MSE Parent Club

Options
Having found the MSE pregnancy club invaluable over the last 6 months I thought we should have a similar one for us MSE parents.

Our little princess, Imogen Beth, arrived 5 days ago on Boxing Day and now the money-saving really begins! :money:

I'm hoping we can use this thread for sharing money-saving tips, and giving and getting mutual support and advice.

To get us started, the following offers are in January's Prima Baby & Pregnancy (bought with money-off coupon from hospital Bounty bag):

10% off Red Castle - strollers and nursery stuff. You need to register and log on to babyexpert.co.uk for the link.

10% off K's Kids - fun & educational toys. Find the link on the babyexpert.co.uk site, enter code ksk1 at the checkout.

10% off Lula Sapphire - nursery-ware & accessories. Link from the babyexpert.co.uk site. Enter code 'Prima Baby' at the checkout.

10% off Treehouse - nursery-ware. Link from babyexpert.co.uk. Enter code PB01 at the checkout.

10% off Caboodle changing bags. Link from the babyexpert.co.uk site, enter code PB2 at the checkout.

10% off Beyond the Rainbow - gifts. Link from babyexpert.co.uk, then enter code PV at the checkout.
MSE Parent Club Member #1
Yummy slummy mummy club member
50% slummy, 50% mummy, 100% proud
Imogen born Boxing Day 2006
Alex born 13 July 2009

Comments

• jimsmum
    jimsmum Posts: 4,044 Forumite
    Options
    congratulations!!!!
    I heart The Capital ;)
  • crutches
    crutches Posts: 1,065 Forumite
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!!!!!
    Every day above ground is a good one ;)
  • Snaggles
    Snaggles Posts: 19,503 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations Lu T, crikey, weren't you in labour about 3 days before Xmas?? How did you cope till Boxing Day!!
    "I wasn't wrong, I just wasn't right enough."
    :smileyhea
  • ziggy2004
    Options
    hi lu t congratulations!!!!!!
    I'll join in ruben was born on the 30th of november. the best tip i got was to use sainsbury's new born nappies they are as good as pampers but a lot cheaper!!!!!!!!! luckily we kept everything we had for ds1(now 2) so we did not need a lot of stuff
    x anne
    (excuse the tyoing as one arm is being used for rocking the baby)
  • alwaysonthego_2
    Options
    ziggy2004 wrote:
    hi lu t congratulations!!!!!!
    I'll join in ruben was born on the 30th of november. the best tip i got was to use sainsbury's new born nappies they are as good as pampers but a lot cheaper!!!!!!!!! luckily we kept everything we had for ds1(now 2) so we did not need a lot of stuff
    x anne
    (excuse the tyoing as one arm is being used for rocking the baby)

aldi's nappies and wipes are great and cheap
  • ziggy2004
    Options
    aldi's nappies and wipes are great and cheap
    Thanks but unfortunately I have no Aldi here :(

X Anne
  • vippymini
    Options
    My DS is 15 weeks now and find lidls and tescos good value for nappies!:rotfl:
  • gravitytolls
    gravitytolls Posts: 13,558 Forumite
    Options
    Congratulations.
    I ave a dodgy H, so sometimes I will sound dead common, on occasion dead stupid and rarely, pig ignorant. Sometimes I may be these things, but I will always blame it on my dodgy H.

Sorry, I'm a bit of a grumble weed today, no offence intended ... well it might be, but I'll be sorry.
  • Lu_T
    Lu_T Posts: 906 Forumite
    Options
    Yes Snaggles, I was having contractions on the Friday before Xmas, so it lasted 5 days. :eek: :eek:

Officially (from 3cm dilated) my labour was 15 hours and I would have signed anything at the point at which the doctor mentioned a c-section!

To be honest, I've almost forgotten about it now. I can honestly say it was completely worth it and I'd do it again in a flash. Isn't Mother Nature clever? :T

Another tip from me - you get so much free stuff in Bounty bags from the hospital I wouldn't buy any wash powder or fabric conditioner. We currently have a cupboard full, in addition to what we bought. You get quite a lot of baby wipes too, so you could use these before deciding what you want to do.:money:
    Alex born 13 July 2009
  • Lu_T
    Lu_T Posts: 906 Forumite
    Options
    Good job I started this thread 'cos I need your help!

Can anyone recommend somewhere I can get a couple of basic breastfeeding tops? I don't want to spend a fortune and just need one or two basic, long-sleeved ones to wear when I'm out. I can see plenty on ebay but they will be around £30 each by the time I've paid postage, and I want to spend less than this if I can. Any ideas?!!
    Alex born 13 July 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts