applied. They also returned the £10 cheques included within the statement request letter- saying they make no charge for the list of charges (how ironic!!)

In order to work out the interest owed using Martin's calculator I need to have the FULL date!!! Is this a stalling tactic? What should I do- should I request full statements? or should I date the charge applied to the account as being to the 1st of that month?.... (can't see them going for that though)

Also does anybody know how reliable these lists of charges are- I'm slightly skeptical that they may 'accidently' leave some of the charges off???

Thanks for your help :A
  • x.sophie.x
    Options
    sacbaby37 wrote: »
    Hi i have reclaimed my bank charges successfully and now i am trying to reclaim my credit card charges. I have just recieved my statements from barclays and noticed in 2006 they were charging me £12 for overlimit or late payments, can i still claim these and also for taking out cash i have been charged and for a protection plan can i claim these also? I would be grateful for any help as never had interest charges on taking out cash before.:confused: Thanks. Sez.

I dont know much about PPI and interest on cash, but I managed to reclaim all MY charges from Barclaycard just this summer.... this included £12 charges for late payment and overlimit fees. I also managed to claim interest as well- I think I asked for £180 in interest alone and got £150 back.

It all took about 1 month.

HTH
  • sacbaby37
    Options
    Hi Sophie, i will b claiming then, but still unsure about the charges for cash, it adds up to over £400 thats without the cash charges, i think i sould go for it tho. Thanks again. Sez.
  • sacbaby37
    Options
    Does anyone else know or have claimed for cash withdrawal charges and ppi charges and been successful? Sez
  • puffykat2000
    Options
    Success with Capital One. Got a letter on 22 Nov saying that to avoid an investigation they will refund all charges & interest. (This is via FOS). I sent back a letter confirming I will accept offer and FOS has now written back to say that Capital One are claiming it will take 6 weeks to refund directly back onto my card.

What are other people's experiences of Capital One refunding - has it taken a long while once agreed or are they normally ok about getting it over quickly. Seems a little unfair as I've already waited since August and they are quick enough to take it off us!!!
  • Debt_Fighter
    Options
    Can I still go ahead and claim these charges back even though I'm in a debt management plan?
    Debt Free Determined for 2008 :j
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure