NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check in 22/31 another NSD now 13/15 so target well in sight.
    Quiet day pottering around so loads to do tomorrow now but that normally works best for me - the more I have to do the more I get done.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

NSD still 10/15

Not an NSD today as I bought some things for Christmas..online. Did go through cashback sites & did get a 20% code..

Organise: Yet more washing & ironing of same. Did a fair bit on bedroom, still plenty more to go. Discovered DHs cord coat collar(which had been hung on the outside of my fitted wardrobes) has deposited dye stain on door. Will have to be repainted (or something else hung over it).:mad: Actually see some floor space now...

Had quite a lot of cooking to do in the end...meant to be a Sunday roast but discovered it was a brisket joint. Ended up cutting into thick slices, cooking in red wine & onions. Prep spuds for mash, carrots & peas. Decided to use up some more windfalls & made a Mary Berry Dorset Apple tray bake. Slightly hampered by being unable to find second beater for mixer in a hurry so only used one, still turned out OK. DD turned up (predictably) for the meal.

Lunch: Scrambled egg on toast from the egg mountain.

Supper: Braised Beef in red wine, mash carrots & peas. Enough left for another meal even though the others had seconds.. Pudding was Dorset Apple tray bake with cream (well elmlea)

Food budget: £191.96/250

Be kind: Yep still trying hard with this..

One more time: Mainly to plan but see menu above.

Extra Income: None today although my cashback is looking good

Christmas
    : Got a few things bought online, used cashback sites & codes to get best deal. Realised I have 4 pairs of socks finished - just needing the Kitchener stitch on toes...

Exercise: Not really

Heating: still off

Grateful for: all meals from stocks so no need to spend any cash, room looking better, finishing one pair of socks - & starting another, being held accountable on here it makes a difference :rotfl:

Frog: think it will have to be eBay - hate doing it but must!! still didn't do any of this, but realise I need to actually sort out some stuff ready, will try!

Mothernerd : hope you are feeling better
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

another SFD today, no wallet, no money. Will pop to the gym at lunch time and got my lunch with me to.

Not much else to report this morning

Have a nice day

(tried to have the heating of too as it is still about 10C outside. But our house still cools down to 15C if I do that and it's not doable. Back on the timer went this morning)
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Thought id posted but now cant see it.

Been to aldi today boots and iceland. Spent up for the month except about 1.50:rotfl: :eek:

However Im fairly sure I have enough to manage until Friday. I really do not want to dib into savings as ive had plenty this month and hub hasn't been here so if I cant stick to budget this month I never will.

Just going through xmas cupboards and doing a stock take. :o

Really need to push on wiith house work- no rest for the wicked!!
  • Toni'sfriend
    Options
    I have now decluttered the toiletries and jewellery. So the bathroom and bedroom are just about ready for moving stuff so the radiators and new boiler can be installed. Not going to do that till next Monday otherwise we'll be climbing over furniture to get into bed for the next week. Today I'm going to start on the kitchen. Have to put the lampshade back up. Been lying around for months because I can't see how to do it and nobody else is interested. That's today's frog.
    Didn't manage a NSD yesterday as I had to buy things for the boys packed lunch but that was all.
    Still eating from the freezers. Going to tidy both today so we can see exactly where we are with that. Still think there's loads in there.
    Had a little walk but won't manage anything today as the new phone is arriving.
    Just having a cup of coffee and then I'll get started.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Just keep plodding.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Sorry turtles. I am okay(ish). Arm is much better. Not acheived as much as I wanted to over the weekend. Surprised at how easily I get tired. However this morning the irritating cough has taken a turn for the worse and another 'run down' indicator has appeared.

Googled it (used the NHs site) and it's not catching but may have to buy a couple of things to help get rid of it quicker - plus a list as long as my arm of things I am not supposed to eat.

Will be back later, need to get ready and run now. Well waddle slowly and comically (to everyone else).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get better soon mothernerd and take it easy.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 23 October 2017 at 4:13PM
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're poorly mothernerd

Despite DS cutting some teeth and being pretty grumpy, today has been good so far. Walked to the shops but didn't buy anything not on my list. (If I get the bus tomorrow but then don't spend anything else, does that count as a NSD?) Then we came home, did a very tiny amount of housework and some crafts. Not much planned for the rest of the day really. Hoping to get some uni work done. Might tackle a frog, not sure what yet.

Had some money through from TCB, which is handy. Edited to add - also cashed out £5 Amazon voucher from swagbucks.

Groceries £23.60/£77.41
    Petrol £0/£58.06
    NSD 0/6
    "Beauty" and Entertainment £50.02/£63.87
    Extra income £27.78/£24
    Exercise 2/6
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pauper dont quote me i think you can count it. I dont count fuel ive budgeted for and its sort of the same lol.

Christmas cupboards looking very organised' rest of thr house not so much. But i need to have a brew and a sit down as im getting overwhelmed. However if i get it done then todays been fairly productive .

Tomorrow im goinh to go running & start getting up early - theyre my frogs.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure