12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• khal327
    khal327 Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    My absolute pleasure.. it is a fabulous little app :)

I have a perfect little person growing according to the scan.. I have a sealed envelope with the gender.. and I am not opening it.. I know what it is and I don't want confirmation.

The sonographer has also binned my 12 week scan pic I think.. :(

Brilliant, glad your scan went well. Lol you have alot more will power than i have. I was asked if i wanted gender in a envelope but knew as soon as i got home i would rip it open:D
  • moneypenny21
    Options
    Hi crazy cat lady! Huge congratulations and welcome. Good luck for the scan tomorrow. They always make me nervous, try to enjoy it if you can! :)

Pigpen - I think its just an in-law thing :D ooh I couldn't have an envelope and not peep!

My iron was 132 at booking, went to GP as I said I feel really tired as though anaemic, "I'm sure you couldn't have dropped that many points in just 9 weeks" - tested last week its 118. 120 is normal, receptionist said normal and no action. It dropped to 100 last time and I narrowly missed having a blood transfusion at the birth. Is it worth trying to see the GP to get iron tablets or wait until/if it drops further?
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone

Hi crazy-cat-lady :wave: congrats.

We got back from a lovely long break yesterday much needed. I had my 16w MW appointment today totally gutted the MW couldn't find the heartbeat. She was happy enough hearing the placenta but I felt a bit gutted. Trying to reassure myself alls fine we have our gender scan on Saturday so I'll hear it then. Had a bit of a meltdown on the phone to DH after I came out - bless him, stupid hormones!

really hoping I can sleep tonight not slept longer than 4 hours for weeks and I'm in desperate need for sleep.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 40,998 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    oh its not will power I really don't want to know.. I have 8 girls.. confirmation this is another girl might do me in!! I know I will love it regardless and will cope once it is in my arms but the thought right now makes me want to cry.. and I know its not a boy. I am therefore more than happy to wait!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • pigpen
    Options
    My iron was 132 at booking, went to GP as I said I feel really tired as though anaemic, "I'm sure you couldn't have dropped that many points in just 9 weeks" - tested last week its 118. 120 is normal, receptionist said normal and no action. It dropped to 100 last time and I narrowly missed having a blood transfusion at the birth. Is it worth trying to see the GP to get iron tablets or wait until/if it drops further?

they don't do transfusions unless under 7Hb (70) here and then it depends on who you are it seems.. 10 (or 100) they would just give iron tablets. I was 5.1 (51) after one of mine and was still not given or offered a transfusion.. it is all very much dependent on area and if your face fits.

the actual HB level is pretty irrelevant it is the iron store they should be checking without that you cant make new red cells if that is low then you need help.

mine was 97 at booking.. other than a bit light headed at times which is normal given I also have low Bp I have no symptoms at all.

If you were concerned you could buy a pregnancy supplement which all contain iron and take those.
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Rinroo, if the MW was happy Id take it as a good sign and try to look forward to your next scan. I also have our gender scan on Saturday, so exciting..

I hear ya on the sleeping issue. I keep waking myself up as I usually sleep on my tummy but obviously can't now. It's a pain in the bum. Going to get myself a nice pregnancy pillow this weekend to see if it will help support me a tad better. Between that and lavender sprays I'm hoping I'll get a decent kip!

Pigpen, glad to hear the scan went well anyways, you can always look at the envelope when your ready to do it.
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
  • pigpen
    Options
    tata.. that's why I asked, I won't get another chance to find out so thought it best to have it there for when OH's mother has gone home and I can blubber in peace.. I guess I really should tell my mother about it though.. (21 weeks today! lol)

I'm really in a flap about how big this baby will be.. they moved my dates forward 9 days at booking due to the length .. meaning it happened a week before conception could possibly have taken place .. no bedroom activity and I still had AF (CD6).. and now it is measuring on the 95th centile... it's going to be absolutely ginormous!!!! I am pretty terrified of having a baby the size of a soap opera one.. you know the 'born at 6 months old type'?
  • rinroo
    rinroo Posts: 945 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    tata: That's exactly what I'm going to do this weekend get a pregnancy pillow. Good luck with your scan, not going to lie I'm hoping i'm going to be team pink as I'm already outnumbered by boys ;)

Pigpen: "I am pretty terrified of having a baby the size of a soap opera one.. you know the 'born at 6 months old type'?" sorry but that made me laugh :rotfl:
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Re pregnancy pillows, I saw this one on offer in Argos for under a tenner, it has 4 and half stars but I can't read the reviews on my crappy work pc! Might be ok...

I still just feel in limbo now, no bump yet, just feeling fat. All my symptoms have gone, apart from tiredness. I'm 17+2weeks now.

Don't suppose any of you know of any free or cheap online courses I could do to kill time in work? I've been moved to admin as it's too dangerous to do my normal job when pregnant, and I can do all the admin by lunch so thought I might as well try and upskill myself in work time!! Work won't mind as long as the work is done and I stop if something urgent comes up to do.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • tatabubbly
    Options
    Thanks Flutterby, I've my eye on one that looks comfy. Hope it gives a bit of relief! Hehe

Rinroo, this is our first so I've no preference or inkling to what baby is. Just can't wait till Saturday now to see the little thing who's been sitting on my bladder :D
    094 Sealed pot member! :beer: (7) €185 (8) €138 (9) €€250
    Saving for our first home!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport