CEX going insolvent rumour - how to verify?

Options
Further to this thread, I have been trying to contact CEX via phone all afternoon. I spent an hour on one number, just holding, and 30 minutes on the other number, just holding. I emailed them through the site - no response.

I emailed them through their super-responsive new email address as posted by them on their forums - no response.

Is there any way to find out if they are indeed going bankrupt?

Comments

• C_Ronaldo
    C_Ronaldo Posts: 4,732 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cavycrazy wrote: »
    Further to this thread, I have been trying to contact CEX via phone all afternoon. I spent an hour on one number, just holding, and 30 minutes on the other number, just holding. I emailed them through the site - no response.

I emailed them through their super-responsive new email address as posted by them on their forums - no response.

i could be wrong but i dont think there is a way for you to check,
    No Links in Signature by site rules - MSE Forum Team 2
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Debt_Free_Chick Posts: 13,276 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    cavycrazy wrote: »

No. In fact, even the staff won't know, for sure - they'll just carry on working "normally" until the receiver/liquidator goes in and sacks them
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • ihatecex
    ihatecex Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    This is true, as Cex couldn't pay staff since 21/07 and claim the bank fault, when they are paying staff on overdraft with the bank. Staffs get paid into their accounts and got withdraw back out in the same day as the bank declined the unauthorised overdraft. Since now, Staff still not got paid yet.

Cex is only good place for thiefs to come in and sell stuff for quick cash, so mostly stuff are stolen and overpriced and most people come in to get rids of their rubbish rather than buying second hand items at nearly brand new price.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    There seem to be mainly first and new posters posting on this site about this company.......
  • ihatecex
    Options
    yes as Cex keep letting custy down day by day. What i said is true. I bet you do know as well if you "love" CEX or maybe work for them.
  • hollydays
    Options
    ihatecex wrote: »
    yes as Cex keep letting custy down day by day. What i said is true. I bet you do know as well if you "love" CEX or maybe work for them.

Custy..?
    School holidays,don't you just love 'em.
  • ihatecex
    Options
    custy = customer. CEX word.

School Holidays ? i ain't a kid anymore.
  • hollydays
    Options
    ihatecex wrote: »
    This is true, as Cex couldn't pay staff since 21/07 and claim the bank fault, when they are paying staff on overdraft with the bank. Staffs get paid into their accounts and got withdraw back out in the same day as the bank declined the unauthorised overdraft. Since now, Staff still not got paid yet.
    Cex is only good place for thiefs to come in and sell stuff for quick cash,"

If you work for someone you know is not choosy about buying stolen goods,why would you be surprised when they bounced your pay cheque?
  • jamespir
    jamespir Posts: 21,456 Forumite
    Options
    theyu cannot tell if the goods are stolen you sign a waver stating that the goods you have are yours and that they are not stolen
    Replies to posts are always welcome, If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • hollydays
    Options
    I know that.

ihatecex SAID they were stolen..he didn't say it was hard to tell.
    They have the choice not to buy.

If they even 'suspect' the goods are stolen,they should legally refuse them at the very least.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure