Compensation for delayed flights Discussion Area

Options

Comments

• kirstie27488
    Options
    hi there,

i was delayed on dec 11 2011, flying from man to jfk flying with continental airlines. Im trying to searcg for this flight on Flightstat but it doesnt show the flight.

Does anyone know where i can find details of this flight? i dont have the flight number.

Thanks
  • disney_cjd
    disney_cjd Posts: 1,249 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    After issuing court proceedings Virgin finally paid out for our delayed flight from June 2008. Orlando to Gatwick. Result. Only downside they used te exchange rte in 2008 so I got. Bi less. Bu pleased none the less.
    Self confessed Florida expert :) with over 320 trips there!
    Co host of the Disneybrit and Eye on Orlando Podcasts
    and Craig Duncan Soul Show on Orlando Sky Radio :)

• richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ..i was delayed on dec 11 2011, flying from man to jfk flying with continental airlines.

What was the cause of the delay?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • sharees
    sharees Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    im in a pickle we where on a package holiday with thomas cook .. they informed us on departure day that outr flight was leaving earlier and we had been transferred onto an easyjet flight as thomas cook had overbooked...so we left in a hurry... our easyjet flight was delayed over 3 hours then we where told they had overbooked that and we where offered money to offload and have a flight the following day...we off loaded and the flight the following day was fine.. we where compensated by easyjet for off loading but not for the 3 hour delay... could i claim for the delay and who do i claim from.. thomas cook who we where on package holiday with or easyjet
  • kirstie27488
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    What was the cause of the delay?

They said it was a problem with the aircraft. We were also delayed coming back on the 14th dec 2011 for the same reason.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sharees wrote: »
    ... we where compensated by easyjet for off loading ..

How much was that?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • angela39
    angela39 Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 28 March 2013 at 10:44PM
    Options
    i was delayed returning from egypt in oct 2010 with thompson they put us in a 5 star hotel because there was something wrong with the plane the only person who could fix it was in britain . i dont have boarding passes and dont have the flight number. can i claim.
  • sharees
    Options
    i also dont have any documentation what is required and where could i obtain it
  • angela39
    Options
    travel back from egypt in october 2010 we were delsyed 20 hours because there was something wrong with the plane and the only person who could fixm it was in britain. i dont have boarding passes and i dont know the flight number. can i claim
  • sharees
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    How much was that?

we got around 380 pounds for being off loaded
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts