IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

ASDA parking fines

Options

Comments

• dereal2003
    Options
    Hi,

just got a ticket at stockport, asda.

ive been parking there for ages, i park near the ramp exit which has no sign posts i now know there is posts which are like car height between the main parking section inbetween a left/right bay i was parkered around the corner before the vamp so i have complete missed these all the time.

my ticket says £70 reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days, i was abit annoyed as ive parked there for ages in the same sector, i shop there weekly at different times and i always park in this section as its last parking bay on the top section and isnt to far of a walk to the entrance of asda.

i have done some research which says if paid within 14 days it should be half priced even the stockport page says £35 if paid within 14days, since this ticket is incorrrect is this voided?
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It's voided anyway. Just ignore. It's not an official ticket, just a worthless piece of paper.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 7 November 2012 at 11:08PM
    Options
    dereal2003 wrote: »
    Hi,

ive been parking there for ages, i park near the ramp exit which has no sign posts i now know there is posts which are like car height between the main parking section inbetween a left/right bay i was parkered around the corner before the vamp so i have complete missed these all the time.

my ticket says £70 reduced to £40 if paid within 14 days, i was abit annoyed as ive parked there for ages in the same sector, i shop there weekly at different times and i always park in this section as its last parking bay on the top section and isnt to far of a walk to the entrance of asda.

i have done some research which says if paid within 14 days it should be half priced even the stockport page says £35 if paid within 14days, since this ticket is incorrrect is this voided?

Sorry but what flawed research! You appear to be confusing a scam fake PCN with a real Council one (which are 'half-price' when the Council offer the bribe of the discount to make people pay).

Like all the other posters on this board, you have a fake PCN. I am amazed that you were only 'a bit annoyed' at this protection racket?! What makes you think it would be OK for Asda to 'fine' their customers?!!

The registered keeper must just ignore it and ignore the other letters that will arrive. The letters are easy to ignore and laugh at, when they arrive at the address of someone who knows it's all hogwash and not a real parking ticket at all.

The whole scam of fake PCNs relies firstly on people's ignorance of the fact that a random private company can't fine anyone, and secondly on their natural fear of parking tickets and the escalating costs/bailiff scenario. So PPCs copy the look of a real parking ticket and - hey presto! - the cash rolls in from victims who know no better.

There is no fine, no CCJ, no bailiff, no debt, no effect on credit rating, no Court, no repercussions at all from a pathetic, unenforceable fake PCN (= invoice) issued by a random third party.

The signs and place you parked are irrelevant, there was no contract with you. This is a third party and neither they nor Asda can fine anyone at all, legally. You should be angry at this threatogram when you were an Asda customer! COMPLAIN IN WRITING TO THE CEO OF ASDA.

Tick off the threatening letters here.

Watchdog clip with expert Solicitor's opinion here.

Barrister's opinion - read the answer at the bottom, it's very clear! - here.

So I recommend from now on that you just play snap with the threatograms from debt collectors - choose to ignore and laugh at the scammer and their attempt to extort money. It's like deleting obvious phishing emails from your 'Bank'; it's a very similar con based on impersonation of authority.

DID I SAY DO NOT PAY?!!!!!!!!!! :D
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • atilla
    atilla Posts: 862 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

Safely ignore. Do NOT pay and when you're next in the store demand to see the Manager and tell him where he can stick the ticket and why.
  • dereal2003
    Options
    Thanks for your Reply:

I have read some post regarding the FAKE PCN at asdas,
    but id just like to claffify, the stockport ASDA is a Town centre one, i went in to ASDA and spoke to C/s who said its nowt do with them as its a council carpark....? so id like to know is that rubbish or is it in fact a council carpark.. its not like normal asdas carparks out of town ones..

Coupon-mad: bit !!!!ed what an understatement lol..

dont worry i aint paying it, even if its real i will be contesting the bloody thing, im use to debt letters, i work in debt management but PCN n that is not my cup of tea...

cheers folks.
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    ASDA have peddled that line before about their car-parks being owned by the council. If TCP are involved then it's not a council car-park.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • dereal2003
    Options
    Thanks pal, will file it.. lol
  • SodG24
    SodG24 Posts: 1,123 Forumite
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    ASDA have peddled that LIE before about their car-parks being owned by the council. If TCP are involved then it's not a council car-park.

Corrected it for you :D
    All aboard the Gus Bus !
  • atilla
    Options
    trisontana wrote: »
    ASDA have peddled that line before about their car-parks being owned by the council. If TCP are involved then it's not a council car-park.
    Actually, a few are.
    Stevenage for one.
    Seem to recall Southport being another.
  • atilla
    Options
    Thanks for your Reply:

I have read some post regarding the FAKE PCN at asdas,
    but id just like to claffify, the stockport ASDA is a Town centre one, i went in to ASDA and spoke to C/s who said its nowt do with them as its a council carpark....? so id like to know is that rubbish or is it in fact a council carpark.. its not like normal asdas carparks out of town ones..

Coupon-mad: bit !!!!ed what an understatement lol..

dont worry i aint paying it, even if its real i will be contesting the bloody thing, im use to debt letters, i work in debt management but PCN n that is not my cup of tea...

cheers folks.
    Stockport is NOT council.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family