NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

NSD 10/15

Organise: 2 loads of washing but not much drying, had to bring it inside & put on creel, means lots of ironing tomorrow. No work in cellar but started on main bedroom. Can now get to open/close curtains without breaking my neck..

Did a freezer dive although it is dreadfully iced up & I had to get DH to wrench it open. Found a joint of beef for tomorrow, plus some sausages & something else but can't recall what now...it'll come back to me eventually..peas ! It was a bag of frozen peas...

Lunch: BLT from stores, DH bacon sandwiches

Supper: Beef stroganoff with white & wild rice plus green beans. Had to sort beans carefully as left over from last week & some a bit brown looking...followed by slice of fruit cake each - gifted from auntie :T

Food budget: £191.96/250

Be kind: Easier today as DD gone back to her house.. DH did a few things including unpacking some plastic containers he bought whilst I was away. That man has a serious plastic container habit..but I didn't mention it

One more time: Mainly to plan but see fruit cake above. have not weighed since I got back from hols, too terrifying a prospect

Extra Income: Sold 2 more items on eBay, need to send on Monday.

Christmas: Did some shopping whilst away, got a few gifts & several baubles which I didn't need. Also a JL order came which had a few bits in.

Exercise: Still getting over the 11K steps per day I did whilst away (round shops). Now battery gone in step counter :D shame

Heating: still off

Grateful for: Gifted cake for pudding, making progress on clearing, even I was surprised to see the cellar still looking better when I got back, windfall apples to make spiced apples, finding beef for tomorrow, so no spends needed.

Frog: think it will have to be eBay - hate doing it but must!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bizzie wrote: »
    Check in 20/31 and NSD #11.
    Kerry Woman we used to have an issue with mice, especially when the dc were young and had a habit of dropping food all the time, when the weather turned cold they ventured inside for somewhere warm and dry. We tried traps through out the house, peppermint oil, high frequency plugins - which only affected the dc who could hear them. Finally dh (anti pet) gave in and allowed me to rehome a cat which became two as I couldn't separate them from their sibling now could I(!).
    Problem resolved.

Glad that you managed to sort out your issue with the mice. Sadly I cannot get a cat as I am allergic to them. :(
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all - just checking in!

Today is NSD number 15 :j tomorrow will definitely be a spendy day as I need to go to aldi, post a parcel etc.

DSs are also at the dentist and doctors tomorrow so it will be fairly full on.

Not loads planned in the way of being organised today as we are swimming this morning and then hub is back tonight.

Have a good day everyone :D
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess - you are right, I live in Lunnon, but mum is in bham, and we were travelling up to visit her. Hence being on a New Street platform all ready to bump into some friends who we last saw 3+ years ago and 160 miles away!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    Yesterday was NSD 9/12. This staying in might not be good for the exercise but it sure stops me spending money!
    Almost finished clearing the toiletries. It was a much bigger job than I thought. Whilst going through them I found three lovely (and expensive) bottles of bath foam with matching soap which I given as a present. I gave them to the 18 year old next door who was delighted. Her mother works for a charity which provides residential care and support for adults with learning difficulties so she's taken the rest (a big box full). Apparently most of the residents don't have family or friends who visit and, therefore, don't get many little gifts so she was really pleased to have them and she says she would be happy to accept anything else which I think might be appropriate.That's really good to know. Some of the jewellery might be an idea for the ladies.
    Whilst I was there her husband offered to take up some flooring for me in preparation for the new central heating system going in. That's a great relief as I had no idea where to start and it's taken a weight off my mind.
    I telephoned and cancelled my mobile contract. My son has been going on at me to do it for ages because it is expensive for what I get and it is a very basic phone. So he's ordered me a new smart phone for just a couple of more pounds a month. I haven't done it before because I hate phoning companies, banks etc. Another frog gone!
    Still eating from the freezer. You must think it has elastic sides! Oh and we got a £10 M & S voucher just for registering to manage an existing insurance policy online.
    So yesterday was a satisfying day. Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'm off to hunt more frogs.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ah I see apple, sorry for getting confused.

Today should be a SFD, I am working on the woodwork prep and painting today, although I think only the primer will get done today. The prep has taken me a couple of hours so far!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    May The odds be ever in your favour.

My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,296 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Happy Sunday everyone :)

Today is NSD 6/15.

Extra money this week £14.98 TCB payout.

Got £2.49 left in my spends pot but new budget starts tomorrow. Food budget is £209.47/£250 so just £40.53 to last until the end of the month - doable as got plenty in.

Big batch of roast root veg soup made for work lunches and still using up freezer stocks for evening meals.

Had to order some stuff online for the house refurb yesterday but went through TCB and got 20% off DD's wardrobe and mattress from Argos. Plasterer should be finished Wednesday. Painter starts in 2 weeks. Must remember to book in carpet people and hire skip tomorrow.

Here's to a good week for all of us :beer:
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 22 October 2017 at 7:25PM
    Options
    Day 22
    NSD achieved 16/20
    Used what I had in - food etc.
    Started to do kitchen cupboards this morning. Only did the 4/5 under the work surface/kitchen sink. The rest of the cupboards will be done during the week. Had to have a rest after doing it due to the arthritis. So at least I have started to deal with one of my frogs.
    Did a few extra small bits around the flat this afternoon.
    Have not read my book today.
    Will include sorting out cupboards and few other bits around the flat as exercise.
    Grateful for:
    Making a start in sorting out/organising the kitchen cupboards.
    Having a chilled out evening.
    Having a rest during the day.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Day 22

NSDs: 15/15
    Exercise: Cycled - 2/12
    10k steps - 6/22
    Food Budget: 96.48/100
    Extra Income: 110.51/150
    Study min 1 hour per day: 3/12

I might just finish the month below target on the food spend which I am extremely happy with, this has been the one area I have struggled to cut back on but I am finally getting there!

I have learnt this month to be more realistic with my goals, I think if they are more realistic then you are more likely to stick with them, if you feel they are going to be impossible then you will get to a point where you begin to think 'this is impossible so I'm just going to give up and start again next month'. The problem then is that you start again with the same unrealistic targets. I have done this so much in the past and now I know why I kept failing.

Today I am grateful for chances, no matter how much mess we get ourselves into we always find ourselves with the chance to improve. Life can be what we want it to be provided we are willing to go and get it.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport