IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

invoice from TPS Parking Solutions Ltd.

Options

Comments

• HO87
    HO87 Posts: 4,296 Forumite
    Options
    Aikiwodge wrote: »
    My daughter got 'done' in a car park in Wrexham. She did not see the sign at the entrance and then there no more signs (that she could see) in the car park. She got a fine letter and then wrote back (genuinely) stating the above. Since then she has gone back to University and now received two more letters - now saying that legal action will follow.

I have not passed either of these other letters on to her because she has enough pressures at Uni (including financial) without this !!!!!!!!! I have written back to TPS stating that she has not received the last two letters.

I am going to fight this tooth and nail - even if me that ends up in court. That will include the press and the stupid shops that use their services.

Fight on!!!!
    You seem to understand the situation but the best thing that you could do now to reduce the number of letters that you/you daughter will receive is to stop contacting them at all. No more letters and certainly no phone calls. As a result of your having written to them you are likely to get a few more extra letters but just ignore them.
    My very sincere apologies for those hoping to request off-board assistance but I am now so inundated with requests that in order to do justice to those "already in the system" I am no longer accepting PM's and am unlikely to do so for the foreseeable future (August 2016). :(

For those seeking more detailed advice and guidance regarding small claims cases arising from private parking issues I recommend that you visit the Private Parking forum on PePiPoo.com
  • RedwoodBrook
    Options
    Hi all,

Having read through this thread I feel much better about the "Parking Enforcement Notice" I received this morning.

A few things though - the 'invoice' has been sent to a previous address of mine (the new tenants have forwarded it on to my current address although I will shortly be moving out of here too....!) and addressed to my maiden name. I guess that just gives me more reason to ignore them, seeing as I never actually received anything..? :)
  • vanatina
    Options
    i parked on a car park recently not realising there was a time limit, now received a letter from tps asking for £50, within 14 days or it will rise to £70 if not paid, have spent nearly that much dialling the phone number on the letter but no response, have written and emailed, and at last got an email reply, just saying i was illegally parked and to send them the money.
    am not going to pay, and await further letters, if the people on the website are correct.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Did they actually use the term "illegally parked"? If so they were lying because (as this was on private land) no statute laws were broken.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Kite2010
    Kite2010 Posts: 4,304 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Home Insurance Hacker! Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    vanatina wrote: »
    i parked on a car park recently not realising there was a time limit, now received a letter from tps asking for £50, within 14 seconds or it will rise to £70 if not paid, have spent nearly that much dialling the phone number on the letter but no response, have written and emailed, and at last got an email reply, just saying i was illegally parked and to send them the money.
    am not going to pay, and await further letters, if the people on the website are correct.

Just corrected the amount of time the discount is available for, because if you do pay at £50 they will come back with some excuse to say that payment was late and that you owe another £20 plus £10 admin fees.

If it was a free car-park then the landowner has lost nothing so don't worry.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 134,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    vanatina wrote: »
    i parked on a car park recently not realising there was a time limit, now received a letter from tps asking for £50, within 14 days or it will rise to £70 if not paid, have spent nearly that much dialling the phone number on the letter but no response, have written and emailed, and at last got an email reply, just saying i was illegally parked and to send them the money.

This is an ancient thread to bump again, bearing in mind we get at least 20 new ones every single day! I guess you didn't know that?

Quick forum use tip:

When you find a random thread on any online forum, take a step back and look at the sub-forum, the board the thread sits on and read the info threads at the top which are called 'stickies' as they stick permanently at the top of the board like notices.

To do this, look at the top of this page for the blue link starting Home > Forums > and so on (it's in small writing, always written as a chain-link on any forum, always with > inbetween each step, and it ends with the name of this thread).

So ALWAYS take a step back. Click on the link before the name of the thread. Clue - it's mentioned in my signature!

If ever you find a random forum post when searching for information online, do not just reply on it as it's confusing to hijack a thread that someone else started. Always look at the actual board the thread sits on by going back one link in the chain and starting your own thread if the stickies do not have the answer you are looking for.

Hope that makes sense.

Now if you try that, please read the stickies (info threads at the top) by clicking on the end of the Home > Forums > 'breadcrumb link' at the top.

You will find a must-see Watchdog clip, cunningly hidden in the sticky thread 'welcome, please read before posting'! And also look at the letter chains in the top sticky thread.

That's what will happen - just letters. Ignore them completely. But do read up on the scam and watch the Watchdog clip now I have explained how to find the sticky info threads. It is not just a bunch oif perople on a website telling you to ignore a fake PCN - watch the Solicitor!

HTH
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • loobieloo46
    Options
    Hello All,
    I received a tps parking fine the day before my mums funeral - I was broke as-well and it really was a bad thing for me. I was however 2 mins late returning. It was in a free car park though and they put a proper sticker on my windscreen.
    I ignored the letters that have gone to my in-laws house as we had the car registered there for a time (we just moved). I actually have never seen a letter (my OH forgets to show me and then loses them..) My FiL emailed tps and said we don't live there anymore. The letters still came to them and now they are from a debt collectors saying they may take me to court. Only prob is it was my OH's car so they are threatening him. I am now getting very worried - I don't want to get my partner in trouble - equally I can't afford the £150fine it now has gone up to. Please help...
  • The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    It's not a fine. You won't go to court, and neither will anyone else. Did you read anything in this thread to whcih you have added your story? If you had, you would know all threats of debt collectors and court are completely hollow, and will never be followed through.

Just keep on ignoring, and tell everyone else to do likewise.
  • loobieloo46
    Options
    I thought most people had parked but weren't late back? ie Unfair parking fines - I was late. Plus no-one has ever said what happened in the end...hope you're right...doesn't stop me worrying though. Does anyone know the last letter you get?
  • Stroma
    Stroma Posts: 7,971 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    I thought most people had parked but weren't late back? ie Unfair parking fines - I was late. Plus no-one has ever said what happened in the end...hope you're right...doesn't stop me worrying though. Does anyone know the last letter you get?

It will not go any further than threatograms, tps never do court ever. You should relax and enjoy christmas and the new year.
    When posting a parking issue on MSE do not reveal any information that may enable PPCs to identify you. They DO monitor the forum.
    We don't need the following to help you.
    Name, Address, PCN Number, Exact Date Of Incident, Date On Invoice, Reg Number, Vehicle Picture, The Time You Entered & Left Car Park, Or The Amount of Time You Overstayed.
    :beer: Anti Enforcement Hobbyist Member :beer:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport