PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Sausages recipes please!

Options
...need some help with what to do with them please.

Any easy recipes to follow would be great as I am a terrible cook at the best of times and don't often buy sausages as I think I will give myself food poisoning!

If it helps I have some cheese, potatoes, onions, tomatoes, passata, sweetcorn, peppers, courgettes and various herbs.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Do a sausage cassarol style thing. Chop the sausages up and fry with an onion, add herbs and some passata and any veg you need to use, add some hot water to make it a nice consistancy. Shove it all in an oven proof dish and pop a lid on or tin foil - in the oven at about 180 for half an hour to 45 mins.

Part cook your potatoes in the microwave and finish in the oven for lovely jacket spuds to go with it - add some grated cheese if you fancy.
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • squeaky
    squeaky Posts: 14,129 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There's a very nice sausage casserole in the Slow Cooker Recipe Index which comes highly recommended. Even if you don't have a slow cooker you could do it as a straight forward casserole.
    Hi, I'm a Board Guide on the Old Style and the Consumer Rights boards which means I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly and can move and merge posts there. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. It is not part of my role to deal with reportable posts. Any views are mine and are not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    Never ascribe to malice that which is adequately explained by incompetence.
    DTFAC: Y.T.D = £5.20 Apr £0.50
  • ChrissieI
    ChrissieI Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Grill the sausages. Fry the onions in a pan then add the tomatoes and sweetcorn. Chop up the sausages into small pieces add to the pan and serve with pasta (if you have any) put grated cheese on top and put under grill for a minute until melted.
    Should be lovely
  • carol_a_3
    carol_a_3 Posts: 1,104 Forumite
    Options
    I often put chopped up grilled sausages in with macaroni cheese, make the cheese sauce, mix with cooked pasta/macaroni, top up with grated cheese and brown under a grill.
  • Karma67
    Karma67 Posts: 541 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I was told this recipe by my MIL...they run a B&B and sometimes have saugages left over from breakfasts!

I think the original recipe was to make meatballs out of raw sausage meat but we don't bother!!

Sausage pasta
    1 pack of sausages (8 does a family of 4 very nicely)
    Pasta (3/4 pack to 1 pack depends on how hungry we are lol)
    Sun dried tomoatoes in oil.....1/2 jar
    Method
    1.Grill sausages, (or reheat) then chop into bitesized peices
    2.Put on some pasta shapes....quills are onlt 15p/bag in tesco ;)
    3. Cut up sundried tomatoes with scissors
    4 When pasta is cooked and drained ...add all ingredients together aswell as 1/3-1/2 the oil left in sundried toms jar(with herbs ;)) and mix...

then serve....DELICIOUS and soooooooooooooo easy :)

HTH
  • NixNoo
    NixNoo Posts: 123 Forumite
    Options
    Take skins off, roll back up like sausage meat and make some scotch eggs - boiled eggs (obviously) roll in breadcrumbs and for a healthier option, bake in the oven instead of deep frying - yummy
    Nix
    Am I talking to myself or wot?!:eek: :eek:

:o:p Please come and play with me, I'm bored xx :T :p

Weight 23 Mar 06 = 11st 9.5lbs
    (Maybe writing it on here will make me loose it now?) :confused:
  • honey28
    honey28 Posts: 1,546 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cook sausages in oven and when almost done add a large spoonful of honey and a large spoonful of wholegrain mustard and cook for another 5 mins or so - delicious!
    i make this with cocktail sausages and they fly out! you can leave off the mustard if you dont fancy it
    HTH
  • pavlovs_dog
    pavlovs_dog Posts: 10,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    oooh we're having sausages for tea tonight!

i've grilled them, and chopped them up to add to a tomato and red wine sauce (basic tomato sauce, but simmer the onions in red wine and let it reduce down before adding the tomatoes/passata etc)

will be serving it with roasted meditterraean veggies, but would be lovely with pasta
    know thyself
    Nid wy'n gofyn bywyd moethus...
  • moneysavingplumber
    Options
    How about a good old toad-in-the-hole?

For the batter just use 225g sifted plain flour, salt, four eggs and 300ml milk, and a tablespoon of oil. Beat the eggs and oil into the flour and salt with half of the milk until all the lumps have gone then beat in the rest of the liquid. Rest it in the fridge while you pre-cook the sausages and get the veg ready, then heat a little oil in your tray at 250/gas 9 until piping hot, add the sausages and batter and cook for 10-15 mins until the batter has risen fully and browned nicely, remember not to open the door until the end. You can obviously add or subtract from the recipe proportionately depending on the size of the dish.
  • rubytuesday
    rubytuesday Posts: 22,383 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had two sausages and a rasher of bacon. Grilled and chopped them. Boiled potatoes and made a cheese and onion sauce with a bit of brie. Covered sausages and bacon with sliced potatoes butternut squash and cheese sauce topped with chedder cheese and popped in oven. Still waiting for BF to arrive so I can eat it but won't be waiting much longer!! :mad:
    Here dead we lie because we did not choose
    To live and shame the land from which we sprung.
    Life, to be sure, is nothing much to lose,
    But young men think it is,
    And we were young.
    A E Housman
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business