Problems with getting Uswitch champagne?

Options
MSE_Martin
MSE_Martin Posts: 8,272 Money Saving Expert
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
What's the problem?

Switch gas and electricity supplier after doing a comparison via Uswitch (provided you go via the special link) and you will get a free bottle of champagne. Ensure you read the Gas & Elec switching article for details and link.

Some MoneySavers have reported worries about not receiving the champagne, so I've been digging to find out what's happening.

When should I receive it?

You should receive the champagne once you've gone live with your new supplier and Uswitch have been notified of that.

This is a much longer time scale than most people think, it normally takes four to six weeks to switch and then Uswitch receives its final notification a month afterwards.

What to do if you haven't got your champagne

If you haven't received your champagne and its MORE THAN 3 MONTHS after you switched then I have arranged for a special e-mail to be set up for MoneySavers to query the status of its delivery [EMAIL="champagne@uswitch.com"]champagne@uswitch.com[/EMAIL].
IMPORTANT
Please only use this e-mail if you've been waiting over 3 months.

I've pushed hard to get this e-mail, and if everyone starts willy-nilly querying out of interest, then we will lose the ability to keep pressure on when the champagne isn't delivered.

What if that still doesn't work?

Then send a PM to MSE Archna and she is going to follow up cases for me (though please only do this as the ultimate last resort)

Martin

NB. Apparently it has sent 1000 bottles out this week, so many people who've been waiting will get now
threadbanner.gif
Martin Lewis, Money Saving Expert.
Please note, answers don't constitute financial advice, it is based on generalised journalistic research. Always ensure any decision is made with regards to your own individual circumstance.
Don't miss out on urgent MoneySaving, get my weekly e-mail at www.moneysavingexpert.com/tips.
Debt-Free Wannabee Official Nerd Club: (Honorary) Members number 000

Comments

• delta_sierra
    Options
    I switched my gas and electricity and USwitch sent three bottles of bubbly instead of just the one...so I drank the evidence in case they asked for it back!:j
  • eoin
    eoin Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    I switched my house and son's flat in June and have emailed Uswitch several times to ask when I will get my bottles but keep getting told that EDF have not informed them I have switched. I have been with EDF so long that I have paid my first 3 month bills several weeks ago. I suspect I will not get these bottles as I cannot make EDF inform Uswitch and Uswitch don't seem bothered about this.
  • coolcol1
    Options
    i changed my gas&electric-i think alot of people have done lately,so uswitch
    without doubt have been busy.
    it was better for me to split suppliers,so got £12.50 for one and bubbly for the other:T ,
    and i also received my bubbly and about 2 months later got another:beer:
    cheers
  • WeirdoMagnet
    WeirdoMagnet Posts: 1,015 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I switched my gas and electricity and USwitch sent three bottles of bubbly instead of just the one...so I drank the evidence in case they asked for it back!:j
    Yep me too! :dance:
    "No matter how little money and how few possesions you own, having a dog makes you rich." - Louis Sabin
  • irishesman
    Options
    Switched Elec/Gas 6/7 months ago and received two bottles. The first quite quickly and the second two months later. Happily, this one arrived on our wedding anniversary, and my wife still thinks I ordered it for her. I'm not brave enough to tell her!!!!:eek:
  • simo_3
    simo_3 Posts: 10 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Martin, email has been sent, still no shampoo despite ntheir promises of delivery in October!
  • hilstep2000
    hilstep2000 Posts: 3,089 Forumite
    Options
    I switched via this, and got two bottles, one of which I used for a wdding pressie, the other one's drunk! LOL!!!!
    I Believe in saving money!!!:T
    A Bargain is only a bargain if you need it!

• Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Options
    I emailed them in September and they ignored us. We sent a letter to them and still nothing

Charming lot - I don't think:mad:

We arranged our change in June and was activated in July and still not got anything.

What else can we do if we get ignored?
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • Horasio
    Horasio Posts: 6,676 Forumite
    Options
    That probably belonged to the people who never got theirs:mad:
    An average day in my life:hello: :eek::mad: :coffee::coffee::coffee::T :o :rotfl: :rotfl: :p :eek::mad: :beer:
    I am no expert in property but have lived in many types of homes, in many locations and can only talk from experience.
  • ziggy15
    Options
    Never got mine and not going to according to a very rude man at Uswitch. Insists I didn't use Martins link, though I know I did, so well done all those who got one or more bottles, but I'll use their competitor next time.
    PS. Not really a newbie moneysaver, got my £100 from Barclays etc, just new to posting on site
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure