Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• funkygiraffe
    Options
    etting wrote: »
    Hi all
    I've been offered entertainment package, movies and sports in HD for £30 over a 12 month period - basically everything apart from Kids and Boxset

Also free 2tb SkyQ box if I go for multi room - £12 a month. But not sure about this - I don't want to have to give them the box back at the end of 12 months.

What do you all think?

This sounds like an excellent deal. I pay the equivalent (deducting the £12 extra I pay for multiroom) of £26 for the original bundle, which presumably is comparable to the new 'entertainment', with sports in standard def so for HD AND movies to be included for £4 seems a no brainer even with a contract. How did you manage to get this deal?
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    etting wrote: »
    Hi all
    I've been offered entertainment package, movies and sports in HD for £30 over a 12 month period - basically everything apart from Kids and Boxset

Also free 2tb SkyQ box if I go for multi room - £12 a month. But not sure about this - I don't want to have to give them the box back at the end of 12 months.

What do you all think?

Are you a new or current customer?

It works out at about 45% off list price. If you're a current customer you could push for 50% and/or credit. Unfortunately it appears the 60%+ deals are not aroudn at the moment.
  • superleeds27
    superleeds27 Posts: 36 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 3 January 2018 at 11:57AM
    Options
    Hi all,

I've just been offered the following:

18 Month Contract
    40% off the Core TV Package
    Complete Sports Pack - £20 a month
    Sky Sports HD for £2 a month
    SKY Q Multi-Screen

£56.80 a month.

Told them it was too much for me. Opted to process my cancellation.

I know of people who have the same setup and are paying less than £50 a month. I'll see what they come back at me with.

Edit: MySky is now showing 30% off for 12 Months
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    the original bundle, which presumably is comparable to the new 'entertainment'

The new Entertainment package is more comparable to the old Variety package minus F1 racing and possibly some of the kids channels.
  • editor1
    editor1 Posts: 287 Forumite
    Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Don't know how you guys do it, but had a good deal for Sky last year via MSE, total cost of package, including cash back was approx £18 per month, including Sky Hub charge - package was basic line rental, BB and Anytime calls. Sky wanted £35 for the same package as of the end of this month, whilst cheapest comparable deal i could find was with John Lewis, but no Anytime calls, obviously some cash back too, but overall my new charges with PlusNet or John lewis would be higher than £21.99 a month. Spoke to Sky cancellations team and was offered a revised rate of £21.99 a month, inclusive of Anytime calls. Not brilliant, but could not be bothered with all the hassle this year, so accepted revised T&C. Shame no MSE Sky Offers at the moment and off course have a 14 day cooling off period, but elderly folks happy with this and Sky service, surprisingly has been good. Overall, no complaints on this occasion, given lack of decent deals presently.
  • DonnySaver
    Options
    Quick question.... the last time I re-negotiated with Sky I got offered 50% off everything. However, in order to get Sky Sports in HD they forced me to take the box sets package. I've never watched a box set ever.

If you need Sky Sports in HD, what is the cheapest TV you need to take these days?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The cheapest package is now Entertainment at £25 if rolled on or £20 to new customers or those accepting a tie in; consisting of what was Variety but without the children's part (now a £5 add on). HD is a £5 add on ,too, so it's £25 or £30 plus the cost of Sport.
  • funkygiraffe
    Options
    Just tried to contact Sky today and live chat option was not appearing whatsoever (not even appearing, but busy) and instead they have started this new Sky Messenger service which is effectively a live but not instant chat (somewhere between email and instant reply). Appears they may be moving away from a fully live and instant chat as maybe they couldn't keep up with the staff numbers. Could this spell the end of playing the game which was so easily played on live chat?
  • MrsWenger
    MrsWenger Posts: 360 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Got a letter today offering 50% but seemed to suggest this was off one element of package. Went on live chat. Got 50% off everything except HD. Asked for clarification, gave 50% off HD too but said £10 admin fee would have to be paid. Asked why and it was waived. Happy to have full services for £40 per month for 12 months.

Will post this on other threads too as there seems to be a few on a similar topic! :)
  • shaggy
    shaggy Posts: 1,030 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    MrsWenger wrote: »
    Got a letter today offering 50% but seemed to suggest this was off one element of package. Went on live chat. Got 50% off everything except HD. Asked for clarification, gave 50% off HD too but said £10 admin fee would have to be paid. Asked why and it was waived. Happy to have full services for £40 per month for 12 months.

Will post this on other threads too as there seems to be a few on a similar topic! :)

Is this for sky Q?
    I rely would love a deal to match or come close to my £18.50 a month for the full package on normal HD box but I doubt they will match that this year.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback