MSE News: Major price hikes coming for TalkTalk broadband, TV & home phone customers

Options
TalkTalk broadband, TV and home phone customers will be hit with price hikes from 1 June, but you can leave penalty free ...
Read the full story:

Major price hikes coming for TalkTalk broadband, TV and home phone customers

OfficialStamp.gif

Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Comments

• stephenliverpool1
    Options
    Thank goodness I left T/Talk over 14 months ago and moved to Plusnet. Only paying approx £12.50 pm for unlimited b/band, free evening/wend calls and line rental all included.
  • IDeamOfFairies
    IDeamOfFairies Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Stephen - no idea where you get them prices from

But according to this: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband

Unlimited Broadband and weekend calls = £15.95 line rental + £2.50 for 1st 12 months then £9.99 after

So that makes it £18.45 per month (1st year) then £25.94 per month afterwards.
    Yes, I know there is no "R" in the word dream in my username - it was setup in memory of my grandson :A
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I too am pleased I left TalkTalk just over 12 months ago now. But what a palaver! Even though my contract with them was coming to a natural end, the actual hassle of telling them I no longer wanted their services, was an absolute nightmare! I even gave them 30 days notice to say I wouldn't be renewing a contract with them, you' think I'd just cut them off from the exchange lol!
  • IDeamOfFairies
    IDeamOfFairies Posts: 2,289 Forumite
    First Post
    edited 27 April 2015 at 5:18PM
    Options
    With my Talk-Talk package - Unlimited broadband with free anytime talk-talk to talk-talk calls

£16.70 line rental + £1.57 for 1st 12 month -- then £3.75 afterwards
    So 1st 12 months = £18.57 per month then £20.20 afterwards

If you pay your bill within 24 hours of receiving it Talk-Talk also give you a 10% Speedy Payment Discount
    Making that £16.53 per month (1st 12 month) then £18.18 afterwards

There is no need to cancel and move to another provider - as they all put there prices up within a few days of each other anyway
    Yes, I know there is no "R" in the word dream in my username - it was setup in memory of my grandson :A
  • Caddyman
    Caddyman Posts: 342 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    My issue was, I just didn't want to be with TalkTalk anymore. I was never impressed with their service to be honest. As I'm a light internet user, I now just use a MiFi so free of the ridiculous monthly line rental for a telephone I never used etc. Plus, I no longer have to put up with a non UK based call centre.

I wonder how long it will be before £20 a month line rental before anything else starts, will be the norm? I know something, I won't be paying that from any fixed landline Company.
  • stephenliverpool1
    stephenliverpool1 Posts: 1,312 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    edited 27 April 2015 at 6:25PM
    Options
    Stephen - no idea where you get them prices from

But according to this: https://www.plus.net/home-broadband

Unlimited Broadband and weekend calls = £15.95 line rental + £2.50 for 1st 12 months then £9.99 after

So that makes it £18.45 per month (1st year) then £25.94 per month afterwards.

Simple I went to retentions at Plusnet to get deal and paid line rental upfront plus got £10 reward for Sky router; so equates to £12.50 per month. Previous posts detail the offer.
  • oliverbrown
    oliverbrown Posts: 522 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Simple I went to retentions at Plusnet to get deal and paid line rental upfront plus got £10 reward for Sky router; so equates to £12.50 per month. Previous posts detail the offer.

There's no point comparing a retention offer with a non-retention offer.
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    You can get internet cheap. Mine was £132 for landline upfront the £2 per month Internet with ee, so £156 for the year, or £13 a month. Plus last year got an Amazon voucher for setting up. Or go through topcashback. It doesn't pay to stay loyal with any of them anymore
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • Ian011
    Ian011 Posts: 2,432 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Major changes are coming to call pricing for 084, 087, 09 and 118 numbers on 1 July 2015.

The changes will affect every landline and mobile provider.

TalkTalk is the only major landline provider that has nothing about these changes on their website.
  • oliverbrown
    oliverbrown Posts: 522 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Ian011 wrote: »
    TalkTalk is the only major landline provider that has nothing about these changes on their website.

Changes are detailed here: http://sales.talktalk.co.uk/pricing/info/pricing-notification
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure