Jual Domestics

Comments

• sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    The customer could have cancelled the order at any point (and still can); we can assure the customer that the hob has been on order from the date that she placed the order with us.

JUAL Domestics Ltd
    jualdomestics.com

So can Sooz cancel her order and be repaid IN FULL?

Happy moneysaving all.
  • sassyblue wrote: »

On the back of their receipts it states no refunds given only credit note for the store ,Why you would want to deal further with this store after a bad experience ?
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 November 2010 at 10:10AM
    Quoting the above on their so called customer service you really don,t want to speak to the manageress , i have just had a bad case of mis selling with Jual Domestics :mad: and i am currently in dispute with them after buying an item from them at a price given and paid for in the shop only to be delivered a cheaper ,lesser model .After going into the shop was met a poor response from the manageress .who just did not want to know
    Wish i had listened to the advice given locally about them and not gone there , cheaper is certainly not always better with this firm .

So what exactly did the manageress say?

Edit-anyone thinking of buying from jual should first read the site sg5.net-and search for the name Jual,as negative stuff is being removed..
  • sassyblue
    On the back of their receipts it states no refunds given only credit note for the store ,Why you would want to deal further with this store after a bad experience ?

Thought that'd be the case. If Jual can't honour the delivery as they said they should gracefully allow the customer to cancel and re-imburse them properly. After all, their order from the manufacturers hasn't been fulfilled so they should be able to cancel with no comebacks from them too.

hollydays, just because you had a good experience doesn't mean everyone who didn't is wrong! The customer (sooz) didn't change her mind her order hasn't been delivered and she still has no delivery date. More than annoying if it's holding up a kitchen installation.

Why has the credit card already been charged? And sooz, if l were you l'd ring your credit card company and see what they say.

Happy moneysaving all.
  • Former_MSE_Alana
    Former_MSE_Alana Posts: 252 Forumite
    edited 28 October 2010 at 11:10AM
    Hi,

We have received this response from Jual:

Quoting the above on their so called customer service you really don,t want to speak to the manageress , i have just had a bad case of mis selling with Jual Domestics :mad: and i am currently in dispute with them after buying an item from them at a price given and paid for in the shop only to be delivered a cheaper ,lesser model .After going into the shop was met a poor response from the manageress .who just did not want to know
    Wish i had listened to the advice given locally about them and not gone there , cheaper is certainly not always better with this firm .

"We at JUAL Domestics are aware of this customer and have tried our best to resolve the issue for him. This customer will verify that the product he has had delivered is the same product which he has paid for and which is written on his invoice. The customer signed for and accepted the product in good condition. The customer then came into our store and demanded that we upgrade him to the taller version of the same product free of charge – which we obviously could not offer. We offered the customer the opportunity to upgrade to the taller model if he was prepared to pay the difference between the two models – as good customer service, we said we would not charge him a further delivery fee as he lives local to us. Alternatively we offered the customer a full refund. The customer refused this and continues to demand a free of charge upgrade. There was no form of “mis-selling” whatsoever as the customer accuses, the customer received the product which he ordered. When the customer realised he wanted to change to an alternative model, we did all we could to assist the customer. "

"Yes, any customer can cancel their order at any time and obtain a full immediate refund. Sooz1’s matter was resolved over a year ago now."
  • sassyblue
    We're disputing a post made (and sorted) over a year ago!! Well done for bumping it up whoever :rotfl:

Happy moneysaving all.
  • lunaarbelle
    lunaarbelle Posts: 34 Forumite
    edited 2 November 2010 at 7:05PM
    MSE_Alana wrote: »
    Hi,

We have received this response from Jual:

"We at JUAL Domestics are aware of this customer and have tried our best to resolve the issue for him. This customer will verify that the product he has had delivered is the same product which he has paid for and which is written on his invoice. The customer signed for and accepted the product in good condition. The customer then came into our store and demanded that we upgrade him to the taller version of the same product free of charge – which we obviously could not offer. We offered the customer the opportunity to upgrade to the taller model if he was prepared to pay the difference between the two models – as good customer service, we said we would not charge him a further delivery fee as he lives local to us. Alternatively we offered the customer a full refund. The customer refused this and continues to demand a free of charge upgrade. There was no form of “mis-selling” whatsoever as the customer accuses, the customer received the product which he ordered. When the customer realised he wanted to change to an alternative model, we did all we could to assist the customer. "

"Yes, any customer can cancel their order at any time and obtain a full immediate refund. Sooz1’s matter was resolved over a year ago now."

Now come on JUAL your not exactly telling the truth here ,so here is the full story and sorry if it may be a bit long winded .
    My wife and i visited JUAL,store in south Elmsall to look for a freezer we found one and asked the shop assistant AND SHOWED HIM THE FREEZER and to give us a price as there are no prices on most off their products ? ,he went to his computor and came back with a price of £220 including delivery , we coudn,t make up our mind so decided as we were going on holiday the following week to wait till we came back .
    When we went back into the store after our holidays we again looked at the same freezer and again showed the freezer to another (differant) shop assistant and asked him the price incase it had gone up he came back from his computor with the same price as before ,so we paid for it and arranged delivery .
    When it was delivered i remarked to the delivery driver that it looked smaller than the one in the shop and he replied that seeing as i lived only a couple of miles from the store to sign for it and go into the store and sort it out , i decided to do this as i had been on the nightshift and wanted to get to bed and would go in when i got up .
    When i went into the shop the same afternoon i explained the the manageress that i thought they had delivered the wrong model only to be told in a very off manner that the model i recieved was the same model number as the one on my receipt , i said iam not doubting that and explained all of the above and stated the model that was delivered was not the one i was given the price for .
    I asked to speak to the shop assistant and who dealt with me to try and clear the matter up and she refused to let me speak to him and moved the shop assistants into the office.
    I asked to speak to the delivery driver and she rufused to let me speak to him also .
    She then said i could have the model that i chose and got a price for and thought i was getting for an extra £100 ,i refused and asked for a refund ,she said they don,t give refunds and could have have a credit note for the store .
    I refused this and told her i was not happy about the very abrupt way she was dealing with me and would take the matter further ,she then told me to leave the store when i asked to speak to the owner of the firm who was present in the store she again refused and told me she was the owners daughter and then told me to leave the store .
    I thought that we had paid for the item with a credit card and that when i got home i would be cancelling it and she just said fine we will take you to court ,i would have been happy with this only to find when i got home we had actually paid for it by debit card (never again ) .
    Since buying the freezer i have sent 2 letter explaining the situation and had two replies either pay the extra £100 or there is nothing they can do for me .
    I have never demanded a free upgrade only a refund .
    I have never been offered a full refund only a credit note .
    I have since found out through taking some consumer advice that there is probably nothing i can do about the situation only do be more carefull when buying items and to check the item you think you are buying is the one you should be recieving .and also to be more carefull where i shop in future .
    So the only action i can take is to post my experience on such sites and to help others who might have simular experiences .
    ( sorry for the spelling mistakes )
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 4 November 2010 at 10:08AM
    Jual, your version is not at all pleasant to read,I believe lunaarbelle is telling the truth.

Give lunaarbelle a refund.

He has clearly said he he would like a refund,and there is no reason for someone to make up a story like this.
    JUAL As you say you give refunds,why have you not given him a refund?

Have you considered he WAS given misleading information.I will not buy from you again.

I find appliancesdirect to be very very competative..
    http://www.appliancesdirect.co.uk/ they supply the likes of bhs and i recently got a fab bargain from them,you can check on their site if the item is IN STOCK!! etc.......:p

a couple of other threads about jual
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=1974361&highlight=jual
    postnumbers 8 and 9 worrying both say they were phoned and er.. "spoken too"!! when they posted bad reviews,Edit-others now saying they have been forced to remove bad reviews from review sites

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=2742460&highlight=jual
  • Just been contacted by another review site stating they have been contacted by jual and that if i chose to leave my review of them on then the firm may take action against me. i chose to leave it on as i don,t give in to bully boy tactics.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    lunaarbelle - if your payment was by a Visa debit card I believe you have similar protection to payments made with a credit card. (Fingers crossed for you).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure