Vent - My local Co-op.....

Options
At noon today (Friday) there was only one till open and that was at the cigarette kiosk. It's not one of their tiny stores - it used to be a Somerfield. I put down my shopping and walked out as I decided that they didn't deserve my custom if they can't be bothered having sufficient tills open at a peak shopping time. They are the dearest supermarket in town so staff costs shouldn't be an issue.

Comments

• Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    Options
    The Co-op is a rip-off for both its shocking prices and its poor, poor service.

I'm surprised they're still in business.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • eyelinerprincess
    Options
    Funnily enough, I walked into my local Co-Op the other day and tripped over a basket someone had dumped down.
    "Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, But beautiful old people are works of art."
    -- Eleanor Roosevelt
  • shellsuit
    shellsuit Posts: 24,749 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Since our old Kwik Save, come Somerfield, changed into a Co-op, I have never seen anyone in there with a trolley, doing a normal shop.

It's soooo expensive! I only go in for certain things when they have offers on and the prices are ridiculous!
    Tank fly boss walk jam nitty gritty...
  • duchy
    duchy Posts: 19,511 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Xmas Saver!
    Options
    My card decided not to work in our local (ex-Somerfield) Co-op-I knew there was plenty of money in the account so was a systems failure so the check-out woman put my sale on hold and put my shopping to the side. I told her I'd be back within 10 minutes. I was back in eight-and they'd got rid of my shopping and just shrugged.
    I asked for a supervisor -told them as I'd come back within the agreed time I wanted my shopping replaced-told her the items were stored on the cashier's till and I was happy to wait whilst she sorted it but I was not going around again. She looked flabergasted but went and replaced all the items.

I'd had enough of their Don't Care attitude (the service in there is awful almost every time) and put my foot down -and it worked.
    I Would Rather Climb A Mountain Than Crawl Into A Hole

MSE Florida wedding .....no problem
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Dreamnine wrote: »
    The Co-op is a rip-off for both its shocking prices and its poor, poor service.

I'm surprised they're still in business.

Too bloody right!!...A bag of Purina One cat food in my local Co is £5.49 yet in the Tesco's in Bangor (six miles away) it's £4.00,Nearly everything on average is at least 50p more expensive than Tesco's.I prefer to use the local independant butchers/grocers & Tesco's for the staple needs.
    Heck,even the newsagents round the corner gives you free bottle of River Rock water or a coffee with the morning paper!
  • Dreamnine
    Options
    I refuse to shop there... If I was going to spend that kind of money I may as well go to Waitrose.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Although I can't complain about the service during the week as I know most of the women who work there & they've very customer orientated but at weekends it's students/second jobbers who can barely crack a smile let alone say hello.
  • MamaMoo_2
    MamaMoo_2 Posts: 2,644 Forumite
    Options
    The co-op by me has recently employed some new staff, and they're all so awful.
    One woman spent my entire transaction chatting to another customer. So much so, that when I asked for some razors from behind the counter, THREE TIMES, she ignored me.
    And when I was buying gas and electricity, the member of staff must have asked about 7 times how much I wanted on each. Is it so hard to remember £30 gas and £15 electricity, especially when one's a card and one's a key, so they don't even look similar?!
    The staff also have a tendency to come out 15 minutes before closing to make their purchases, usually 4/5 baskets full of reduced stuff that hasn't been put out as they've kept it back for themselves and super-reduced it! They then spend 10 minutes running it through the till and holding up the till whilst they have a good gossip :mad:
  • Dreamnine
    Options
    Hartsworth wrote: »
    Not in mine. It's full of miserable old hags.

Mine has a combination of miserable old hags and clueless students...but never more than one of them at the till.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • Rolandtheroadie
    Options
    My local co-ops stopped selling Curries Red Cola.
    I wont be back.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport