Gorbar Posts: 111 Forumite
    Options
    Thomas Cook are not even replying to the Greek CAA
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    BA is handling bmibaby claims.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • Fat-Tony
    Options
    Hi all,

BA have agreed to compensate me €600 for a delayed flight back in 2007. I received the cheque this morning and I have no idea what exchange rate they have used?

The cheque is for £429 but by my calculations it should be £492. Could this be the exchange rate from 2007 or have they just picked a random figure hoping people won't check? Has anyone had any experience of this? Can I ask for the cheque in Euros?

Thanks in advance.
  • LBD
    LBD Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    daily watchdog mentioned it, don't think they made contact with Monarch any of the other airlines, was the same pro gramme about holiday nightmares and they did highlight 3 people's cases who got refunds, but it was nothing dedicated to this issue, it was jsut a suggestion.
  • grr8dane
    Options
    I see that a from October 2012 a claim for compensation can be made as far back as 2005 if you had a delay. In April 2006 we had a delay of 5 hours and 10 minutes within the EU with Excel Airway's who went into administration in 2008. Does this mean the chance of claiming has ceased or would there be an alternative professional body in which to submit a claim. Any thoughts or suggestions?
  • chris_h16
    Options
    richardw wrote: »
    BA is handling bmibaby claims.

Thanks richardw
    Just been reading up on the acquisition of the mbi group which owned bmibaby. Looks like IAG bought bmi and IAG is formed from the merger if BA and Iberia. BA took on the routes of bmi I believe.
    So its BA rather than IAG I should claim from?
    I don't suppose you have the details? On Martin's article I think he said just look up the airlines complaints procedure. Is that correct?
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    grr8dane wrote: »
    I see that a from October 2012 a claim for compensation can be made as far back as 2005 if you had a delay. In April 2006 we had a delay of 5 hours and 10 minutes within the EU with Excel Airway's who went into administration in 2008. Does this mean the chance of claiming has ceased or would there be an alternative professional body in which to submit a claim. Any thoughts or suggestions?

No claim as the airline went bust
  • Aidy1972
    Options
    LBD wrote: »

My letter was a mixture of both what I got on here and my own work.... am happy to post it if you wish, but will tell you now, they will not respond....

Mine was sent late October, they employed the delaying tactic of the claim form which was returned via email and recorded delivery ...they got that on the 2/11/2012...

Today no response from Monarch, court paperwork submitted in December...

if I can be of any help just ask..
    Hi, got my 2nd e-mail from them yesterday saying they are still investigating the circumstances of the delay. Upto know i've had 1 letter and 2 emails since I posted my letter. Heres hoping. Let me know how you get on, i'll do same.
  • chris_h16
    Options
    We don't have the booking ref. It was a flight in 2005 so naturally haven't kept booking info. Surely if we have passenger details and flight number, dates and times then they have records if passengers checked in to the flight.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    IAG is not an 'operating air carrier', BA and Iberia are though.

They may have records, perhaps ask them nicely and see what happens.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback