Just Dial Saver users moved to Talk Talk

Options
greyster
greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
Dear Graham,

I am delighted to announce that TalkTalk, the landline company from The Carphone Warehouse, has recently acquired Just Dial Saver. So from 1st May your telephone service for "01524xxxxx" will be brought to you by TalkTalk.

From 1st May your plan will change to LeisureUKTalk with InternationalCaller Extra:

For just 99p a month you'll get:
# Unlimited** evening and weekend calls to UK local landline numbers (starting 01 and 02)
# Unlimited daytime, evening and weekend calls to over 2 million TalkTalk customers*
# International rates from as little as 2p a minute
# Access to customer services - via phone, website or email

To check out your new rates click here
To view your new terms and conditions click here

In the meantime if you have any queries we'll be happy to help, just email us as you did before at customercare@just-dial.com

Finally, I would like to thank you for your custom. I am confident you'll be happy with your service and all the benefits TalkTalk offers.

Welcome once again to the TalkTalk family.

Yours sincerely,
Donna Jones
Head of Customer Service

Comments

• utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    Time to move to Primus Saver 2,for free E&W calls.

I like this bit
    "I am confident you'll be happy with your service and all the benefits TalkTalk offers." Lol. :D
  • gerryfitz
    gerryfitz Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I got the above email from TalkTalk/Just Dial this morning.

I know it's only 99p a month, but why pay that when I can have it for nowt with Primus, however....

I've only been with Just Dial for about 6 weeks, if I change does anyone know if there are any penalties?

Regards,

Gerry
  • cashdaddy
    cashdaddy Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Really want to change from Just Talk now. Does anyone know how to switch to say Primus? I am tempted to sign up to Primus and let them do the work. Talk-talk's new terms and conditions look awful and I don't want to phone them as they will try and talk me out of switching.
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    cashdaddy wrote:
    Really want to change from Just Talk now. Does anyone know how to switch to say Primus? I am tempted to sign up to Primus and let them do the work.
    Do exactly that (0800 036 0094) after 12 noon - it'll take about 2 weeks (no need for you to do anything else).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • cashdaddy
    Options
    Thanks Heinz,
    think I will phone the number you quoted and sign up for the Primus 2 product.
  • utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    No doubt TT will be increasing the peak rate by 2 hours from 6am,shortening the 2hr free call period,and abolishing capped mobile e&w rates.
  • greyster
    greyster Posts: 2,392 Forumite
    Options
    When you phone the 0800 number ask for Fergus .... he'll make sure you're put on the right tariff - Primus Saver 2.
  • hansi
    hansi Posts: 3,001 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have just switched to primus 2 offer, no problems. (so far)
  • cashdaddy
    Options
    Just signed up for Primus 2 using the 0800 number given by Heinz. Pretty painless, call lasts just under 10mins while they take your details for direct debit etc. Was told that welcome pack will be sent together with connection date and when I receive it, to contact Just-Dial and tell them I have cancelled contract. Primus will also contact BT.

Bet when I phone Just-dial ( Talk-Talk), they will try and talk me out of it. Well, bit late for them now!
  • gerryfitz
    gerryfitz Posts: 78 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did Primus say you HAD to contact Just Dial or did they just advise you to?

I thought with these CPS changes you just told the new supplier and then let them get on with it?

I'd be interested to know before I start switching over.

Regards,
    Gerry
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family