Cold weather payments: quickly check if you're entitled

Options

Comments

• minibug
    minibug Posts: 144 Forumite
    Options
    i gave them a call today and they seid im getting a payment tomorrow and on around the 20 th jan im in wolverhampton area
    its not only old people who are disabled
    Aaron born: 3 june 2007:j
    chloe born: 13 june 2009:j
  • buster1976
    Options
    i recieve employment and support main phase work related comp.
    i wasnt sure if i was eligable,in december i went on direct gov
    postcode checker and payments(2 of them) had already been issued
    in my postal area,but me still nothing,
    i was also informed british gas gave people £12 if they had a key quantum meter all people had to do was take the letter and there key to the post office
    again me nope,im in debt with british gas and im putting £10 every other day i cant afford it :confused::confused:
  • purpleheart_3
    Options
    I,m on income based jobseekers allowance but I haven,t received any cold weather payment yet
  • snaffles
    Options
    i am in manchester and recieved a 2nd one today first was around new year, still have one to come though .
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I,m on income based jobseekers allowance but I haven,t received any cold weather payment yet

Do you also have one of the qualifying elements?

A disability premium, enhanced disability premium or severe disability premium
    A disabled child premium
    Child Tax Credit that includes a disability or severe disability element
    A child who is under five in the family
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • richard9991
    richard9991 Posts: 1,618 Forumite
    Options
    snaffles wrote: »
    i am in manchester and recieved a 2nd one today first was around new year, still have one to come though .
    recived 1 cwp in bank today it triggered on the 8/1/10 wn8 post code crosby weather station
  • SuzySF
    SuzySF Posts: 118 Forumite
    Options
    it says I am eligible for 3 payments, but i have just checked my bank stats and there is no payments showing at all.

I've had a look at the Govt site but it does not mention IncapcityBenefit. Do people on that qualify ?
    What goes around - comes around
    give lots and you will always recieve lots
  • johnshepherduk
    Options
    I've just checked my postcode it says I am entitiled to 3 payments but have not received anything yet.:snow_grin
  • SingleSue
    SingleSue Posts: 11,699 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am afraid that IB is not a qualifying benefit.
    We made it! All three boys have graduated, it's been hard work but it shows there is a possibility of a chance of normal (ish) life after a diagnosis (or two) of ASD. It's not been the easiest route but I am so glad I ignored everything and everyone and did my own therapies with them.
    Eldests' EDS diagnosis 4.5.10, mine 13.1.11 eekk - now having fun and games as a wheelchair user.
  • suzie246
    Options
    I'm on income support. Have been told I'm not going to receive any help with winter payouts as I dont have a child under 5. I do have two seven yr old twins. an 18yr daughter with epilepsy. a friend on the same benefit as myself also claiming for 2 independent children also struggleing £150 a wk and also putting £30+ a wk into a gas meter is receiving the winter payout! because one of her children is under 5......hello??? do my children NOT feel the cold at 7 as they would at 5 or under?. also if it is 1c my heating is on as much as it would be at -1c. I urge the gov to have a re-think on how the system is worked out.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure