MSE News: BT to hike broadband and call prices and charge TV customers for BT Sport

Options

Comments

• Bmwm3gt2
    Bmwm3gt2 Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    How does this work if you have mobile sims on the account, can you cancel them also or just landline and broadband?
  • Sun-Is-Fun
    Options
    Another BT price rise...what a surprise ! Watch all the others follow suit now as well. Something needs to be done to the telecommunications industry, as they are constantly putting up prices. My rant over !
  • darren72
    darren72 Posts: 1,288 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What happens with the router if you cancel the contract early due to the price increase ?

I no longer have the router and TV box (as I wasn't expecting to leave early). I assume I will need to pay a fee as I won't be able to return them !?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    BT have just announced they've bought the rights for Boxnation which probably explains the new charge for the BT app. They want to challenge Sky on the boxing front as well and this is possibly the easiest, cheapest (for them) option.
  • zoso121
    zoso121 Posts: 27 Forumite
    Options
    My dad has BT Broadband, Line Rental saver & anytime calls package. He only has 2 months left on his contract. If he did want to migrate early from BT after receiving notification of the price raise, how does that work with switching to another provider, such as Talk Talk or Plus net. ? He wants to keep his existing phone number.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    zoso121 wrote: »
    My dad has BT Broadband, Line Rental saver & anytime calls package. He only has 2 months left on his contract. If he did want to migrate early from BT after receiving notification of the price raise, how does that work with switching to another provider, such as Talk Talk or Plus net. ? He wants to keep his existing phone number.

It's not due to take effect until the start of April so it wouldn't affect him anyway since he'll be beyond his minimum term by then.
  • steveE2
    steveE2 Posts: 1,303 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
  • AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    can you negotiate with BT like you can with other providers ?
  • anneliese123
    Options
    They have you over a barrel
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    zoso121 wrote: »

You contact the receiving provider and they sort things out, but when I left BT for Sky, I double checked with BT , after getting Sky's confirmation (just to be sure).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure