IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

invoice from TPS Parking Solutions Ltd.

Options

Comments

• f1maverick
    Options
    Cheers guys!

Thats what I was intending on doing.
    Every one of my friends and family are telling me to pay it up.
    They must think im a bit of a rebel.:D
  • peter_the_piper
    Options
    Can you pm me their names and addresses so I can send them an invoice. As they seem so keen to pay I don't see why someone should'nt profit from it.

(ps. I'm only jesting)
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • sykey
    Options
    tps did anybody pay them any money? need help please!!
  • Coblcris
    Coblcris Posts: 1,862 Forumite
    Options
    How does knowing if anyone else paid help with your problem ?
  • Zamzara
    Zamzara Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    But if he broke the rules it's a penalty by definition.
  • Pimpslider
    Pimpslider Posts: 192 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sykey wrote: »

Why do you need help Sykes? :think:
    I'M NOT AS THINK AS YOU DUMB I AM...
    Like Gary the No-Trash Cougar says: "Give a larbage, throw out your garbage!" Spread the word!
  • cajef
    cajef Posts: 6,266 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    You broke the rules. Just pay and be done with it.

Which rules have been broken?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 31 March 2010 at 9:48PM
    Options
    sykey wrote: »

I hope you come back on here to see these replies, sykey, and that you realise you must ignore any posts by Parking Eric who works for a Private Parking company (he's sadly somewhat biased in favour of his scam industry but doesn't have enough work to do now so many people are ignoring his [STRIKE]tickets[/STRIKE] little pieces of toilet roll, LOL!)..

No, the previous poster with the ticket didn't pay because you must NEVER pay a private parking ticket.:)

Would you ask for advice on whether to reply to a Nigerian phishing email? No, you would confidently delete it - so do the same with this ticket if it's a private 'Parking Charge Notice' that you have received. You just have to ignore a series of letters, then the scam stops. Don't believe a word of it when it says 'we may take you to Court - blah blah'. They won't.

Out of interest who issued your fake ticket? If you look at the sticky thread at the top of this sub-board you can see examples of PPC letters that you will receive 'PPC letters - what to expect'. Just read and follow all the links in the first post by Crabman:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.html?f=163

Look for the letters from 'your' PPC (or similar letters to whatever rubbish you have received) then look further and see what comes next - then to the end of the preview letters...nothing happens, end of scam. It does not affect your credit rating.

Still not sure? Read several threads below the first one on the link. Look at how common the scam is - read those cases which are NOT about Councils (real tickets) and you'll see everyone is ignoring these worthless pieces of claptrap (private tickets).

DO NOT PAY.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • h158
    h158 Posts: 39 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've been reading through this thread with interest as I've just received a Parking Charge Notice from TPS - was going to pay it until I read these posts. Where did you get to with it? Did they go away?
    Thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,701 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 12 May 2010 at 1:14PM
    Options
    h158 wrote: »
    I've been reading through this thread with interest as I've just received a Parking Charge Notice from TPS - was going to pay it until I read these posts. Where did you get to with it? Did they go away?
    Thanks

Yes, they just go away if you ignore the letters. Honestly, their business model relies on a percentage of people paying without question or because the letters scare them into thinking the charge is legit. It's not.

It's not a fine and you have no obligation to answer to a private company about parking at all. Only PCNs from the Police and the Council should be taken seriously.

Did you miss Watchdog last week? This is what was said (correctly);

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

So it's your choice really, do you make a paper aeroplane with the ticket and the debt collector letters which will follow (all pointless rubbish BTW) or do you use it as scrap paper, loo roll, etc.?

Relax and read some non-Council-ticket threads from the whole forum board on the subject. You'll see how common this shocking scam is! Especially read the first thread on the sub-board, by Crabman, which shows you examples of the letter-chain that you can completely ignore and laugh at:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163

HTH. Don't pay the scammers, whatever you do!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure