We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Lose Weight 22

Options
Summer is here - So get the swimming cossies out :j
(well thats what the weatherman said!)

Welcome to the place where we encourage you not to save £'s but to lose Lb's instead :D

So you wanna lose weight? You've come to the right place! :D Need a chat, a shoulder, advice perhaps or even some downright silliness??

Pull up a chair and join in the chat, whatever plan you're following to lose weight, be it SW, WW, RC, or just plain old reducing what you eat and increasing the exercise, there'll be someone here that can help and advise, or offer moral support.

There are plenty of regulars here who follow all types of plan and will be willing and able to help you out or at least point you in the right direction.

During the course of the week, feel free to post your weekly loss, gain or no change, and see your results in a chart that's updated every Wednesday evening. To help us older folk quickly spot the losses, please post the loss as BOLD and Colourful as possible :) (Its helps those of us with bad eyes ;) )

Also you can take part in the 5lb monthly challenge - This is a fun mini motivational monthly challenge, in which the goal of losing 2lb per week, is spread out to 5lb per month. Next one has just about started so get your name down quick and post your name and start the new list. You could be Slimmer of the Week, or Slimmer of the Month! :j:j The chart is currently maintained by one of our delightful ladies, BrightonBelle

We have plenty of recipes to help you in the recipes thread (link below) and there are links to useful websites below.
  • Various SW and WW style recipes can be found HERE
There are some friendly peoples 'Before and After' Pics on Lose Weight 18, 19 and 20 :)

So come and join us, we're a friendly bunch! There are even one or two gentlemen hiding amongst us! Well one of us is gentle ;)

Suggs
x
Proud Member of the Lose Weight Thread on I Wanna..................

Started January 2006 Total loss 180.8lb 82Kg 12st12.8lb

In an effort to reduce weight and regain some fitness................ 167 votes

Exercise isn't for me, on grounds of health
3% 6 votes
I am happy with my current level of exercise
3% 6 votes
I am trying to do a little more exercise
44% 75 votes
I am now training for a specific event
4% 8 votes
I am getting all the exercise I need playing scrabble
4% 7 votes
I am trying to improve my level of fitness
37% 63 votes
I am happy with my level of fitness
1% 2 votes

Comments

• Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Damm and Blast - the poll didnt work, sorry, was going to use the exercise one (below) suggested by efrieze, but add in the following.

In an effort to reduce weight and regain some fitness................

1. Exercise isn't for me
    2. Happy with my current level of exercise
    3. Trying to do a little more exercise
    4. Training for a specific event
    5. Trying to improve my fitness
    6. Trying to maintain my fitness
    7. I get plenty of exercise in the bedroom thanks :)
    But this time it didnt work :( LW23 then methinks!!

Fixed it :)

• Lainie75
    Lainie75 Posts: 261 Forumite
    Options
    hello all

i'm i first here wow i've always been last lol

Lainie x
    safc forever

Start Date -11/06/08 - Start Weight -36st 5lb
    Current weight -34st 5lb
    This weeks loss lb -total loss 28lb
  • missyg_3
    missyg_3 Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Oh no, new thread and I've got to start with this.... :o

OK I have to confess I didn't stop with the walkers baked crisps and curly wurly yesterday. I did the monthly grocery shopping and ate a few extra things afterwards which added up to a whopping 2453 calories for the day:rotfl: So knowing how the weight goes on me when I eat so much as 100 calories over my allowance, there goes the past 8 weeks hard work :rotfl: I think 2453 must be something of a record in one day. Good grief :rolleyes:

That is very out of character for me, so I'll consider that a blip and I have four days to try to minimise the damage (though all I can really do is get back to my normal eating/exercising plan as that's the healthy minimum anyway)!

Bright-Idea, thank you for sharing the clip of your son with us. What a brave boy :D Very humbling to watch that. How old is he?

Great chart BB, that total loss of more than 1500lb is incredible! That's more than 13 whole me's (or maybe more like 12 after yesterday :rotfl: )

Procrastinator, if you're giving up because you've decided you're happy enough at your present weight then that's cool :cool: But if you want to lose a bit, and are struggling alone then please consider trying a new approach. If you are consistantly eating less than your body is using up (without undereating or over exercising) then barring medical issues there should be no reason why you can't lose weight :)

Lainie congratulations on your success so far and super loss this week! Good to hear things are improving with your son's ADHD, I hope that continues :)

Lesley I'll be thinking about you on Sunday! What's the plan for the day before, will you be taking it easy? Is it an early start on the day?

Hope all goes well at the hospy with your DH, Lois :)

THANK YOU FOR THE NEW THREAD SUGGS :D :j
  • bails
    bails Posts: 3,196 Forumite
    Options
    Blimey, I spend hours catching up on all the posts, only to find the thread closed :rotfl:I was dreading coming over here to find pages and pages more - PHEW!

Welcome to LW 22 everyone (thanks Suggs), here's to a great WL for everyone on this forum :j
    Welcome to Lainie, you sound very positive and we can help you maintain that. Great vid of Ryan, no wonder you were crying, a massive well done to Ryan from me!

Sorry peeps, I feel like I'm letting the side down at the mo by not being able to give as much support as usual. I am with you all though and behind you all the way.
    The 1,000 Day Challenge:
    Feb 16, 2016
    500/30,000
    1.67%
  • Danni
    Danni Posts: 345 Forumite
    Options
    A new thread? Cool!

Jumping in on the Doctor Who discussion, remember in "Turn Left" Rose said that Donna had to die? I don't think she meant being run over by the truck (as her other self was still alive) and I think she may be the companion to die.

I also think the Doctor's severed hand stops him regenerating into a new form, and he stays looking the same (based on David Tennant having a contact to 2010).

Porridge and milk for breakfast today. I can actually tolerate porridge with no sugar now :p
    Purple Penguin Power!
  • kennyparkroad
    Options
    woot

thread jack party!

ive lost 18 pounds so far, last time i checked i was still 13 10

wisdom tooth extracted on Tuesday, mouth no better so have done no exercise.

got a wedding to go to tomorrow (not mine thankfully) and i really dont feel up to it :-(
  • julesgr
    julesgr Posts: 657 Forumite
    Options
    OOh a shiny new thread !!!
    Weight loss since 01/08/07 - 72 lbs:j
  • x_raphael_xx
    x_raphael_xx Posts: 4,327 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Suggs, were's the 'Meet the WLers' link in the first post?
    I'm soooo hungry this week, but I have nothing to snack on!! I've got an Asda delivery booked in for Sat morn, but I'm running out of food!
    Debt Free as of 17/01/2009 Turtle Power!!

EF Challenger #3 £151.36 / £5000
    MFW 2024 #100 £00.00 / £10,000

MFiT #40 Jan 2025 Target - £99,999.00
    Mortgage at 30/09/22 £113,694.11 | Mortgage at 24/01/23 £110,707.87
    Mortgage at 21/04/23 £107,701.01 | Mortgage at 20/07/23 £106,979.65
    Mortgage at 04/10/23 £106,253.77 | Mortgage at 10/01/24 £105,324.57
  • Suggs
    Suggs Posts: 1,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Suggs, were's the 'Meet the WLers' link in the first post?

I did think about it, but wasn't sure if it was ready for public consumption yet? :confused:

• PinkLipgloss
    PinkLipgloss Posts: 1,451 Forumite
    Options
    Evening all!

Been out and about organising last minute stuff today (picked up my criminal record clearance certificate from the police HQ, transferred funds to the UK from Japanese bank account, went to clinic with OH as he had to return his uniform etc).

Didn't have time to get out on my bike however I walked over 13,000 steps in 34 degrees heat and humidity! It's already after 8pm and it's only "cooled down" to 31 degrees! :eek: I hate Japanese summer! :mad:

Ended up going to a Chinese "all you can eat/drink buffet lunch" with OH's boss and colleages. The OLD ME would have gone a bit mad (eating everything in sight!) however I have to say I was very well behaved :D . I had salad, veggies and a glass of pure orange juice. I'm reformed! :rotfl:

Found a cheap watch shop in the electrical district of Osaka - it was 9,000 yen (around 45 pounds) however I had seen it elsewhere for 65 so I'm quite pleased with that. It's a bright red G-SHOCK (male one as the girly ones had tiny screens which I figured wasn't ideal when using the timer for running etc). OH tried to persuade me to get the black one but I was having none of it!

Finished packing one suitcase last night - it's 13 kilos - not too bad me thinks. I'll pack the other one tomorrow (shoes and bags!). Hopefully I'll be under my allowance.

With all this talk of summer I have a quick question for you all - is it just me or can you only wear clothes you feel confident in? For example, until I get to my target weight I won't be caught dead in a skirt, a pair of shorts or a swimsuit etc. I'm kinda jealous of ppl that don't give a damn and wear what they like - but I just can't do it! It's part of my motivation to loss weight mind you - to be able to wear what I want!

Bright-Idea - you must be so proud of Ryan! What an achievement - so soon after his operation! :T

Brighton-Belle - thank you for putting the chart together. :j

KPC - wedding photos!?!?! HA! I wasn't even there! We had to go to an interview together at the British Consulate General and then 30 days later we were issued with paperwork stating my eligibility to get married. At the end of Feb this year OH took that paperwork together with my passport to the local "City Office", paid a fee and then got issued with a marriage certificate! I was at work at the time - charming eh? How romantic!

The "master plan" was to do that - but not tell anyone (except my parents and his parents who were notified in advance). Japan is notorious for "red tape" it would be a bit of nightmare to have our marriage recognised here if we did it in the UK. Plus it would cause complications with OH's visa eligibility. Easiest way was to keep it hush hush then have a proper wedding summer 2009 (after I finish my masters). HOWEVER OH let it slip to one of my cousins (who told the world!) so now as far as all my family and friends are concerned I'm already married! :mad: Don't feel married as I didn't do anything! However - stuff it - it's my day regardless and I will have my wedding next year! :rotfl:

Suggs - thank you for organising the new thread. :cool:

Lainy - Whenever I feel demotivated I take a look at my before pics and can't believe I let myself get that bad - gets me back on track!
    "Isn't it enough to see that a garden is beautiful without having to believe that there are fairies at the bottom of it too?" (Douglas Adams)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport