We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Someone has been withdrawing from my CC terrified is OH

Options
Littlemadam83
Littlemadam83 Posts: 785 Forumite
edited 4 March 2014 at 6:40PM in Credit cards
Hi guys,

I have had the worst week of my life. Tuesday,find out someone has spent £4k on cash withdrawals on my card.

I don't use this card so assumed it was in my drawer. Was last used physically in May/June. In my local supermarket and a pub further a field. The supermarket being the last place.

It has since been used just for withdrawals at said local supermarket and the area around.

My OH has money issues, he is no good,but getting better with cash. He transfers all his cash to me and we both use my card for food etc as all the bills were in my name.

As its never used I am struggling to see who it could be or what happened. My OH works from home most of the time, and going through the transactions not all of them are done where he was but are within a 20 minute drive of home. One was in London when he was there.

I have called the police and am waiting for them to get back to me.

I love OH so so much, more than I ever thought I could love someone, its just destroying me not knowing. I'm terrified of losing him. I start my new job on Monday, and suffer anxiety/depression as it is.

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts to help in any way? xxxx

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Comments

• bsms1147
    bsms1147 Posts: 2,261 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What did he say when you asked him?
  • tinkerbell28
    Options
    Hi guys,

I have had the worst week of my life. Tuesday,find out someone has spent £4k on cash withdrawals on my card.

I don't use this card so assumed it was in my drawer. Was last used physically in May/June. In my local supermarket and a pub further a field. The supermarket being the last place.

It has since been used just for withdrawals at said local supermarket and the area around.

My OH has money issues, he is no good,but getting better with cash. He transfers all his cash to me and we both use my card for food etc as all the bills were in my name.

As its never used I am struggling to see who it could be or what happened. My OH works from home most of the time, and going through the transactions not all of them are done where he was but are within a 20 minute drive of home. One was in London when he was there.

I have called the police and am waiting for them to get back to me.

I love OH so so much, more than I ever thought I could love someone, its just destroying me not knowing. I'm terrified of losing him. I start my new job on Monday, and suffer anxiety/depression as it is.

I just wondered if anyone has any thoughts to help in any way? xxxx

Should be in relationships.You already know who it is. I would not be afraid of losing a thief. You are worth more than that.
  • grumbler
    grumbler Posts: 58,629 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 22 February 2014 at 1:35AM
    Options
    If he has "money issues" you have to keep your PINs secret.
    Reporting this to the police can end up with a criminal record against him, but is unlikely to help with recovering money as the bank can blame you for disclosing your PIN to your OH.
  • Littlemadam83
    Options
    First time I said it'd crossed my mind he was fine. Then later that day I mentioned it again and he went ballistic.

When I logged in last night to go through it and saw it tallied up when he was out I gently woke him to say I'm worried he's in trouble he went berserk, it was the worst night of my life. Then today he's talked about it, we've gone through his work calendar together to try and get difinitive proof. He's talked to me about he feels, he understands how I feel.

He wants to bury his head in the sand and we are both so stressed. But I just don't know.

I so badly want it to be someone else. It is killing me :(
  • grumbler
    Options
    I think you know well that it can't be anyone else. Now it's you who wants to bury the head in the sand.
  • tinkerbell28
    Options
    First time I said it'd crossed my mind he was fine. Then later that day I mentioned it again and he went ballistic.

When I logged in last night to go through it and saw it tallied up when he was out I gently woke him to say I'm worried he's in trouble he went berserk, it was the worst night of my life. Then today he's talked about it, we've gone through his work calendar together to try and get difinitive proof. He's talked to me about he feels, he understands how I feel.

He wants to bury his head in the sand and we are both so stressed. But I just don't know.

I so badly want it to be someone else. It is killing me :(

Yeah good luck. Maybe next time he will get REALLY angry when you question him stealing off you.
  • Littlemadam83
    Options
    grumbler wrote: »
    If he has "money issues" you have to keep your PINs secret.
    Reporting this to the police can end up with a criminal record against him, but is unlikely to help with recovering money as the bank can blame you for not disclosing your PIN to your OH.

I never remember giving him the pin, but then you are right :'(

So no one thinks it could be anyone else? And just a string of coincidences?
  • tinkerbell28
    Options
    I never remember giving him the pin, but then you are right :'(

So no one thinks it could be anyone else? And just a string of coincidences?

You want it to be someone else. My advice? Wake up and smell the coffee, before you have kids, have maternity leave. Have to rely on life decisions like, mortgages and life insurance.
  • grumbler
    edited 22 February 2014 at 1:44AM
    Options
    How can it be anyone else? Chip&Pin cards apparently can't be cloned. All withdrawals were made nearby. Who else cold have known your pin, taken your card and then put it back?

Re the PIN, he could have either overlooked it or guessed it if it's something pretty obvious for a person knowing you closely.
  • Littlemadam83
    Options
    Thanks Tinkerbell, I have my mortgage and won't be having kids.

Grumbler - the card has gone, I have no idea where it is. So again no difinitive proof.

Would everyone here really just leave? Even though its not like this person is out spending it, has anything flashy. To me, if it is him, its because he could be in trouble. I never thought I'd be like this in this position..

So would no one really not stick with innocent until proven guilty? People forgive cheaters and all sorts of things. I know this is breaking the law, but I have no solid proof?

Xxx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family