Vodafone appearing on credit report

Options

Comments

• Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi Ryan806,

Thanks for making me aware of your query.

I've got your email and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Ryan806
    Options
    Hi Lee. This has already been dealt with by the directors office, thanks for helping anyway.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Ryan806,

Thanks for letting me know that it's all sorted.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Jessness
    Options
    Exact same thing has happened to me - Vodafone is showing as an open credit account despite me leaving them last April, after a lot of grief and hassle! Glad I spotted it on my credit report now before I apply for a mortgage.
    Have filled in the form - WRT135 [#18088478] - so hope to get this sorted soon.
  • Vodafone
    Options
    Hi Jessness,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

I've checked your email reference and can see that one of my colleagues replied to you a couple of days ago.

If you need any further help, just reply to our email.

Kind regards,

Lee

Vodafone Social Media
  • nadhaw
    nadhaw Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Hi, this is my case number Re: WRT135 [#19730303]. I have left Vodafone 2.5 years ago and have repeatedly requested them to delete any association with them from my Credit Report and nothing has happened. I have been in touch with the CEO several times and there is no balance outstanding and I have been promised 6 months ago that any association would be deleted and it still hasn't happened. Please please help. Thank you
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    They won’t remove the account from your credit files. It will be on there for 6 years from the date of closure or default, whichever came sooner
  • nadhaw
    Options
    Not true as they removed my husbands immediately when he raised a complaint with them a week before me. He had left Vodafone 3 months after me too and when I contacted them 6 months ago they said its not a problem, they will do it now and it will be gone within a month but yet again they have lied to me.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well not sure why - they’re entitled to report the account following closure or default for 6 years.

There’s no pressing reason to have it removed.
  • nadhaw
    Options
    Apart from it still being shown as active and not closed but with £0 balance and it dragging my credit score down.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback