IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking ticket from excel parking services limited

Options

Comments

• designergraphics
    Options
    Quick update to my original post:
    Just got a phone call asking to speak with my daughter. I said 'hang on' went to call her, thinking it strange she should get a call on our land line as she always uses her mobile, then had a feeling I knew who was calling. I said she wasn't available and asked who was calling. You guessed it, Graham White 'solicitors'. I told them to stop calling this number and they said they needed to speak with my daughter and asked me to ask her to phone them back - as if!! I told them she wouldn't be returning their call because I wouldn't be passing on any messages from them and told them again to stop calling this number. The 'solicitor' said it was in my best interest to pass the message on. I said I doubted that and if they felt they could prove me wrong they were welcome to my name. The 'solicitor' said she'd note of that on the file and I said in that case she'd need my name. She said that wasn't necessary! Thanks to this forum I've gone past caring what they do - even if they took my daughter to court I'd gladly pay the fine for the entertainment value I'm starting to get from the phone calls. Sad life isn't it?
  • More info about unsolicited phone calls.

I had a call from 07837667566 - Said they were Graham White Solicitors who just happen to be based on the same road as Roxburge Debt Collectors and said they were acting on behalf of Roxburge etc etc. The address for both companies is Lavender Park Road in West Byfleet. One is KT14 6ND and the other is KT14 6YX. Roxburge is a po box number Graham White are at Manor House. They are probably in the same office and one just uses a box number so it appears they are separate. Look on google street view it is only a really short road.
    Forums say that Graham White Solicitors is actually run by a solicitor called Michael Sobell and that there is no one by the name of Graham White and that it is just a company name. This is not the Graham White and Co. solicitors who are a different company altogether.
    For anyone reading this I suggest checking out the forums about "parking tickets" from private companies. Lots on Money Saving Expert forum and all over the internet. Don't be intimidated and don't answer any questions on the phone from Roxburge or anyone (from anywhere!) who calls seeking information. If it's genuine and important they will write to you and you can evaluate credentials etc.
    Read up before throwing money away!!!!
    Good luck.

There is a website called whocallsme . com and there it mentions a couple of numbers used by Roxburge / Graham White and these are 07837 667 555 and 07837 667 567
  • designergraphics
    Options
    Another phone call from Graham White 'solicitors' this morning asking if they could speak with my daughter. I said 'no'. They asked if I would tell her that they'd called and would call again, to which I say 'no', and that under no circumstances would she discuss any legal matter over the telephone and suggested they make any future contact in writing and make a note of that on their system. This is the third different parson to call so they must employ a number of staff.
  • Mrs_Nolan
    Options
    I received an excel PCN and challenged it by email and I have just received a letter telling me that my appeal has failed and I still need to pay. Does it make a difference that I appealed (using a Martin Lewis template)? Should I still ignore it?
  • taffy056
    taffy056 Posts: 4,895 Forumite
    Options
    Mrs_Nolan wrote: »
    I received an excel PCN and challenged it by email and I have just received a letter telling me that my appeal has failed and I still need to pay. Does it make a difference that I appealed (using a Martin Lewis template)? Should I still ignore it?

What a shocker, they turned it down !

Can I just say don't write to them again, don't pay them and don't be scared of fake demands, in fact just ignore them completely from now on.
    Excel Parking, MET Parking, Combined Parking Solutions, VP Parking Solutions, ANPR PC Ltd, & Roxburghe Debt Collectors. What do they all have in common?
    They are all or have been suspended from accessing the DVLA database for gross misconduct!
    Do you really need to ask what kind of people run parking companies?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    You must realise that the whole "appeals" process is a sham to give the parking companies a veneer of respectability. In truth the process is carried out by the parking company itself and it's part of their business model to refuse the vast majority of cases, otherwise they would never make any money.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • designergraphics
    Options
    Another phone call from Graham White 'solicitors' this morning asking if they could speak with my daughter. I said 'no'. They asked if I would tell her that they'd called and would call again, to which I say 'no', and that under no circumstances would she discuss any legal matter over the telephone and suggested they make any future contact in writing and make a note of that on their system. This is the third different parson to call so they must employ a number of staff.

Yet another phone call today - the staff must be after a Christmas bonus! This time, as soon as I said 'hello' they hung up. I'm wondering if they might have made a note on their system to the effect that if a male answers just hang up because he's obstructive. I dialled 1471 and knew immediately it was them because the recorded message doesn't bother with the usual polite introduction of saying who they are, it just says 'please enter your reference number'.
    The number this time was 01932332049.

I'm hoping they might phone again later as I'm starting to enjoy our little chats, they're much more entertaining than their threatening letters.
  • alnorris
    Options
    Hi everyone, thanks so much for all the advice on here. We got a PCN from Excel Parking at our local retail park yesterday, but have decided to ignore it following all the posts on here.

Fingers crossed!
  • bromsgrovebarry
    Options
    Do not bother crossing your finger because nothing will happen apart from getting a series of silly letters threatening all sorts of fates worse than death. Just ignore. Excel do not do court, last time they tried they had their butts kicked severely. Now tell everybody you know to ignore these silly 'fines' from Private Parking Contractors as they have NO legal validity.
    Still waiting for Parking Eye to send the court summons! Make my day!
  • constanceb
    Options
    Hi,

Just a quick update with regards to the Excel ticket I received back in August, I have received a couple of red, threatening letters from both Excel and from Graham White solicitors, but I've not heard anything for quite a while now...so it seems (fingers crossed) that you were right! :) Thanks for your advice and support everyone !

Has anybody had any dealings with a company called CPS (Concept Parking Services)? I haven't been able find anything on this site as of yet.

Thanks again all
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport