🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Cold weather payments: quickly check if you're entitled

Options

Comments

• bargainmum54
    Options
    I should have checked my account first before posting, as one has been paid in today. Thanks for your help
  • AfroKinky1
    Options
    FaithLee wrote: »
    just checked as my husband receives DLA and incapacity benefit. they refuse to give it to you unless you are on a means tested benefit. really sucks as he cold receive £50 in the allowance :confused:

A low income is a low income right?
  • lyniced
    lyniced Posts: 1,880 Forumite
    Options
    I get DLA at higher rate for both and hubby gets CA for me - we have no other income at the mo as he is unemployed (been living on an ever-increasing overdraft!) so would I be eligible? Who do I nee to contact? Thanks.
    Me transmitte sursum, caledoni
  • MrLeeLee
    MrLeeLee Posts: 163 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Up to about a year ago I was on incapacity benefits and DLA due to being a wheelchair user. I wanted to make something of my life so I found myself a temporary job, this last 3 months and I was happy to sign off of incapacity benefits. I have struggled to find a job since and so have been on jobseekers allowance along with DLA. I get housing benefit to help with rent. Could anyone tell me if I qualify for the cold weather payment or if someone point me in the direction of someone I can call to find out that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee
  • suzie246
    suzie246 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    how many days have the schools been closed? including teacher training.
    i have the heating off in the day when they have been at school.
    isn't it alot colder in the evening???
    when the children were 4 they were at nursery all day.
  • geoff11
    geoff11 Posts: 468 Forumite
    Options
    lyniced wrote: »
    I get DLA at higher rate for both and hubby gets CA for me - we have no other income at the mo as he is unemployed (been living on an ever-increasing overdraft!) so would I be eligible? Who do I nee to contact? Thanks.
    your not eligable sorry.
  • simmo1971
    Options
    H i all my wife inquired for the cold weather payment as of yet we have not received anything ........I am self employed i have two children 1= 14 years 1= 6 years and me and my wife 38 years .....i claim working tax credits along with child tax credits ,my wife does not work as she is a carer for my eldest son who suffers from a very rare lung disorder , which entitles him to high rate mobility element and medium rate care element is there a reason why we dont get this payment ? many thanks .........
  • geoff11
    Options
    MrLeeLee wrote: »
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone could help me.

Up to about a year ago I was on incapacity benefits and DLA due to being a wheelchair user. I wanted to make something of my life so I found myself a temporary job, this last 3 months and I was happy to sign off of incapacity benefits. I have struggled to find a job since and so have been on jobseekers allowance along with DLA. I get housing benefit to help with rent. Could anyone tell me if I qualify for the cold weather payment or if someone point me in the direction of someone I can call to find out that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Lee
    sorry lee you dont qualify.
  • suzie246
    suzie246 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    At 7 kids should be at school, under 5 they won't be, if they aren't home they don't need heating on
    how many days have the schools been closed? including teacher training.
    i have the heating off in the day when they have been at school.
    isn't it alot colder in the evening???
    when the children were 4 they were at nursery all day
  • geoff11
    Options
    simmo1971 wrote: »
    H i all my wife inquired for the cold weather payment as of yet we have not received anything ........I am self employed i have two children 1= 14 years 1= 6 years and me and my wife 38 years .....i claim working tax credits along with child tax credits ,my wife does not work as she is a carer for my eldest son who suffers from a very rare lung disorder , which entitles him to high rate mobility element and medium rate care element is there a reason why we dont get this payment ? many thanks .........
    use this to see if a cwp was triggered for your area then read the qualifying benefits below.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport