🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had been with Vodafone corporate for 12 years through my work - and when it came to choosing a (private) supplier - I thought "why not try Vodafone" but they were not even interested in responding to 2 emails sent to them - to see whether they could offer me "deal" - so I went elsewhere (EE first - then Three) - both of these companies, started out OK but went downhill shortly after - is it possible for any mobile supplier to stick to the agreed T&C / Prices ?
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Possible, yes. Likely, no.
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I've just been reading the paper and spotted a Vodafone advert for SIMO tariffs.

In the fine print they are joining the likes of EE, Virgin Mobile, o2 and Three UK in applying RPI to your contract.

It will increase every April based on the figures announced in the preceding March.
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • espy
    espy Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    espy wrote: »
    Wrt135 [#13262447]‏

Well, I've just had an email on the issue...

Short version -
    Purchased an upgrade from CPW 4/4, arrived 5/4; existing SIM was deauthorised before the new handset arrived. Spent some time trying to work out what the problem was (rural area, little to no signal, Suresignal), then had to try and get the existing one reauthorised because I actually needed to use the phone...

New handset arrived, activated the SIM, nothing happened. And again. Then told I needed a new SIM (why? No evidence the SIM in the new handset was faulty). New SIM arrived, activated online. Failed. Activated by phone. Failed. 4 hours on the phone to the helpdesk. Failed (and lied to about updates, callbacks, contact etc.). 3 weeks after receiving the handset contacted CPW and said that despite it being outside the 14 days, I was rejecting it as Vodafone's package was not fit for purpose. Meanwhile, Vodafone's last act of utter incompetence was to try to authorise the new SIM, but deauthorising the one in the old handset... Failed. I've been without any phone service for 2 weeks so far; the upgrade handset went back to CPW (by hand) 2 weeks ago and frankly I've had enough of their conduct. Phoned again for a PAC and was messed about for an hour and a half, to be told finally that if I use the PAC they'll charge me an early termination fee (on a contract that has been rejected)...

Lodged this on the web form and I've just had an email saying "I tried to phone you but it went to voicemail"... Hmm, perhaps something to do with the issue I've described?

Further part is *I* need to chase CPW to get them to inform Vodafone... Already did that when I returned the handset.

There is, of course, a formal complaint that has been sent in with a clear list of instructions on what I insist upon as restitution. There will be a complaint lodged with OFCOM as well. I'm fully expecting to have to go to court over this.
  • liviboy
    liviboy Posts: 549 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    At least you got a reply.

I'm still waiting on any sort of reply from Vodafone.

They clearly have no interest in responding on the Forum anymore.

I'm just glad I got my main issues sorted out without much hassle once I got through to a staff member that actually listened...my complaint, however, has not been responded to which is disappointing but not exactly unexpected!
  • espy
    Options
    liviboy wrote: »
    At least you got a reply.

I'm still waiting on any sort of reply from Vodafone.

They clearly have no interest in responding on the Forum anymore.

You can have mine if you like, it's naff all use to me (and I suspect equivalently useful to you).

I've been on the Vodafone forum, which seems to be populated by little more than fanbois and irate customers - they aren't interested in paying attention there either.

There's a reason their complaints with OFCOM are way up, and it isn't due to a new computer system.
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    Options
    Hi all,

If anyone still needs help with their issues and haven't already emailed us, please contact us via the form here.

To access the form you'll need to enter the code WRT135.

As well as stating your query in the question box, please also quote "MSE Forum".

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post it on here and we’ll check we've received it.

liviboy - I'll chase your query up and get back to you as quickly as possible.

espy - We've got your last email and we'll get back to you again as fast we can.

If anyone else has emailed us and are still waiting for a reply, please update the thread with your email reference number and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • espy
    edited 11 May 2016 at 12:19PM
    Options
    Vodafone wrote: »
    espy - We've got your last email and we'll get back to you again as fast we can.

Oh, please do. I've just been into Carphone Warehouse as instructed to find out why the return isn't showing and it turns out that I've been lied to by your organisation again. What a surprise.

The reason that my rejecting the upgrade as not fit for purpose is not showing on Vodafone's systems is because *Vodafone* have elected not to accept the return - not because CPW didn't do their job as has been claimed several times by your staff.

Disgusted doesn't come into it - you're clearly determined to hold me to a contract that has been formally rejected within 30 days on the grounds that you are not capable of providing the service agreed; you're prepared to attempt to overrule your 3rd party suppliers (who agreed to accept the return outside the 14 day period as they recognised your conduct was unacceptable) and pretend that it's nothing to do with you. You'll attempt to penalise me for trying to take my business elsewhere despite there being no legitimate grounds to do so at the same time as refusing to provide any of the service you are billing me for. Your conduct is despicable.

I have now been without any phone service since 25/4 because of your organisation's utter incompetence - and then you have the chutzpah to start an email with "we tried to call you on your mobile"?

I believe the Sunday Times journalists enjoy writing about this sort of thing.
  • thetriggerhappypwner
    Options
    Notice how Vodafone completely ignored my complaint here

Very interesting for a company representative right?
  • Vodafone
    Vodafone Posts: 4,297 Organisation Representative
    edited 20 May 2016 at 8:52AM
    Options
    Hi thetriggerhappypwner,

Our reply yesterday was an open invitation to anyone who still needs help with their account to email us.

Once you've sent yours, update the thread with your email reference number from our automated reply so we can make sure we've got it.

Thanks,

Sarah

Social Media Operations

Vodafone UK
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Vodafone. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport