IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

invoice from TPS Parking Solutions Ltd.

Options

Comments

• trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 2 July 2010 at 2:15PM
    Options
    And just to clear up the terminology, this is not a "fine", it's an unenforceable invoice.

As for your "appeal", don't forget it's not an independent process, it's usually done by the cleaning lady. And, of course it's in their (financial) interest to turn down all of these appeals.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 July 2010 at 7:22PM
    Options
    Short answer: Confirmed. Ignore it till the cows come home. Regular posters need read no further. :)

Long answer with links:

There's tons on the internet about this issue, look for forum posts on here, pepipoo.com, consumer action group, all of which will tell you that such tickets are unenforceable trash.

Watchdog covered this last month, and their legal bod helpfully confirmed just what we tell everyone to do with fake parking tickets (whether you have 'contravened their rules' or not, and whether they have a pretty picture of your car or not):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAIcdi9niHA

:T:rotfl:

The registered keeper will receive a few debt collector letters telling you to pay. Do not panic, do not believe the lies on the letters about Court/CCJs/dire consequences! See examples here of what to ignore. Look specifically for 'your' letter you just received, and you can see which letter will be next:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/....php?t=2214803

Relax, even if you get more letters (as per our examples, we can predict you'll get the same).

But to be proactive, if the scam letters get tiresome you may like to also report the company and their debt collectors for harassment:

http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/en...=03_harassment

But don't forget this is NOT a debt, NOT a fine, just a mickey mouse ticket. Nothing happens, your credit record is NOT affected, so don't fall for this con. Be angry about their illegal scary letters, tell your friends never to pay a private parking ticket. Spread the word.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 2 July 2010 at 8:24PM
    Options
    Sorry, PC problems meant duplicate post!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Mr_Slappywag
    Options
    Thanks for your help. I feel alot more at ease now. It's just a shame these companies can't be dealt with for their scamming.
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Additionally, as part of the services, TPS on-site team members are trained to carry out additional duties including but not limited to the following:

• Rogue trolley collection
    • Litter picking
    • Signage cleaning
    That must be intense training they got in place ;)
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • ninab_2
    ninab_2 Posts: 31 Forumite
    Options
    Just recieved our letter from Roxburghe some 10 weeks after the so called incident.....threatens solicitors graham white if we do not pay within 7 days - they say they will pursue the matter with or without our cooperation.....bovered...am i.....laughable!

Yep as above i saw a TPS worker park up on their so called land where i parked the other day and he started litter picking and i thought it would b quite amusing to ask him if it would be ok if i parked here!!!!

Just wondering what to say if and when they start calling us at home.....any amusing answers welcomed!
  • peter_the_piper
    peter_the_piper Posts: 30,268 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'd rather be an Optimist and be proved wrong than a Pessimist and be proved right.
  • robertsdan
    Options
    Same problem.

Received a parking ticket from TPS for parking over their intended stay period.

Ignored it.

Received a letter reminding me of payment from TPS.

Ignored it.

Received a second letter again reminding me of payment but now with a higher price and warning that if not settled then further action would ensue.

Ignored it.

Received a letter from Roxburghe Debt Collectors attempting to recover a now even higher amount. Informed of 7 days to pay or will be passed on to solicitors.

Ignored it.

Now received a letter from Graham White Solicitors titled Invoice of Intending Legal Action. Intended litigation is happening before legal proceeding are issuesd in the County Court. I have 7 days to settle or it's court and bailiffs.

Was not bothered about all the previous letters as I'd read many posts on many forums saying just to ignore them. But I'm starting to get a little worried now that it's in the hands of a solicitor.

What action should I take now and, if I need to, who do I direct it at?

Cheers
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport