Flight Delay Compensation, Lufthansa Only

Options

Comments

• m0912329
    Options
    Well, we asked at service desk and they said that we had to rebook flights, we weren't offered option of waiting for flight to go and stay overnight in Munich. We had to go to border control again, pick up our luggages which were thrown out of plane. Although we did agree for rerouting seems as we weren't offered the 'wait and delay' option it did feel we weren't fully informed of all available options. I don't know if luggages were thrown out of plane with or without our consent.
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    According to flightstats the 07:25 departure was delayed over 4 hours. It certainly shows as operating so not cancelled
  • m0912329
    Options
    Yeah I am aware it was delayed, but it would have led to me missing the next connecting flight. They told me that I had to get another flight so does it still count as 'delayed' flight since I was denied boarding.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If you volunteered for re-routing, then you may not have a claim.

Or were you denied boarding?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • m0912329
    m0912329 Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 18 November 2013 at 11:27AM
    Options
    Well we asked what we should do and they said we had to rebook, we weren't told about the option to stick to the flight and wait overnight in Munich. Seemed like they were unloading our luggages even before asking, because even before we told anyone who we were, the luggages were already in pickup area.

I cannot consider this as having volunteered, because we were not given all the options.

We were fortunate there was another flight, but then who knows what could have happened if there wasn't any rerouting.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Who paid for the BA flight to ICN?
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • m0912329
    Options
    Lufthansa did it for us, so we didn't have to pay.
  • m0912329
    Options
    Thanks, well I'll give them an ask anyway...
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    m0912329 wrote: »
    I cannot consider this as having volunteered, because we were not given all the options.

Would you really have chosen to purposely miss your connection?
    I think you had a very good result with the reroute with a minimal delay and no extra cost for the direct flight
  • m0912329
    Options
    Whatever for?

Personally agreed with what you've said but at least we should have been given all the options, I don't care if it means waiting more or not. And at the time it did say cancelled, was surprised to see flight actually took off later.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure