sky broadband new £192 deal m&s gift

Options
kevtrix
kevtrix Posts: 1 Newbie
Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited 5 September 2014 at 3:57PM in Broadband & internet access
Trying to get this deal but the mse link takes you to sky tv,broadband and calls page with £75 off , mse states it should take you to skys broadband and calls page with £100 m&s gift card details.

Anyone else having probs with this?

Update got it sorted, would only go to skys £75offer using android tablet, signed up ok using my windows laptop

Comments

• fridayuser
    Options
    When I go through the link from MSE to complete the purchase with Sky, they still want to charge me a £20 one-off fee for phone line transfer.
    On the MSE site it says its only chargeable for new lines or switch from cable.
    Called Sky and they say there's nothing they can do about it and I need to speak to MSE.
    Anyone got any clues / ideas?
  • Gray5000
    Options
    Hey guys, first post here. Bloody LOVE MSE, I thought it about time I get involved on the forum! :D

Kevtrix, I've got the same issue. I stated exploring the site and found the existing M&S £100 voucher offer from sky. The email from MSE states:
    "To complete your purchase and get your offer (and your exclusive vouchers) you simply need to follow the steps to complete this form which will then take you to the Sky.com site. When you click through to the Sky site on the next page, the voucher will be displayed as £100 M&S…..don’t panic! Simply continue through the journey online and we’ll match up your details and send you the additional £92."

So from reading that, The link just takes you to Sky.com and you click through the site. Go to the menu and click offers.

This leads me to my question. Can we opt for one of the other vouchers, MasterCard £100 or £100 tesco and still get the £92 M&S email voucher??????!!! Please say yes :p
  • Delbois
    Delbois Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 September 2014 at 2:21PM
    Options
    Gray5000 wrote: »
    Hey guys, first post here. Bloody LOVE MSE, I thought it about time I get involved on the forum! :D

Kevtrix, I've got the same issue. I stated exploring the site and found the existing M&S £100 voucher offer from sky. The email from MSE states:
    "To complete your purchase and get your offer (and your exclusive vouchers) you simply need to follow the steps to complete this form which will then take you to the Sky.com site. When you click through to the Sky site on the next page, the voucher will be displayed as £100 M&S…..don’t panic! Simply continue through the journey online and we’ll match up your details and send you the additional £92."

So from reading that, The link just takes you to Sky.com and you click through the site. Go to the menu and click offers.

This leads me to my question. Can we opt for one of the other vouchers, MasterCard £100 or £100 tesco and still get the £92 M&S email voucher??????!!! Please say yes :p

Similar question here - if you click through from the MSE offer to Sky and select Fibre rather than std broadband (at £10/mth for first 6 months) are you still eligible for the M&S vouchers??
  • Delbois
    Options
    To answer my own question - response from Sky CS as follows: "The vouchers do not apply for Fibre but if purchasing the offer on Broadband Unlimited then please do click through the voucher link on Money Saving Expert to redeem."
  • Gray5000
    Options
    Delbois wrote: »
    "...but if purchasing the offer on Broadband Unlimited then please do click through the voucher link on Money Saving Expert to redeem."

Now this makes it sound like the MSE link should take you somewhere specific in order to secure the deal, except it only takes you to sky.com...
  • Delbois
    Options
    Gray5000 wrote: »
    Now this makes it sound like the MSE link should take you somewhere specific in order to secure the deal, except it only takes you to sky.com...

The MSE links takes you to a Sky page which makes reference to the MSE deal but it also has the usual Sky tick box options and add-ons such as Fibre broadband, unlimited phone calls etc which led me to believe you could mix 'n' match the offering and still be eligible for the vouchers
  • capel25
    capel25 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Just applied for Sky Broadband in light of the £192 M&S vouchers offer (well done MSE) however, it doesn't apply if you're already a Sky TV customer; they offered me £25 versus the £100 if you're not a Sky TV customer. Cross, grr.
  • GibsonSt19
    GibsonSt19 Posts: 2,736 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    capel25 wrote: »
    Just applied for Sky Broadband in light of the £192 M&S vouchers offer (well done MSE) however, it doesn't apply if you're already a Sky TV customer; they offered me £25 versus the £100 if you're not a Sky TV customer. Cross, grr.

Yes, I tried to take the offer up, but came across a screen which said I was either with Sky already or had recently left. I left Sky (for TV) 5 months ago.

From what I understand, calling the numbers presented will result in no cashback being paid at all, so for that reason, I'm out.

Shame.
  • Moneysaver247
    Options
    Has ANYONE out there managed to secure this deal yet today? I've been repeatedly trying since this morning & no joy so far!
    Somebody mentioned seeing a reference to the MSE deal on the SKY website but I can't find it.
    PLEASE HELP!
  • Delbois
    Delbois Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 September 2014 at 6:13PM
    Options
    Has ANYONE out there managed to secure this deal yet today? I've been repeatedly trying since this morning & no joy so far!
    Somebody mentioned seeing a reference to the MSE deal on the SKY website but I can't find it.
    PLEASE HELP!

I'm still able to click on the deal from MSE website and bring up the Sky website page with the MSE references - it looks a bit like a pop up form so there may be a problem if pop ups are blocked/disabled by your browser (or try a different brower?). Unfortunately MSE will not allow me to post a direct link here for you to try.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure