12-24 weeks pregnant (part 4)

Options

Comments

• Toots14
    Toots14 Posts: 262 Forumite
    Options
    I have the dream genii (sp?) pillow which I find supportive. Helps me stay on my left hand side most of the night and it is keeping me off my tummy which seems to be expanding rapidly. Everyone thinks I am further gone than I am.

I am 24 weeks today. Yay. It is our first wedding anniversary this weekend too so DH has treated me to a 3d scan next weekend whilst we are away celebrating in Glasgow. Very exciting!
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Happy anniversary Toots, enjoy your weekend away!

I am struggling with wearing my work belt at the moment, and I'm only 17+2weeks! I work in a prison so must wear a belt with my keys/chain/pouch on it at all times. My rapidly expanding tummy is feeling a bit squished. I have no idea how to solve this over the next few months. If I wear belt lower I will struggle to get my keys out (and I need them a million times a day) and if I wear it higher it will be under my boobs! :rotfl: I have ordered a belt two sizes bigger which I should hopefully get in next couple weeks, but still don't think that will help much.
    * Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *
  • skintbuthappy81
    Options
    Evening all, hope you are all well, excellent news about the scans and welcome to the newbies. Pig- How the hell you haven't opened that envelope yet I will never know, I get your reasons for not opening it but just having it there would stress the hell out of me.

Well we have just returned from our week away (part with family in Milton Keynes and part in London) hmmm maybe London wasn't the best idea, we did far to much walking which I don't normally mind but my back, bump and feet are done for now.

23+1 today for me and the itching is still as bad as ever so I am not sleeping at all, I went to the Pharmacy in London who gave me a calamine cream but it doesn't work. I am going to have to try and get an appt for Drs in the morning and see if they can give me anything else. Has your itching gone down now Gelly?
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • jtr2803
    jtr2803 Posts: 3,232 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all

Apologies for not posting, I hope everyone is well despite the hormones, in-laws and work problems!

You might have seen the story of the little girl who died on valentines day from meningitis? That was my friends daughter and in trying to encourage and support the petition I somehow ended up on local radio stations, local news and the BBC as well as being mentioned / quoted in some online news reports. I'm so amazed by the response but it's been insane and emotionally draining. I've had constant calls, Facebook messages and requests, it's made me so tired.

Hopefully at the weekend I'll get a chance to catch up properly!

Very happily married on 10th April 2013 :D
    Spero Meliora
    Trying to find a cure for Maldivesitis :rotfl:
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I saw you on the telly! I'm so sorry for your friend's loss JTR. Must be devastating for her, and the family. Can't have been easy for you either (hugs).

As for the Argos bodypillow, I have it and find it very comfortable. My sister swore by the Dream Genii one, but I think it's about £40. She did give me her old one, but it's too squashed and old really, so I haven't been using it.
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Oh JTR, your poor friend, the story is so tragic. Good on you for helping promote it but please remember to look after yourself x

Has anyone else found themselves really angry/annoyed for no particular reason? Weds night I was in a right grump for no reason, last night I had the mother of all headaches and that made me grumpy. Today I was meant to be on a training course all afternoon so have rushed my days work into the morning, only to have the course cancelled at short notice. And I am in such a rage over it. It's not helped by the fact that I am all on my own in my office, so have noone to talk to!

I'm meant to be going to pregnancy yoga tonight, first time, but whilst I think it may relax me, I am really not in the mood to meet new people and give it a go. Will give it an hour or so to see if I change my mind before cancelling.

• skintbuthappy81
    skintbuthappy81 Posts: 995 Forumite
    edited 19 February 2016 at 7:55PM
    Options
    Well so much for me getting a drs appt today, the earliest they can see me is Monday so I made the appt. I got in work at 2pm and by half past my face and chest flared up like crazy. I called the midwife who asked me to come into hospital asap for blood tests to rule out problems with my liver.
    They said I will get the results this weekend but they are almost certain it is either an allergy or my hormones. Fingers crossed it is! My skin is on fire and covered in a rash now .

Flutter I would go to yoga it might make you feel better once you are there and you can start relaxing.
    Married 1st October 2015:heartpuls

1st Baby due June 2016 :happylove
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Didn't make it to yoga, wasn't in the mood even though it would have destressed me.

Came home and my OH suggested we pop to shops to get something nice for dinner. I went to put on a pair of daps (umm hang on thats the Welsh word, English way to describe them is like canvas trainers), and they ripped on the side as I tried to put them on! They are old and flimsy, but I burst into tears and sobbed about the fact that I'm even too fat for my shoes! OH found this hilarious, but managed to hug me and tell me I wasn't! That's my first proper mental hormonal freak out :rotfl:

Last night I woke up with a pain on my left side, felt a bit like a stitch but lower down. Had it for about 2hrs, still feel it slightly now but nowhere near as bad as it was. Don't think it was round ligament pain, felt different. Might have been trapped wind cos I was quite bloaty.

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,014 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    flutter.. could it be constipation? that is usually lower left pain. Highly likely if taking anything with iron in.

I have always fancied the aquanatal classes.. but don't think my hips would enable the getting into or out of the water.. I can't get in the bath (Not had a bath for months!!)
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Don't think it's constipation, went twice yesterday morning!! I did eat a very big dinner, which is why I thought I was bloaty. It's still niggling me today, nowhere near as bad though.

Had my first nesting moment today, I decided to tidy the garage! We are lucky to have a big garage with 4 sets of shelves built in. When we moved in we just dumped stuff randomly and have added to it over the year we have been here. There is an Ikea shelving unit in there, left by the landlord, which I've been wanting to put together and bring in house but wasn't sure if all the pieces were there. So I went and tidied! I took the radio with me, spent an hour sorting the stuff out into relevant groups on the shelves, freed up two sets of the shelves and moved all the bits for the Ikea unit to the front (we need to buy screws but otherwise it is all there :) ).

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport