What small DFW things will you do this week? W/c 27th March

Options
When we start out on the DFW trail we do loads of "big stuff" that makes quite a difference to our situation. These include having our lightbulb moment, cutting up the credit cards and cancelling Sky and the gym.

But once we have done the bigger stuff, we often feel that we are not making the same amount of progress, when in fact the small steps are helping us form good financial habits and helping us get closer everyday to staying in control and becoming debt free, or staying debt free.

Examples could be hanging washing out instead of using the tumble dryer or leaving your purse/wallet at home to avoid the risk of spending.

So be proud of those small steps, they really are important :money:

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello:

Quick post before I'm away out the door.

Washing done overnight outside on line
    Used last of a pack of bacon that has been open a bit too long in an hardboiled egg and bacon pitta for my lunch. Pitta was ys in freezer.
    Took some bread out of freezer to soak for bread pudding later. (Left over bread not a new loaf)
    Chicken burgers out of freezer for tea
    DH going shopping armed with list
    Cheapo baked oats for breakfast
    Hot drink for commute

Think that's about all, must go and get last of stuff together. Enjoy your day.
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,451 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 27 March 2017 at 8:13PM
    Options
    Morning PF, thanks for starting the thread :)
    And hello :wave: to everyone else

Aims for today, such as they are:
    Free HG cooked fruit from freezer for breakfast instead of fresh fruit that I have to buy :)Done, and there is plenty more for the rest of the week :)
    Peg washing on line - it looks a bit cloudy outside but apparently it won't rain! It has been chilly but windy all day, no rain, and the washing dried :D Another load in for (hopefully) pegging outside tomorrow :)
    Continue to sort out containers in garden, they are all over the place! Not done, too cold :eek:
    Post an ebay item (just the one, unfortunately) Done, another item has now sold, and I also have an offer on another which I will probably accept!
    List some more things Not done :o
    Dog walks, free exercise :)Done
    Sort out spare room as DS isn't here much now Started
    Cleaning - cooker hood looks grotty (doesn't sound much but it is a whopper!) Done, looks much better now - also cleaned the top of the cooker while I was at it!
    Try to get to sales unit later Done, took in a few new items, a couple of things had sold :)
    All HM meals, probably cold meat from joint cooked yesterday and salad for dinner :)Done
    Aiming for a NSD :)Done :T

Hope everyone has a good one :)
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Morning :) posted on last week's thread as I was up before dawn (as in Sunrise rather than DawnW :) ) and my copy & paste function isn't working so couldn't start the thread.

Perps thanks for starting the thread x

jeez I had plans to perform small miracles today as madam is at the childminders and I'm not back to work until Wednesday but have woken up with some virus and really feel under the weather :( think I'll have some pain relief, put my feet up and watch something on telly and hope it passes
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good Morning All

PF - Thanks for starting us off today
    DNMS - Hope you feel better soon

Hi to all of the regulars and a BIG welcome to all the newbies, this is a really FAB thread with so many lovely, caring, considerate and supportive people.

Busyish weekend and very tired so just another little list

Packed lunch for DH & DS - Done
    Check Bank - Done
    Wait for new sofas to be delivered -
    Prepare RM stuff -
    Continue purge on emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Check: Lucky Phone, Ashleigh, Numberplatelotto, FPL -
    Read (need to pick a new book from shelf) -

Have a great day all!

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :wave:
    Another one with a bit of lurgy lingering here. Sore throat and a bit of a cough, which is no good when you spend a lot of time talking for a living and trying to make yourself heard over the roar of teenagers.
    I'm feeling ok today now that the mist has gone and the sun is out. Full teaching day, plus a meeting after work, plus ds swimming tonight so I'll be busy. But I feel more 'with it' than I have done for ages.
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

DNMS - hope you feel better soon.
    CCL - Glad you are feeling more 'with it' especially given you have a busy day :)

So today I bit the bullet and went to the GP for my low mood. I frequently get low but its been pretty persistent for 6 months now. I have been prescribed anti depressants, ones I have had before but can't remember if they helped, and feel this is a positive step forward.

Today:
    *GP - done
    *Washing - just finished so will pop in out in the sunshine
    *Kitchen clean
    *Gardening
    *Survey experiment - done
    *Work, work, work
    *All meals from home
    *Check mobile contract

Head lice have found us. DD has only had them once about 3/4 years ago so shouldn't complain but she has given them to me - that will teach me for cuddling my children! This triggered my OCD so I spent mothers day vacuuming all furniture (then anti bacterial spraying the furniture as the idea of vacuum being on mattresses and sofa etc makes me shudder), changing all bedding and combing our hair. Not nice but has to be done.

On that totally gross note I will bid all you all a lovely day!
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

Thanks for the kick off Purps :A
    And for trying to kick us off DNMS ;)

Here’s me:
    Free porridge brekkie in work – stuff ex-colleague left me when he left work :A
    Leftovers for lunch :cool:
    Bought myself a microwave rice steamer and normal packet of rice to cut down on all the micro pouches we’ve been buying recently :o
    Crocheted cousin’s baby a v cute Easter bunny teddy (even if I do say so myself :p) – need to finish tonight…
    Used stuffing for ^ from cheapo wilko’s pillows rather than expensive craft shop stuff ;)
    Updated YNAB – hopefully for last couple of bills/payments before payday on Friday… :think:
    Got cashback paid for energy comparison - £16 for our emergency piggy when that comes through :T
  • La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi angelpye - hopefully this is that start of it for you and you'll start to feel better soon. Baby steps. And just think, what a wonderful spring clean your house for this weekend :)

Cat, glad to hear you're up for your busy day today. Good on you!

DNMS - defo take it easy until your feeling better. Hope it passes xxx
  • angelpye
    angelpye Posts: 995 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks LA - the house is very clean ;)
    Happiness is wanting what you have...
    Debt Jan 2017: £2589.22 DFD: [STRIKE]Sept 2022[/STRIKE] April 2022 but this Marching Minimalist can beat that!
    Use it or Loose it gym target: Feb'17 5/6 Mar 4/6 :j
    EF £0/£4200
  • minxette
    minxette Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all, newbie here!
    I'm on track for a NSD, had breakfast with my boy before I left for work, brought a baked potato and fish from home for lunch.
    Just had a lovely walk in the sun on my lunch break and went to the bank, put in a cheque for £30 and got coin bags to empty our holiday jar tonight.
    Tonight we'll be having something from the freezer. I've managed not to use the credit card this month so hopefully can get my balance down a fair bit on payday this Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure