Reclaim CPP article discussion

Options

Comments

• obprestige
    obprestige Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    Hi guys

I have lost the form for my CPP claim so I called them to ask for a new one but they are telling me they cant find my details. My brother also received one and still has the form but they cant find his details either.

What can I still do make a claim?

Please help!
  • dolphingazer
    Options
    CM75 wrote: »
    Can any one please advise what my next steps are? I've had Halifax card protection since before 2005 (I think c.2001) - indeed the current policy is 'live' until June this year! (feel rather foolish now :()

I have copies of the renewal letters to prove the policy, however it doesn't seem to be a cpp policy (indeed I called up and they have no register of a policy). If Bank of Scotland is involved does this include Halifax and what should I do to claim if it is a separate scheme??

Many thanks for your help in advance and I hope this post is ok - I've never used a forum before!! :)

Here is a template letter you could use for pre 2005

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/redir/c9cbf865
  • micwil
    micwil Posts: 34 Forumite
    Options
    A cheque from CPP for £218.99 arrived last week! :j Filling in the claim form to the cheque arriving took about 4 weeks. Now, I just need to go into battle with HSBC about the 1998-2005 portion of my money! They have already said no once, but I don't think I'm going to take that as a final answer! x
  • Alias_Omega
    Alias_Omega Posts: 7,912 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I had £139 ishy, cant remember the exact amount.

It was about £80 with £50 interest..
  • The_Boss
    The_Boss Posts: 5,849 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all,

I've been receiving letters and the claim forms from CPP, but I don't ever recall having payment protection on a financial product, let alone from 2005 onwards.

Does the fact they have written to me automatically mean I paid for something that wasn't needed and that I should claim? If so, what should I do given that I do not know which product it referred to? I find it odd that they would write to me out of the blue if I wasn't eligible...
  • 10SvL1973
    Options
    Just had a cheque from CPP for the sum of £242.52. Nice one MSE:j
  • dolphingazer
    Options
    The_Boss wrote: »
    Hi all,

I've been receiving letters and the claim forms from CPP, but I don't ever recall having payment protection on a financial product, let alone from 2005 onwards.

Does the fact they have written to me automatically mean I paid for something that wasn't needed and that I should claim? If so, what should I do given that I do not know which product it referred to? I find it odd that they would write to me out of the blue if I wasn't eligible...

Take a look at your claim form and you will see a couple of reasons as to why you may have been mis sold.

Hope this link helps. Look at the section where it says help filling in the form.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/CPP-card-protection
  • Woodseybear
    Options
    Hi, I sent claims for both identity protection and card protection. I have received a cheque today for £204.00. The letter that accompanied the cheque only mentions identity protection. Should I expect another payment for the card protection or does this cheque cover both?:T
  • womble_lancs
    Options
    Hi, I sent claims for both identity protection and card protection. I have received a cheque today for £204.00. The letter that accompanied the cheque only mentions identity protection. Should I expect another payment for the card protection or does this cheque cover both?:T

Hmm, the letter I received today says 'this amount will be a total for all policies', so perhaps you'll get another. I just received £73.55 and I still have absolutely no idea what it was for! I don't recall ever taking out PPI or anything else on the list. Not that I'm complaining, mind!
  • GBSouthYorks
    Options
    I sent claims in for my sister and I at in February and have heard nothing at all from CPP. Have other people had an acknowledgement and if so, how long did it take for this to come please?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure