Best smartphone for £100

Options

Comments

• rwalton159
    Options
    Googlemail and Gmail belong to google

Early email accounts were gmail and then they used googlemail. :)
  • Stompa
    Stompa Posts: 8,348 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    rwalton159 wrote: »
    If my experience of opening a new account a few weeks ago is anything to go by, they've now reverted back to gmail.
    Stompa
  • MoneyGypsy
    Options

I have neither - I currently log into 'google accounts' with a yahoo email address - within google accounts you can then set up a gmail account.
    :A :A :A :A
    DFW Nerd No.: 789 Ligthbulb moment: 23/09/07
    Challenge: No bank loans and CC gets cleared every month.
    Need to think about restarting the Grocery Challenges
    Sealed Pot Challenge: Put change in and give to charity when full.
  • 5867dude
    5867dude Posts: 115 Forumite
    Options

Both the same.
    In the UK, gmail was trademarked so they had to use googlemail for the UK. Recently Google have settled this and now everyone uses gmail.
  • Dreamnine
    Dreamnine Posts: 8,370 Forumite
    Options
    This phone is lovely...it's worth it just for the WVGA OLED screen.

I took some photos yesterday in our Botanical Gardens using my compact camera and copied them over to the San Francisco. They took a time to load - but this is just the first time, not every time you open the gallery - and they look simply stunning on the screen.

Very impressed, I was coming from a pulse mini phone (which was really a P.O.S.) and the difference is night and day. I also unlocked the San Francisco and put my 6-month-free-internet T-Mobile sim inside.
    I shot a vein in my neck and coughed up a Quaalude.
    Lou Reed The Last Shot
  • MoneyGypsy
    Options
    I have to say that initially loved it but the sheen is wearing off.

Firstly, there seems to be a wifi problem - which means that there can be problems connecting to my wifi at home. This appears to be well documented over on modaco with no fix yet.

The second thing is that it only seems to be set up for linking to gmail. I hoped it would function like my ipod touch where it has a 'mail' button and I can link all my accounts under it. :( Although this seems to be an android thing. I haven't come across an app yet which gets good reviews which has this function. If anyone knows one please let me know.
  • rwalton159
    Options
    MoneyGypsy wrote: »

Firstly, there seems to be a wifi problem - which means that there can be problems connecting to my wifi at home. This appears to be well documented over on modaco with no fix yet.

The second thing is that it only seems to be set up for linking to gmail. I hoped it would function like my ipod touch where it has a 'mail' button and I can link all my accounts under it. :( Although this seems to be an android thing. I haven't come across an app yet which gets good reviews which has this function. If anyone knows one please let me know.

Re: Wifi issue - read through here - it might help :)
    WiFi issue, Petition link & Workaround included

How many email accounts do you have? Some allow you to forward emails, which you could then forward to gmail. Just an idea :)
  • MoneyGypsy
    MoneyGypsy Posts: 274 Forumite
    edited 31 October 2010 at 5:23PM
    Options
    Re: Wifi issue - read through here - it might help :)
    WiFi issue, Petition link & Workaround included

How many email accounts do you have? Some allow you to forward emails, which you could then forward to gmail. Just an idea :)

The last post on the ned there - thats' me. ;) None of the fixes actually work yet. :(

I have two email accounts - but I don't want them forwarded to gmail where I then have to still go into the actual accounts to delete the ones I don't want. And when I send emails I want it to be from those accounts not from gmail.

It might just be the OCD at work! :)
  • rev_henry
    rev_henry Posts: 4,959 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    MoneyGypsy wrote: »

I have both my hotmail emails and my university emails pushed to the standard Android email program. Took a bit of fiddling to get the right settings (especially the uni one) but now its fantastic. I have never touched the gmail app on the phone.
  • MoneyGypsy
    Options
    rev_henry wrote: »
    I have both my hotmail emails and my university emails pushed to the standard Android email program. Took a bit of fiddling to get the right settings (especially the uni one) but now its fantastic. I have never touched the gmail app on the phone.

Ah so which one is the standard one? I only have the orange one on mine and it doesn't work with t-mobile.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure