Charities board update
Please note, our Forum rules no longer allow the posting of links to personal fundraising or crowdfunding pages, such as JustGiving. You can read the full set of our Forum rules here.

Used postage stamps - who wants some? MERGED

Options

Comments

• Piggles12345
    Piggles12345 Posts: 736 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I was wondering whether anyone knows of any charities that collected used postage stamps?

When I was at primary school, a teacher used to collect stamps for a charity and she got me into the habit of collecting them, although I don't know any charities that accept them.

The library when I used to live used to take stamps for charity but they stopped doing it some years ago so I have building up a mountain of them ever since! Now, I am moving home in a few months and don't really want to take them all with me- I will start a new collection in my new area!

I'd preferably like them to go to an animal charity, but if anyone has any suggestions, they are all greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
    'I can't deny the British influence on my accent and mannerisms, but I don't know the British national anthem, I didn't weep for Princess Diana and I always cheer when Britain loses at sport. That's how British I am' Constantine-Simms. :T

On God: 'The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike' D. B. McKown :T
  • Mark7799
    Mark7799 Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I get a lot of mail and have taken a full carrier bag of stamps to both the Red Cross and Oxfam locally before now.
    Gwlad heb iaith, gwlad heb galon
  • oldtoolie
    oldtoolie Posts: 750 Forumite
    Options
    Interesting question ahai1. I Googled and found nothing.

I did find this in an online directory for stock photography but the website doesn't work:

Company Education Distribution Services
    Contact Barry Wiles(Director)
    Address Drywall Estate
    Castle Road
    Sittingbourne
    Kent
    England
    ME10 3RL
    Telephone 01795 427614
    Fax 01795 474871
    Websitewww.edist.co.uk
    [EMAIL="Emailb_wiles@edist.co.uk"]Email b_wiles@edist.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Perhaps someone would like to email or telephone Mr Wiles to find out if this fundraising effort is ongoing and what the arrangements are.
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    HarperL wrote: »
    Many thanks for having somewhere that I can send used postage stamps to for a good cause. We have been collecting them for the guide dogs for the blind but unfortunately they have advised me that they will not be collecting them after December . I will be sending some in the near future to.

Really. I know of at least 3 yellow boxes that collect stamps for guide dog for the blind.

The latest only being today. And it has only arrived in the last month. And the other I have seen since the start of the new year.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • ahai1
    ahai1 Posts: 1,589 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Shame as I would have loved to look at them for more details.
  • Savvy_Sue
    Savvy_Sue Posts: 46,030 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'll merge this with another thread we have about collecting postage stamps for charities!
    Signature removed for peace of mind
  • alisonmawby
    Options
    Anyone know of anyone who buys used postage stamps from charities? I work for a charity and we've been collecting for some time now, all are pre-trimmed, just need to find a good buyer? Thanks, Al
  • RichyRich
    RichyRich Posts: 2,090 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Try this company

HtH
    Rich
    #145 Save £12k in 2016 Challenge: £12,062.62/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £5,027.78 CHALLENGE MET
    #060 Save £12k in 2017 Challenge: £11,03.70/£12,000.00 Beginning Balance: £12,976.79 Shortfall: £996.30:eek:
    This is the secret message.
  • merlins_mum_2
    Options
    :A
    Princessa wrote: »
    Hello!

I remember, when I was younger, that my Nan used to cut used stamps off her post, and give them to a charity. I don't know anything else about it, and was wondering if anyone else did? I don't know if I've totally mixed up what was happening, or if this isn't needed anymore, but I thought I'd ask since I get alot of mail and if they can be used somehow they may aswell be.

Thanks!
    bransby home of rest for horses , bransby,saxilby,lincoln, ln1 2ph. take used postage stamps ,i send mine there
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure