VERY Cheap glasses and specs - made to order.

Options

Comments

• Bleg
    Bleg Posts: 332 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I would really like to hear from anyone who have ordered and received high index prescription glasses from goggles4u. My prescription is in the region of +6.75/+7.00. I am amazed that 1.67 or 1.74 high index lenses can be sold at these prices.
    -Keep your eyes to the sunshine and you would not see the shadows-:beer:
    -Remember your forgetfulness is not my emergency:p
  • purplepatch
    purplepatch Posts: 2,534 Forumite
    Options
    Bleg wrote:
    I would really like to hear from anyone who have ordered and received high index prescription glasses from goggles4u. My prescription is in the region of +6.75/+7.00. I am amazed that 1.67 or 1.74 high index lenses can be sold at these prices.

Yesterday, I ordered from them and I'm -5.25/-5.50 so I'll report back when they arrive. They advised me to go for specs without too much height and the pair I like are only 20mm in height, so hopefully they will be fine. I figured at that price (£14.57 for the complete package) it was worth taking a chance.
  • Bleg
    Options
    True.... Can't argue with that. I recently ordered a pair from 39dollarsglasses.com. They were made with 1.67 high index Sieko lenses. They are absolutly perfect and less than half the price of what I would have paid on the high street. I am in the market for a second pair so I would be anxiously awaiting your order.
  • purplepatch
    Options
    Yesterday, I ordered from them and I'm -5.25/-5.50 so I'll report back when they arrive. They advised me to go for specs without too much height and the pair I like are only 20mm in height, so hopefully they will be fine. I figured at that price (£14.57 for the complete package) it was worth taking a chance.

Just reporting back to say that the goggles4u glasses have arrived today 8 days after ordering (considerably better than the 10-14 days they quote on the website).

The glasses are very well made, the prescription is perfect. Re the high index lenses, it's difficult to see exactly how thin they are as I've got a polyflex frame. They seem to compare favourably with my existing lenses which I paid high street prices for and which are high index (although I've no idea what grade).

They come with a nice sturdy case and I've got a pink Versace cleaning cloth.

Husband also ordered a rimless Boss pair and they are really good too (he's got a blue cleaning cloth btw :D)

Incidentally, re choosing a design, I too did the trawling round opticians trying on different styles and deciding which ones I wanted. Then went through the website to find a similar design. Seems to have worked.

Can't believe all this for £14.50 - will definitely be getting more pairs from them. Big thank you to Jamesh who first posted about them.
    :T

Highly recommended!
    :money:
  • sainthalo
    Options
    so which country did the goggles4u glasses come from. i think someone mentioned they were from pakistan?
  • digp
    digp Posts: 2,013 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    so is martin going to write an article on this
  • kingarhu
    kingarhu Posts: 133 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    sainthalo wrote:
    so which country did the goggles4u glasses come from. i think someone mentioned they were from pakistan?
    Yes, I got my new pair yesterday and they were sent from Pakistan. They took a full two weeks to arrive, but so much cheaper than the optician's quote they are an absolute bargain. Pretty stylish too. :cool:
  • jamesh
    jamesh Posts: 239 Forumite
    Options
    Nice to see people are happy with them.

Don't forget the 15% discount of repeat orders, how they can offer it so cheaply I'll never know.
  • Bleg
    Options
    Thsnk You all no guessing where I would be getting my second pair from. I had already ask them some pre-purchase questions regarding my +6.75/+7.00. I was told that because my prescription was + they could not offer high index lenses in plastic only in glass and hence they would slightly heavier. I think I would still go ahead though. Many thanks everyone. I love this forum.
  • ugy101
    ugy101 Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    just ordered from optical4less.com, if only i came to the last page of the forum would have found out about goggles4u.com, is there any chance of canceling an order from optical4less, lol. anyway they still are quite cheap for the bendable framespayed about £39 total, goggles4u don't seem to have bendable ones
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family