Options

Comments

• AndyPK
    AndyPK Posts: 4,241 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 November 2014 at 3:16PM
    Options
    jhw280289 wrote: »
    I did compare with my actual current tarriff not the standard tarriff, you can choose your specific tarriff on the energy club comparison.

It doesn't matter. From Feb 2015 you will no longer be able to get that rate, therefore (rightly or wrongly) the site assumes you will default onto the standard tariff and prices to that.

jhw280289 wrote: »
    So i'm still confused as to how Eon can be cheaper when both their standing charge and price per unit seem to be higher than my current tarrif :/

Well the simple answer is, it won't be cheaper until Feb 15.

I recommend you have a look at the other npower tarrifs available on their own site.

You have just missed the Nov 2015 fix which was very good for gas. (EDIT: You now have until SUNDAY 9th) Have a look at the 2017 fix, and see how that compares with EON.
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Ferris wrote: »
    Our current plan (with EDF) expires at the end of Feb 2016 and has no early exit fees. We've only been with them 2 months.

The MSE/Eon plan would save us around £64 over the course of the 12 months for which it runs, but it expires this time next year, just as the cold weather starts to bite, so is it even worth switching?
    Same here. Does your £64 include £30 cashback? We'd save about £100 over 12months but by sticking (with EDF) I am betting that (in 12months time) the cheapest 1year fix will be AT LEAST £200 more than it is today.

Having said that I'm still hoverring over the "go for it" key ;-)
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • MSE_Dan_L
    MSE_Dan_L Posts: 655 MSE Staff
    Options
    MSE_Dan_L wrote: »
    Hi Cklass - thanks for highlighting this to me, not always easy to keep track of queries on here! I've asked our legal team for clarification on this T&C, just to ensure that I get this one 100% right!

Just to confirm that all switches through CEC will receive cashback, irrespective of your last switch date.
  • Ferris
    Ferris Posts: 471 Forumite
    Options
    grumpycrab wrote: »
    Same here. Does your £64 include £30 cashback? We'd save about £100 over 12months but by sticking (with EDF) I am betting that (in 12months time) the cheapest 1year fix will be AT LEAST £200 more than it is today.

Having said that I'm still hoverring over the "go for it" key ;-)

No, it was £64 before cashback, so closer to £94 with it included (since I switched to the April 2016 EDF plan instead, the saving has reduced to £44 plus cashback). One thing I definitely wanted to avoid was switching in the winter, so being fixed for the next two winters is a big plus for me.

If MSE had managed to negotiate a market leading price and a market competitive fix length, the winning company would have gained a lot more customers :)
  • grumpycrab
    grumpycrab Posts: 4,989 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Ferris wrote: »
    ...If MSE had managed to negotiate a market leading price and a market competitive fix length, the winning company would have gained a lot more customers :)
    One of the suggested products was a long-term fix but didn't seem that competitive.
    With the possibility (unlikely though it may seem) of prices falling in the short term I went for the 12month fix in the end but it was a tough call. A long-term is fine -if you're happy- and a zero-penalty exit fee helps alot.
    If you put your general location in your Profile, somebody here may be able to come and help you.
  • Patr100
    Patr100 Posts: 2,588 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm on EDF Energy Blue plus til April 2015
    Can I switch to
    Blue+Price Promise April 2016 ? Has anyone?
    (I know I will not get cashback)
  • ns0735
    Options
    I got the tariff details in the post today. The Gas MPRN is incorrect. I called EON, and they asked me to contact my broker!!! Any one any idea how I can contact my "broker"(MSE?).

I would really appreciate if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Cheers,
    ns
  • Biggles
    Biggles Posts: 8,209 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    AndyPK wrote: »
    It doesn't matter. From Feb 2015 you will no longer be able to get that rate, therefore (rightly or wrongly) the site assumes you will default onto the standard tariff and prices to that.
    Wrongly, as 99% of MSE'ers wouldn't stay on the standard tariff.

But never mind, as long as MSE has rung the till by duping you into switching via their website, they'll be happy.

To have a better idea of genuine savings, use www.energyhelpline.com instead of CEC and select 'standard results' over 'weighted results'.
  • Freepost
    Freepost Posts: 215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The new Npower tariff is out today Gas Online Price Fix January 2016 & Elec. Price Fix February 2017 . There doesn't appear to be a "Online Price Fix Jan'16" for Electricity. As far as I can see the Gas is a very good price, elec, not so good but no standing charge!
  • SnowMan
    SnowMan Posts: 3,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 10 November 2014 at 1:42PM
    Options
    Freepost wrote: »
    The new Npower tariff is out today Gas Online Price Fix January 2016 & Elec. Price Fix February 2017 . There doesn't appear to be a "Online Price Fix Jan'16" for Electricity. As far as I can see the Gas is a very good price, elec, not so good but no standing charge!

The new Npower Online Price Fix January 2016 is the cheapest for me, but no way could I face Npower's appalling customer service.

Looking at my comparison there IS an online price fix Jan 2016 for electricity. There is a standing charge for gas (£14pa for N West region) AND electricity (£52pa for N West region) under the Npower Online Fix January 2016.
    I came, I saw, I melted
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport