window cleaners (merged threads)

Options
how much do people pay for their windows to be cleaned. i ve been quoted £6.50 for a 3 bed semi. it was £3.25 the last time i used a window cleaner.

how much are you lot paying. i am in the derby, littleover area.;)
threadbanner.gif

Comments

• JanCee
    JanCee Posts: 1,241 Forumite
    Options
    I pay £6 for a 3 bed semi in Cheshire, but it is an old house with lots of big windows.
  • Little_John
    Little_John Posts: 4,033 Forumite
    Options
    I just cant help think how does the number of bedrooms affect the cost of cleaning the windows? surely the number of windows in the property?

I think my mum pays about £4, she used to pay £1.50 but the guy retired and didnt tell anyone so we had to find a new window cleaner. btw there are 6 windows.
  • gixxerchick_2
    Options
    Ours should be £3 per fortnight, but we keep the gate at the side of the house locked so if we're not in when the window cleaner comes around he can only do the front of the house and only charges £2, ours is a 3 bedder .
    Pole Dancer In Training :rotfl: ;);) :rotfl:
  • gixxerchick_2
    Options
    I'm going to buy one of those telescopic window cleaners, argos have one for £15 cos i worked out the other day that it's costing us £40 a year for having a window cleaner.
    Pole Dancer In Training :rotfl: ;);) :rotfl:
  • dora37
    dora37 Posts: 1,291 Forumite
    Options
    We pay £4 for a 5 bedroom detached in Cheshire - we also have 2 sets of French doors.

Sounds like our window cleaners are a bargain!
  • hum_lovely
    hum_lovely Posts: 184 Forumite
    Options
    We are in Matlock, Derbyshire and paid (until recently......) £4 for our 3 bed semi. We only used them a couple of times since moving in once we realised how much it cost. My husband put a note on the light at the end of the drive saying 'no more window cleaning thank you' when he saw their car on the road and they have not called since. We agreed it was a large amount of money to spend x number of times per 'how ever many times the window cleaner chose to come' and would be better spent/saved elsewhere. Husband promised to do the windows himself rather than pay for them. We have a ladder, a bucket, a shammy thing etc etc, but somehow they don't seem to get done!

Incidentally, when doing A level Economics we each had to come up with a business plan including start up funding, day to day costs and income and profit etc. My classmate that had the plan to be a window cleaner 'won' as they had the biggest profit margin %. From what I hear there are more customers than window cleaners although this could be a regional thing. Where I used to live the window cleaner put me on his waiting list as he aleady had too many customers on that road, he said. That was 2 years ago and I never got to the 'top of the list' before selling up!
  • busymumof3
    busymumof3 Posts: 483 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    £8 for a four bed detached when they bother to come! Same as last three bed semi with big bay and conservatory.Gave up and decided to do myself a couple of weeks ago. Gixxerchick I have one of those telescopic window washers and there is very little control with it. I have only used mine once - not a very money-saving purchase! Thankfully windows in this house turn inside out for cleaning.
  • mad_bad_spender
    Options
    We pay £3.50 a month for 3 bed with eight windows in midlothian. Only need done once a month so not that bad. I just know we wouldnt get round to doing it ourselves.
    "The darkness has no answers"
  • vicki98_2
    vicki98_2 Posts: 241 Forumite
    Options
    We're in Lancashire & pay £3 a fortnight for a 3 bed terraced. But we're sacking the window cleaner this week as he uses dirty water!
  • Noozan
    Noozan Posts: 1,058 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    We pay £3.50 every 4 weeks for a 3 bed house. I do the insides myself, we did think about just doing the outside ourselves too but I just know we'd never actually get around to doing it!
    I have the mind of a criminal genius. I keep it in the freezer next to Mother....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure