🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Ryanair to charge for Visa Electron bookings

Options

Comments

• malc77
    malc77 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    My Neteller+ card arrived today (not the virtual one)...does anyone know if this + card now works for Ryanair?
    The first four digits of my card are 5415. When I mailed Neteller, they said that a very few retailers didn't accept their card- but to contact Ryanair directly if it didn't work.
  • alared
    alared Posts: 4,029 Forumite
    Options
    malc77 wrote: »
    My Neteller+ card arrived today (not the virtual one)...does anyone know if this + card now works for Ryanair?
    The first four digits of my card are 5415. When I mailed Neteller, they said that a very few retailers didn't accept their card- but to contact Ryanair directly if it didn't work.

It would be easier contacting the dead than RA,try booking a dummy flight to see if it works.
  • j0annepsi
    Options
    malc77 wrote: »
    When I mailed Neteller, they said that a very few retailers didn't accept their card- but to contact Ryanair directly if it didn't work.

What a joke!
    They've been using it as an advertising tool all week, posting on their facebook and twitter account saying "Escape credit card fees with our Net+ card!" and now they won't stand by their statement?
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I think retailers recognise cards by the first four digits of the card number.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • lufcgirl
    lufcgirl Posts: 1,875 Forumite
    Options
    I recieved my netteller prepaid mastercard yesterday, and it does get recognised as a prepaid mastercard and goes through fine! I'm pretty shocked as everyone kept saying it doesn't work!
  • j0annepsi
    Options
    lufcgirl wrote: »
    I recieved my netteller prepaid mastercard yesterday, and it does get recognised as a prepaid mastercard and goes through fine! I'm pretty shocked as everyone kept saying it doesn't work!

Hmm. I've just been using the virtual version, but I ordered the physical pre-paid card yesterday...so i will give them one last chance.

Can you tell us what the first 4 digits of your card are?
  • malc77
    malc77 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Excellent to hear that the Neteller +card is working OK.
  • lufcgirl
    Options
    Yep, the first four digits are 5415. I did a dummy booking, using an o2 money Visa card and got the error the card was invalid (obviously) and then used the Netteller and it said I had insufficient funds, which is true as I was just testing.

So to me it seems fine!
  • j0annepsi
    Options
    That's really annoying. My virtual card also begins with 5415, yet Ryanair consider it a credit card not a pre-paid, which cost me €10 in booking fees.

Neteller are just ignoring me now so I don't know if i'll bother even trying the 'real' card when it arrives in the post...
  • lufcgirl
    Options
    I think you need to cut Neteller a bit of slack here. Most likely, the whole Ryanair thing has just been sprung on everyone, including the card companies. Now if I was running Neteller and I found out about the changes then I'd be advertising we offered the card. As far as Neteller are concerned, they offer a virtual prepaid Mastercard plus an actual one so they should work.

It's Ryanair's system that is at fault, not Neteller. How can Neteller answer a query that is about a particular website not accepting their card, it's not their website. They're probably looking into as to why it's not working now, but I would have thought it's outside their hands.

Just try out the real version of the card and see if it works.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport