Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Results: Rate Topcashback's reliability (1-5) at paying out cash earned over the last year

5/5 No issues, quick and speedy

33.62% • 159 votes

4/5 Minor glitches got all/vast majority of my cash though

40.38% • 191 votes

3/5 Can be quite a grind, sometims payments missed

9.30% • 44 votes

2/5 Unreliable I've not got my money on a no. of occassions

7.40% • 35 votes

1/5 Awful hardly ever get the money due

9.30% • 44 votes

You may not vote on this poll

473 votes in total.

• MSE Martin
    • By MSE Martin 13th Oct 09, 7:04 PM
    • 8,083Posts
    • 42,196Thanks
    MSE Martin
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Feedback Thread
    • 13th Oct 09, 7:04 PM
    0 WOW
    Topcashback Feedback Thread 13th Oct 09 at 7:04 PM

We're about to start reviewing our detailed guide to
    Cashback Sites (also see the Cashback Maximiser tool). While the amount they payout is important, so is the payout reliability - do you actually get your money?

Regular users please answer the poll

Therefore we'd like those who use the sites on a reasonably regular basis to help feedback a poll on payout reliability and enter a discussion on any other issues surrounding the sites.

This thread is to discuss

Please vote in the poll above and give your feedback in the discussion thread.

Important - this is only about the last year

While in the past there were substantial problems with cashback sites, the big players have made attempts to improve reliability over the last year.

Therefore its important the feedback sticks to current performance, not issues that happened more than a year ago.

Feedback on other cashback sites

There are also threads on the following other cashback sites

Thank you for your help

PS We will be monitoring these threads for any unusual or 'lobbying' voting patterns.
    Last edited by MSE Archna; 13-10-2009 at 8:46 PM.
    Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
    Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.

Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at

Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000
Page 1
  • Sylvester
    • 13th Oct 09, 9:39 PM
    • 13th Oct 09, 9:39 PM
    Never had as much as a tracking issue with them. Reliable payers, quick and full replies to any queries.

If another site offers the same cashback as TCB, I always use TCB as i'm more likely to get my money from them.
    • bristolleedsfan
    • By bristolleedsfan 13th Oct 09, 9:46 PM
    • 7,126 Posts
    • 9,344 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 09, 9:46 PM
    • 13th Oct 09, 9:46 PM
    Have been paid out 1200.00 + from TCB, 110% all round ace from my experience.
  • catnicex
    • 13th Oct 09, 10:23 PM
    • 13th Oct 09, 10:23 PM
    I have been using TCB for 1 year now and it always paid the cashback.
    Sometimes (three times out of around 20) I have had some problems such as lower cashback or long wait before the retailer processed the transaction (although the tracking has always been ok)...but TCB has always been helpful and pretty quick (1-2 days max) in answering my requests. Everytime (except the last one that is still ongoing) they have managed to resolve the problems and give me the right, expected money. Goog website and excellent offers.
    • Lynsey
    • By Lynsey 13th Oct 09, 10:38 PM
    • 9,250 Posts
    • 31,842 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 09, 10:38 PM
    • 13th Oct 09, 10:38 PM
    TCB is the obvious first choice if you are a buyer, genuine top-ups a real bonus for loyalty. No admin fee, a referral program and great CS.

**** Sealed Pot Challenge - Member #96 ****
    (x21) [/COLOR]
    No. 6 Total £740.00 - No. 7 £1000.00 - No. 8 £875.00
  • barnabee
    • 13th Oct 09, 11:03 PM
    • 13th Oct 09, 11:03 PM
    Apart from the awful problems that were experienced across all of the cashback site with Asda Finance earlier this year I have had no problems whatsoever with TCB. If I have had to raise an enquiry it is dealt with quickly and politely.

I am not 100% sure that they handled/advertised the issues with a major competitor bullying them over Virgin Media cashback a few months back but I have more confidence in TCB than any other cashback site.
  • hardyhaddocks
    • 13th Oct 09, 11:04 PM
    • 13th Oct 09, 11:04 PM
    Have used TCB for over a year now and although I have had a couple of items that haven't tracked, TCB have chased them up and any issues have been resolved so far. Excellent site and they pay you very quickly when you ask for your money!
    • Money_Man_Steve
    • By Money_Man_Steve 13th Oct 09, 11:14 PM
    • 376 Posts
    • 3,575 Thanks
    • 13th Oct 09, 11:14 PM
    • 13th Oct 09, 11:14 PM
    I like TCB. They offer an incentive to use them by paying over 100% to regular users. I had a very annoying issue with Nokia that failed to track at 30% on a expensive purchase, but I think that was more about Nokia than TCB. Everything else has tracked and become payable.
    Started comping May 15. Wins to date: 2x VIP BST tickets (Kylie, Grace Jones, Chic...); £100 Pickle odd-job credit, 48-hr Citroen C4 Cactus test drive; 2x tickets to exclusive XFM session with Prides; 2x pre-screening tickets for "The Gallows"; 'Man Food' chutney selection pack; £6 Pockit prepaid Mastercard credit; 4-pk Varta AA batteries
    • poppy10
    • By poppy10 14th Oct 09, 3:00 AM
    • 5,727 Posts
    • 6,977 Thanks
    • 14th Oct 09, 3:00 AM
    • 14th Oct 09, 3:00 AM
    I had an account with them and went to log in last week but they'd deletd my account!
    Originally posted by Atomised
    They deleted my account because I hadn't been active for 6 months

I lost all the cashback I had accumulated
    This post is sponsored by MoneySupermarket
    • SHEILA54
    • By SHEILA54 14th Oct 09, 5:38 AM
    • 1,746 Posts
    • 5,786 Thanks

I use them regularly but have 3 outstanding payments that have not tracked and 1 that tracked for a much lower amount. Two of these go back to January, one to March and another to September.

The payments that track go through quickly and are paid out promptly.
  • sydney9676
    On track to clear over £200 in 9 months with Topcashback, don't know why I've not used them before.
  • monkeytalk
    Topcashback has been quite reliable for me, only 1 that was not automatically tracked but as soon as I put in a claim they dealt with it quickly and was showing on my list within a week. Really happy with them.
    • Next station Whitefield
    • By Next station Whitefield 14th Oct 09, 8:12 AM
    • 138 Posts
    • 39 Thanks
    Next station Whitefield
    Yes. I do several cashbax and these are the best. I used to like We Promise To but I have got several unfinished 'claims' with them from a year ago! I almost feel I know 'Fiona' after raising so many tickets in the help section ! Yes they've plummeted in my opinion: its TCB for me.
  • lutonmatt
    Had a few retailers which failed to track or pay out but over 90 which did. That makes them roughly 95% reliable in my experience, which is pretty impressive, I think. Have earned over £1400 in the last year. TCB customer service is also excellent, in my opinion.
  • fi-be
    How much money did I waste before Topcashback?!
    Can't rate Topcashback highly enough. Ok, so there's been a few purchases that have failed to track, but at least I know they follow them up, which has resulted in 1 finally paying out. I also get over 100% cashback, which means that Topcashback top up the purchases to up to 10% of the cashback earned. You even get money for referring others, which has proved to be a worthwhile venture! Well done Topcashback
  • terryhodlin
    Only used TCB twice. First with Green Flag showed cashback as £0. Second with RAC last November has not given any cashback yet and repeated nudges have got nowhere so far. TCB reckon my tracking is OK. So not impressed so far. But other positive comments seem to indicate that I am an exception rather than the rule so I may give them one last try.
  • krm576
    Claimed £468 back so far and never really had a problem.
    Some car insurance payouts took a long time (3+ months) to become claimable - even though they tracked quickly - but they have all come through in the end.

I thoroughly recommend TopCashBack.
  • GaryQ
    Have had no problems so far. Tracking is quick and customer service is great
  • mute_posting
    Had a problem with an insurance cashback for £70, initially tracked okay then halfway to the payment date the goal posts just kept changing to the point where a number of hoops needed to be jumped through to claim (with the obvious intention to discourage as many people as possible from following through with the claim)
    :confused: I have a poll / discussion on Economy 7 / 10 off-peak usage (as a % or total) and ways to improve it but I'm not allowed to link to it so have a look on the gas/elec forum if you would like to vote or discuss.
  • kaisersoze
    Have been using TCB for over 2 years now and have claimed over £700 whilst having only minor problems with tracking (no problems with payments) that were addressed very quickly, outstanding website thoroughly recommended.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim's to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

333Posts Today

1,922Users online

Martin's Twitter