Bagging a bargain UK hotel from Londontown.com

Options

Comments

• robert_harper_2000
    Options
    Hilton assured me Superior is Deluxe. One thing I noticed was that they said the room with breakfast was only £129... so not really saving 55%. When I questioned this I was told that 'They list rack room rate' so they just list an imaginary rate and pretend your saving 55% ? abit unfair surely.

But this would suggest I could get the room for £29?

These companies can be used to compare?
    Help me to help you :santa2:
  • TBeckett100
    TBeckett100 Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Cashback Cashier
    Options
    can someone tell me how long they usually take to verify a claim. i booked it last night and am due to stay thurs night,
  • Turvey
    Options
    Sorry to resurrect this thread but I was searching for 'cheap hotel' and came across this. Can someone please tell me if I have this correct?

1: Book a hotel room through Londontown.com

2: 'Find' ;) the same deal/same hotel cheaper via travelsupermarket.com etc within 48 hours of booking.

3: Take a screenshot of the cheaper deal and fill out the on-line 'Money back guarantee' form.

4: Wait until Londontown.com confirm or deny your claim.

5: If they confirm it I take it they re-book the hotel at the new lower price for you?

6: You stay at the hotel and automatically get charged the lower price?

7: After you return home you recieve a credit to your credit card account?

Sorry for all the silly questions but we've never really stayed in a hotel before and don't want to appear stupid:o :o:o

Sounds too good to be true:beer:
  • Turvey
    Turvey Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone help?
  • budgetflyer
    Options
    Yes, pretty much, thats it. Most of the hotels are charged at checkout and you can mostly (check the individual hotel details !!) cancel without penalty up to 24 hrs before arrival , so its normally a no lose situation. If they honour your claim, great, if not , cancel and rebook the cheaper alternative option.

Of course, the booking conditions, payment, room type, board will have to be the same for a successful claim.

Their choice of hotels is limited and I have mostly found them very competetive, BUT they (like all companies) sneak a few overpriced ones in there. Thats the ones we need to find, to exploit;)
  • We booked through LT.com this year and found they lived up to their promise. In fact we got an even bigger deal because the hotel was not as described on their website (Thistle hotels) We complained to them and got a refund. So we got £100 from LondonTown and £67 from Thistle refunded. Had a night in a hotel and they paid us £100 to do it! Bargain. LT paid up in about a week.
  • Turvey
    Turvey Posts: 40 Forumite
    Options
    Many thanks for the help, one small query yet and I'll leave you alone:D

I've booked a hotel through LT.com and 'found' the same hotel etc for £6 cheaper, so do I actually book the hotel myself or show LT.com the screenshot and let them book it? I would book it myself but there is a 10% cancellation fee per person and I dont want to lose 40 odd quid to maybe save 100 if you know what I mean:confused:

Maybe we should just book a B+B instead:rotfl:
  • robgb
    robgb Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, thanks for this great tip.

I'm having trouble finding a nice hotel for 2 nights during 21st-23rd Dec, as a cheaper price than on londontown.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it!

Thanks
  • ruthy14
    Options
    hello
    I too am really struggling to find a hotel in central london on 16th november for 2 nights.
    we are going to the dominion theatre in totenham court road so would like a hotel around this area.
    please help if you can.
    thanks
  • Nordictat2
    Options
    ruthy14 wrote: »
    hello
    I too am really struggling to find a hotel in central london on 16th november for 2 nights.
    we are going to the dominion theatre in totenham court road so would like a hotel around this area.
    please help if you can.
    thanks

Try Travelodge...Super saver rooms. I just saw £49 a night for the "London City Road" one for your dates and it's opening in Oct. so surely it's a clean hotel hehe AND it's close to the tube so you can go anywhere you need to go ;)
    :D *If you like the advice I give...let me know by clicking the THANKS button* :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure